laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Thanks for your concern, dude,

unfortunately this is a known issue that can not be fixed at the moment, we'll have to wait until the new sound engine update is out :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking foward to that update then.....

Hello Laxemann, thanks for the awesome mod.

I see you have another mod which is a sonic crack standalone. If I want sonic crack sound too, do I need to install that mod too? or is it included in the new 1.10 update. (I saw DS_m_SonicCracks in changelog)

Just noticed that your mod is also available via Workshop (I hope that's an official download) if so, consider adding a link to the first post.

Edit: Just scrolled through this thread.

Now avaiable on Steam Workshop, say thanks to Bad Benson who convinced me.

Thanks Bad Benson ;)

Hello Laxemann, thanks for the awesome mod.

I see you have another mod which is a sonic crack standalone. If I want sonic crack sound too, do I need to install that mod too? or is it included in the new 1.10 update. (I saw DS_m_SonicCracks in changelog)

You do not need the standalone-Sonic Cracks is included in DynaSound.Enjoy :)

What about Enhaced Sound Landscape

What about it?

You fail to see the perfectly formulated, easy to understand question in there? :) [/irony]

• Like 2

Enhanced soundscape is a separate mod-it can be run alongside this but was not bundled with it as it can be performance heavy.

You obviously DON'T read other threads do you ?  Laxemann has already posted about ES in the ES thread !

Relax people. I'm asking this twice just to make sure, as I'm having some crashes in Arma when having both mods enabled. Wanted to make extra sure.

And yeah, I read plenty of posts a day, I think it is not a capital penalty to ask twice.

Relax people. I'm asking this twice just to make sure, as I'm having some crashes in Arma when having both mods enabled. Wanted to make extra sure.

And yeah, I read plenty of posts a day, I think it is not a capital penalty to ask twice.

No problem mate-it never hurts to ask. We all spend enough time tweaking arma-if some time can be saved by asking a question,theres no harm in that :)

Speaking of ES - You can find three new videos on my YT-Channel.

The mountain echo works perfectly, new forest and urban functions are included and all that's missing is the concept and function for the "3d tails".

After that comes a period of making sounds for each weapon/soundset.

I've seen many videos out there "showcasing" the mod... with 100% modded weapons and vehicles.

Reminder: DynaSound only changes the vanilla weapon and helicopter sounds. If the sounds

of a modded weapon change, too, it is because the weapon class inherits from a vanilla weapon.

• Like 10

Hell man, that forest video. You are literally redefining how video games should sound. That is some impressive stuff out there. Cheers!

Hi, I saw you have uploaded your great work in steam. Do it include "laxemann's enhanced soundscape" or it need to be download separately?

BTW, can I use it as the final complementary to JSRS3? or it is better to use dynasound + ES without JSRS? 

It looks like "fog of war" efect, in the second video 0:22  :P

Hi, I saw you have uploaded your great work in steam. Do it include "laxemann's enhanced soundscape" or it need to be download separately?

BTW, can I use it as the final complementary to JSRS3? or it is better to use dynasound + ES without JSRS? 

Given the number of answers on this page and in this thread stating that Enhanced Soundscape is a separate mod, I'd say probably not. 

You can remove weapon and helicopter sounds from JSRS and then run both concurrently (as in, delete the PBOs that relate to weapons and helicopters from the Addons folder of the mod). You may also need to remove some the environment sounds and certainly the sonic cracks and explosions too (off the top of my head). Both mods in their full form will not work together though. If you want to keep it simple, just use Dynasound and ES. Or JSRS and ES. Dynasound sounds better to me though. 

Hi, superb work!

Just leaving some UBC issues and script errors we've stumbeled upon.

