laxemann

DynaSound - A sound mod by LAxemann (Release)

Congratulations, your sound mod just cured my erectile dysfunction. Think I'm gonna go have another eargasm...  :angel: kthanxbye

• Like 2

I love the explosions and sonic cracks! But that's it... And the reverb add-on increases a lot the difficulty to identify the position of the sound source.

I hope the next update brings something more. 😋

Enviado do meu X5 através de Tapatalk

I love the explosions and sonic cracks! But that's it... And the reverb add-on increases a lot the difficulty to identify the position of the sound source.

I hope the next update brings something more.

What, just like real life then?

• Like 2

In real life the reverb has a lower volume than the sound source, and with the reverb enhancing its the opposite. In the other night in takistan i was hearing the reverb of the compound were I was very loud it looked like the shooter was 50m away but the gunshots were 400m away.

In real life the reverb is lower than the sound source, because the objects absorb part of the sound, they don't enhance them.

Hey LaxeMann,

There is an issue were the rhs smaw spotting round sounds like a 40mm grenade when it hits its target. It also is the same issue with jsrs to so it aint just Dynasound. Any way to make it sound like a 9mm or will that make all 40mm's sound like 9mm?

Please, make RHS support

Why would RHS want to know about a sound issue caused by a sound mod?

Also considering Laxe done most of the sounds over there I'm pretty sure he is the best person to ask.

The spotting round sounds fine without any sound mods.

It must just need configured in the sound mod somewhere which RHS won't know or care about.

Since distance-sounds can be done on an engine level with the upcoming update, RHS is planned to receive the full treatment aswell. :)

• Like 7

Since distance-sounds can be done on an engine level with the upcoming update, RHS is planned to receive the full treatment aswell. :)

Cool, looking forward to it.

Hey Lax-Do your helo sounds replace other choppers that use the vanilla sounds? I just played a mission which had 2 RHS Apaches on station above me and I was sure they had your Blackfoot/Comanche sounds coming from them.

Hey Lax-Do your helo sounds replace other choppers that use the vanilla sounds? I just played a mission which had 2 RHS Apaches on station above me and I was sure they had your Blackfoot/Comanche sounds coming from them.

If the mod vehicle inherits from the vanilla vehicle, the sounds will get replaced.

I'd usually say "nothing I can change", but since I do the RHS sounds, it's something I can and will change :D

• Like 2

Heya,

quick update:

Since some dev-branch updates ago, there are some complications. Mega and I are currently trying to find out if these are related to bugs in the new sound configuration (some evidence pointing there) or DynaSound itself.

Anyway, DS is pretty much ported and "all" there is to do is to find out why these complications exist.

The new possibilites are amazing and I will make use of them in future versions of the mod, but I'm currently veeeeery bound-in in exams and work and the things I'd like to implement require shittons of new sounds, haha :D

Take care!

LAxe

• Like 8

Heya,

quick update:

Since some dev-branch updates ago, there are some complications. Mega and I are currently trying to find out if these are related to bugs in the new sound configuration (some evidence pointing there) or DynaSound itself.

Anyway, DS is pretty much ported and "all" there is to do is to find out why these complications exist.

The new possibilites are amazing and I will make use of them in future versions of the mod, but I'm currently veeeeery bound-in in exams and work and the things I'd like to implement require shittons of new sounds, haha :D

Take care!

LAxe

On their release candidate thread they have this, just for reference incase you haven't seen it. 

• Fixes and tweaks to weapons / explosion SFX

Anyone tested DS with 1.56? All work fine or wait for update?

I did run it on the RC and it worked... I think. Certainly sounded different to vanilla (in a good way) but I also think there were bugs, which could be due to unresolved things that have since been fixed. 

trying now and it sounds totally different.. choppers seem to work, but the rest is vanilla.. maybe vanilla is overwriting it or so ?!

trying now and it sounds totally different.. choppers seem to work, but the rest is vanilla.. maybe vanilla is overwriting it or so ?!

Could be as people have reported it is overwriting DragonFyre too. LJ has an update coming for that I believe. Kinda want to try 1.56 with no sound mods for a day or two to see the differences that have been made first :)

I do like the vanilla changes, I mean that you are actually doing stuff.. Some distant explosions are way too loud and I still hate these sonic cracks.. because there is no variation in them, always the same db level, always the same sample. For me, dyna is by far the best approach to a nice sound environment..So I hope Laxx and Mega are able to fix things..I don't understand how vanilla could acutally overwrite the addon sound. Ima simply wait until they fixed it and play rocket league instead ;)

There is a 100% ported DynaSound version, but as long as a vanilla bug which makes almost everything sound weird (including vanilla sounds) isn't fixed, I won't release the new version. I don't want people to believe this weird sound comes from me, haha :D

Edit: I'll try to explain the issue real quick.

The new update switches the sound system to use "sound shaders", "sound sets" and some kind of "master sound set".

A sound shader is the smallest instance and consists of a sound (or more, but only one will be chosen randomly).

The sound sets combine different soundshaders.

The master sound sets enable it to further combine whole sound sets.

So we have three "layers" no which in the end generate the final mix.

