Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Hey not sure where to ask this so I will ask it here. Does anyone know if the "revised" EULA is legit for U.S. Army Lite?Are civilians allowed to have it and distribute it legally? And Can I get a reply from someone in BIS and not connected with either jcove.uk or a average member of these forums. Reason I say that is not disrespect I just want an answer from "the horses mouth" as it is said.

Hey not sure where to ask this so I will ask it here. Does anyone know if the "revised" EULA is legit for U.S. Army Lite?Are civilians allowed to have it and distribute it legally?

VBS2 US Army Lite is licensed to the US Army, therefore you must be authorized by the US Army to have the software. If you do not have access to AKO/MilGaming or a CAC card then chances are you won't get it or shouldn't have it unless otherwise authorized by PEO STRI. The software should also not be distributed by anyone other then the US Army or authorized persons and should not be handed out to "civilians".

I do not happen to have a copy of the latest EULA with me but the one sent out in 2010 with the software pretty much sums it up and probably hasn't changed much since. If you want more details on this feel free to send a email to us at support@bisimulations.com and we'll be glad to elaborate further on additional questions.

And Can I get a reply from someone in BIS and not connected with either jcove.uk or a average member of these forums. Reason I say that is not disrespect I just want an answer from "the horses mouth" as it is said.

I'm the Support Manager for all of BISim ;)

Edited by Vandrel

Latest features video is pretty sweet:

Hah, I recognise the insurgent video that the "body armour simulation" would have sprung from.

Some great stuff there.

Damm that is beautiful. Why VBS2 videos always look so much "clean", smooth an natural?

The quesion that is always raised: What came from A3 and what will be in A3?

Damm that is beautiful. Why VBS2 videos always look so much "clean", smooth an natural?

Military customers are, I imagine, not willing pay more for dirt on their textures. Also, you'll note an almost total lack of normal maps on units. It's not seen as necessary for 99.9% of customers (and increases performance).

Military customers are, I imagine, not willing pay more for dirt on their textures. Also, you'll note an almost total lack of normal maps on units. It's not seen as necessary for 99.9% of customers (and increases performance).

I know, the models also look so simple yet so good. Dunno, might be the high FPS, something that I usually don´t see in A2 :p

It is good to see those guys expanding even more their costumers base and adding new features everytime.

Soldier moving inside flying plane.

Physx?

Posible to do it on Arma3?

There is so much stuff on there, i hope a lot of that goes into Arma3.

The new VBS2 video made me rage inside a little.

Why can't ArmA3 have all these nice features? I would gladly exchange all the cool graphics for them.

Why can't ArmA3 have all these nice features?

Most is customer requirement funded ;)

That's not say things won't change in the future. No telling how either sets of software will be sitting in the future.

Why can't ArmA3 have all these nice features?

I'm actually just delighted to see some basic Arma 2 features finally making an appearance in VBS2!.... Supershaders & lighting... and, my personal favourite - parallax groundtextures.... finally! :)... you can only do so much with nohq's....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Just curious: How challenging is the milsim competition in EU and other countries? How profitable is selling tools + support to other companies eg Visitor4/terrain making?

Most of those features that are in that VBS2 video are either already in A2, confirmed to be in A3, or exist or could easily exist in user made mods. People have this view of VBS2 like its some amazingly different game... Unless you are using it for training then its really not all that exciting compared to what is out there for A2 and made available from the user community.

A2 + ACE already is more realistic than VBS2 in a number of areas, but thats not the point of VBS2.

Most of those features that are in that VBS2 video are either already in A2, confirmed to be in A3, or exist or could easily exist in user made mods. People have this view of VBS2 like its some amazingly different game... Unless you are using it for training then its really not all that exciting compared to what is out there for A2 and made available from the user community.

A2 + ACE already is more realistic than VBS2 in a number of areas, but thats not the point of VBS2.

True, but then there is the VBS2 editor. :O I hope A3's is anything close to it!

The RTE is pretty nice, though I think its pretty cluttered in a lot of places. I almost always use the OME in VBS2.

though I think its pretty cluttered in a lot of places

ACE dev, complaining about clutter. lolololololol

ACE dev, complaining about clutter. lolololololol

trololololololololol

so hilarious.

U mad bro.

Meanwhile:

Yet more rendering improvements, nice.

VBS2 US Army Lite is licensed to the US Army, therefore you must be authorized by the US Army to have the software. If you do not have access to AKO/MilGaming or a CAC card then chances are you won't get it or shouldn't have it unless otherwise authorized by PEO STRI. The software should also not be distributed by anyone other then the US Army or authorized persons and should not be handed out to "civilians".

Then how is it your own WIKI states that "copy and use of it is free to anybody" Only thing that seems restricted to military personel is access to military download sites which makes sense. So which is correct? your statement above or the WIKI?

http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/ARMY_Lite_EULA

This seems to be the most up-to-date EULA. It contains a lot of legalese and contract-lingo, but on two readings of it, I can´t see any section that expressly limits the access to military users only. Possibly the US Army has the right to decide that and has regulated that elsewhere?

The specific part of the EULA that regulates users appears to be section I.

Unless this is really cleared up, though, my gut feeling is to steer way clear of this. Don´t wanna get in trouble with either BI or the Guvnment.

Also this: http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.de/2010/03/vbs2-lite-us-army-distribution-to.html

Lots of conflicting information on this, out on the net and here on the boards.