12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_ASRAAM\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_ASRAAM/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_F2000\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Mk20C_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_F2000\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Mk20C_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_GMG\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GMG_40mm/manual/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Katiba\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Katiba_C_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Katiba\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Katiba_C_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Minigun\config.bin/CfgWeapons/LMG_Minigun/Manual/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Scalpel\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_SCALPEL/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Tavor\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_TRG21_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Tavor\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_TRG21_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Titan\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_titan/StandardSound/

and a few script errors:

2016/01/08, 12:47:27 Error in expression <cleLocal (_pPos);
_source say3d _sound;
DynaSound_DS_sys_dummyArray pushBack _so>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error position: <DynaSound_DS_sys_dummyArray pushBack _so>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: dynasound_ds_sys_dummyarray
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\functions\fnc_trackProjectile.sqf, line 73
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 Error in expression <
_trueDist   = _dist;

sleep (_dist / DynaSound_DS_sys_SoS);
{
if (_dist >= _x>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error position: <DynaSound_DS_sys_SoS);
{
if (_dist >= _x>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: dynasound_ds_sys_sos
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\functions\fnc_trackProjectile.sqf, line 56

Full server RPT: http://pastebin.com/SaEAYVf1

Thanks alot for your awesome work!

Hi, superb work!

Just leaving some UBC issues and script errors we've stumbeled upon.

12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_ASRAAM\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_ASRAAM/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_F2000\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Mk20C_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_F2000\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Mk20C_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_GMG\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GMG_40mm/manual/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Katiba\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Katiba_C_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Katiba\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_Katiba_C_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Minigun\config.bin/CfgWeapons/LMG_Minigun/Manual/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Scalpel\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_SCALPEL/StandardSound/
12:27:38 Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Tavor\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_TRG21_F/Single/
12:27:38 Updating base class FullAuto->Mode_FullAuto, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Tavor\config.bin/CfgWeapons/arifle_TRG21_F/FullAuto/
12:27:38 Updating base class ->BaseSoundModeType, by LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_w_Titan\config.bin/CfgWeapons/missiles_titan/StandardSound/

and a few script errors:

2016/01/08, 12:47:27 Error in expression <cleLocal (_pPos);
_source say3d _sound;
DynaSound_DS_sys_dummyArray pushBack _so>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error position: <DynaSound_DS_sys_dummyArray pushBack _so>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: dynasound_ds_sys_dummyarray
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\functions\fnc_trackProjectile.sqf, line 73
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 Error in expression <
_trueDist   = _dist;

sleep (_dist / DynaSound_DS_sys_SoS);
{
if (_dist >= _x>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error position: <DynaSound_DS_sys_SoS);
{
if (_dist >= _x>
2016/01/08, 12:47:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: dynasound_ds_sys_sos
2016/01/08, 12:47:27 File LAxemann\DynaSound\addons\DS_sys\functions\fnc_trackProjectile.sqf, line 56

Full server RPT: http://pastebin.com/SaEAYVf1

Thanks alot for your awesome work!

Hey dude,

thank you so much for both the friendly words and the report!

Got a question, the UBC "issues", how are they created? I checked the configs and the firemodes etc. are correct etc.

Thanks again :)

Hey dude,

thank you so much for both the friendly words and the report!

Got a question, the UBC "issues", how are they created? I checked the configs and the firemodes etc. are correct etc.

Thanks again :)

Are you still on the ACE3 public chat?

Playing this in multiplayer is incredible. Absolutely love it.  Thank you for releasing and keeping DynaSound updated.

I encountered this bug in MP so far while running latest version:

reXE6aE.jpg

I didn't have any launcher equipped, a quick search in the rpt says this:

Warning Message: Sound Titan_indoor_1 not found.

Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'laxemann\dynasound\addons\ds_w_shared\sounds\indoor\rpg_indoor_1.wss'

Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'laxemann\dynasound\addons\ds_w_shared\sounds\indoor\rpg_indoor_2.wss'

Mods used: -mod=@sthud_a3;@DynaSound;@CBA_A3_v2.2;

If you want the full rpt I can PM it.

From a standpoint of having no audio mods what so ever.  What should i download from the Laxemann "series" as it were for the best effect?

Do i just need Dynasound or do i need to add Enhanced Soundscape ontop?

For now you'll get the best sounds out of using DynaSound AND Enhanced Soundscape.  The only "issue" is that it'll hit performance more, but I don't notice a heavy difference.  Also, I'm pretty sure a future version of DynaSound will include it's own Enhanced Soundscape set of features which will basically replace his Enhanced Soundscape mod.  When that happens, you'll want to drop Enhanced Soundscape, unless he's going to keep them separated and update Enhanced Soundscape.