Each shader and layer can have specifications, a sound shader e.g. could only be played within the range of 50-150meters and even have a smooth fade in and fade out.

Different sounds for different distances therefore are enabled by using different soundshaders for different distances, combining them in a sound set and applying it onto the weapon in a master sound set.

The issue:

Something definitely is messed up when it comes to mixing different sound shaders. As soon as more than one sound shader is within a sound set, it will sound as if a bandpass filter was applied - or in short: weird.

Example:

We have two sound shaders: A first person sound ranging vom 0 to 20meters and a "150m" sound ranging FROM 150m to 250m (and should therefore not be audible before 150m).

If we only have one sound shader (e.g. the first person sound)in the soundset, it sounds fine.

As soon as we add the 150m sound shader, the first person sound sounds weird, even though the added 150m sound shader is not audible below 150m.

So just having two sound shaders in one soundset (which it was designed for) results in a messed up sound.

After comparing the ingame sound to the original samples inside the .pbos I can say that this issue affects the vanilla game just as much, most people simply can't hear it because they've never heard the original

samples.

Anyway, I elaborated this issue together with mega, he reported it to BI/dusa and it's being worked on :)

• Like 8

There is a 100% ported DynaSound version, but as long as a vanilla bug which makes almost everything sound weird (including vanilla sounds) isn't fixed, I won't release the new version. I don't want people to believe this weird sound comes from me, haha :D

Edit: I'll try to explain the issue real quick.

The new update switches the sound system to use "sound shaders", "sound sets" and some kind of "master sound set".

A sound shader is the smallest instance and consists of a sound (or more, but only one will be chosen randomly).

The sound sets combine different soundshaders.

The master sound sets enable it to further combine whole sound sets.

So we have three "layers" no which in the end generate the final mix.

Each shader and layer can have specifications, a sound shader e.g. could only be played within the range of 50-150meters and even have a smooth fade in and fade out.

Different sounds for different distances therefore are enabled by using different soundshaders for different distances, combining them in a sound set and applying it onto the weapon in a master sound set.

The issue:

Something definitely is messed up when it comes to mixing different sound shaders. As soon as more than one sound shader is within a sound set, it will sound as if a bandpass filter was applied - or in short: weird.

Example:

We have two sound shaders: A first person sound ranging vom 0 to 20meters and a "150m" sound ranging FROM 150m to 250m (and should therefore not be audible before 150m).

If we only have one sound shader (e.g. the first person sound)in the soundset, it sounds fine.

As soon as we add the 150m sound shader, the first person sound sounds weird, even though the added 150m sound shader is not audible below 150m.

So just having two sound shaders in one soundset (which it was designed for) results in a messed up sound.

After comparing the ingame sound to the original samples inside the .pbos I can say that this issue affects the vanilla game just as much, most people simply can't hear it because they've never heard the original

samples.

Anyway, I elaborated this issue together with mega, he reported it to BI/dusa and it's being worked on :)

I dont want to run to far off topic but I guess its exactly the kind of problem I told you about. You need all samples of all shaders you put into one set have the same frequency as it needs the same channels. Stereo. So I guess your distance sounds in your example are mono, which makes sense, but try converting them into stereo, the same frequency and channels as every other sound in the Set and you will get the result you are looking for.

I think its because of the 3DProcessors right now. Even in the wiki it says:

"The Stereo Emitter creates two virtual speakers in the 3D world, each speaker is playing back one channel of the stereo file. Only stereo files are supported at the moment."

The emitter doesn't work very well for me either. I switched all my processors to "panner" type and have all samples in stereo/44.1. Works fine and I dont have any sort of "bandpass filter" effect on them anymore.

Tho I know due to size its not the best solution. But you could maybe split the Sets. Close and Distance sets. And put all the Mono shaders into one Set then?

LJ

I dont want to run to far off topic but I guess its exactly the kind of problem I told you about. You need all samples of all shaders you put into one set have the same frequency as it needs the same channels. Stereo. So I guess your distance sounds in your example are mono, which makes sense, but try converting them into stereo, the same frequency and channels as every other sound in the Set and you will get the result you are looking for.

"The Stereo Emitter creates two virtual speakers in the 3D world, each speaker is playing back one channel of the stereo file. Only stereo files are supported at the moment."

The emitter doesn't work very well for me either. I switched all my processors to "panner" type and have all samples in stereo/44.1. Works fine and I dont have any sort of "bandpass filter" effect on them anymore.

Tho I know due to size its not the best solution. But you could maybe split the Sets. Close and Distance sets. And put all the Mono shaders into one Set then?

LJ

I completely understand all those words  ;)  Great you guys can get along and help each other to bring all of us audio luddites the stuff we love! Thanks LJ and Lax

LJ

I already tried it and it didn't help - mega and I spent almost 10 hours on this freaking problem haha.

The same issue can be heard in the vanilla sound, I'm pretty much 100% sure

I already tried it and it didn't help - mega and I spent almost 10 hours on this freaking problem haha.

The same issue can be heard in the vanilla sound, I'm pretty much 100% sure

Just if it helps: It worked for me only across multiple Sets. For example: With explosions I also had Debris and Tails to be stereo. Now it works and I have no difference in the sample as to the sound ingame anymore.

LJ