Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Oct. 17 2002,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Oct. 17 2002,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Oct. 16 2002,13wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ge,, i wonder if the XBOX version will be as screwed up as its PC's conterpart. <!--emo&mad.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you play it if it's "screwed up"? Why average review score for both OpFlash and OpFlash Resistance from many magazines around the world counts around 90%? If this is what you mean, believe me XBox version will be exactly "screwed up" as the PC version is.<span id='postcolor'>

understand MARUK, i was P***ed off, i apologise.

But i still am annoyed at the MP problems that were introduced, fair enough your working on it but MP was the best part of the Game for me and now its become unplayable sad.gif  sad.gif

And what i meant about the XBOX, i was gathering that it would be the SAME as the pc version, meaning V1.75 (which still had many bugs), how would you ammend the bugs that appear in the XBOX version? (if they appear that is?)  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

BOB, they are working very very hard to help us. I know that as I was on server when they were testing. I don't understand how ppl expect so much from bis. They keep supporting us after a long time so what do u want more? They could just say screw ofp, but they didnt, they are fixing it.

thats a very rude thing to say tho, these guys put alot of work into this product i was also on the server with ale there, really tho u cant knock sumthing untill you can do better.

Another thought on the patch...

For some reason the AI seem to behave somewhat differently now. I'm playing the RH campaign again, and I notice all kinds of never-before-seen AI behaviour. Suddenly enemies appear where I least expect them. Great stuff. It keeps me on my toes.

He said something dumb, he realised that he shouldn't have posted in haste, he's apologised, please let this go back to being about the 1.85 patch, not about Bob smile.gif

Did any of you notice that in the map "sector control" the vehicles on the bridge are floating one meter above the ground?

also on sum objects like the docs in resistance u float above them lookin side on your about 20cms off the surface nothing major.

Pro:  -My favorite change are the MG´s they work great now and have a big influence on the whole game!! They are the most important med range weapon now!!

-Second best is the planes AI! A10 is a real BMP buster now... fun to watch it!

-The resistance sniper is a good idea.

-I like the pistols much better now.

Con:  -The new sniper fires tracers and AI does not attack at long range. The attack  patterns seem to be the same as with the hunting rifle (which fires tracers

too). All this making the new unit pretty useless for AI and MP!

- I miss some old things I would have liked to be fixed... First of all the M2east next all these inventory pictures, The Mi17 MG... I like fixes of the old engine

and units better than new ones!

All in all good work and keep on patching wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([AIM] TERMINATOR @ Oct. 16 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you Suma and Maruk for coming on our GP server last night, for testing etc... I enjoy killing u guys hehehe

Keep up the good work BIS  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This make me Happy, The top guys at Bis coming out to play and mixing it with the average OFP player, and seeing the problems first hand.

I think we all realise that 1.85 has some problems but I'm sure that BIS will sort it out and my life addicted to OFP can continue as planned.

Roll on the next patch and if you guys want to come and play some good coop on my server feel free biggrin.gif

I have the faith in BIS even if some people who post here dont ...

I have heard reports on the AI choppers not landing where they are supposed to with 1.85, I have not seen this, all AI pilots seem to land fine.

But there does seem a problem with custom faces and sounds, I guess the servers now cache's them.. but sometimes when you re-connect with the same face and sounds the server doesnt like it says "error in face.jpg" or "error in sound.ogg" and kicks you. If you remove your customised face and sound then you can re-connect, well no cammo-monkey for a while, but at least i connect faster with no face sounds or XML ...

See this Flashnews topic for most recent updates on patch development. The latest news is that 1.87 Beta Server is available.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maruk @ Oct. 17 2002,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See this Flashnews topic for most recent updates on patch development. The latest news is that 1.87 Beta Server is available.<span id='postcolor'>

Mirrored and Discuss Here

it seems that i was wrong with my thought about finding some bug with missing HEAT shells in mp. my mistake, sorry.

gr8 server skunk.

and agin BIS i cant say how impresive is the fact that u r still working and supporting this awsome game, u r really the best even if sometimes things dont come up as u like.

flamble posts like the 1 in some previouse pages should b ignored.

sorry for the spelling mistakes im not an english speaker...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kilerbee @ Oct. 17 2002,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gr8 server skunk.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank-you,

We do try to be the best OFP Co-op server, with intresting abd diverse maps ...Glad you like it, I guess many people do as we seem to run 24/7 with 10-20 people on it. Rarely see it empty biggrin.gif

ya know what would be cool if the community pulls together a mixed team and challanges BIS to a match biggrin.gif.

Thanks for your time BIS, great work with 1.87!

RED

Hi all

Thanks to all at BIS for being the only game creators who realy support their community. With both the patch and its updates done in days rather than the months we get with other games.

A special thanks too from all at the CoC for the new script command you gave us  

onMapSingleClick means masses of new things are possible not just the improved command engine it was intended for.

Kind Regards from walker

On behalf of all at the CoC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nikolai @ Oct. 16 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must be really stupid..<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry about that. Pretty mindless comment.

My apologies.

Nikolai

there not the only walker my other game il2 gets alot support, but aside from il2 ive never played a game with as much support from the developers for this long.

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I've found what I assume to be a bug. When you are hit in the legs and cannot stand up, whenever you use the 'stand' button, you get up, yell, and go right back down. However, if you use the 'crouch' button while holding the forward key, you get up, run a few yards, and then hit the ground again. I'm not sure it it's new in 1.85 or not though, I haven't tried it in previous versions. Just something to look into.

Again, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Doh! Knew I should have checked it out in 1.46 before I posted.

Oh well, bravo with 1.85 BIS. I love the A-10's better cannon... I can actually strafe now! And the new addons are pretty cool as well (got to love the bike, how can you not...), and I love the handgun deathmatch.

Amazing work guys, I have to say OpFlash is the best game I've ever bought. Keep up the good work.

Just my 2 cents worth. Now I'm not the one to complain, as I really enjoy OFP and the opprtunity to learn how to create models, but there are 3 things that do bug me. 2 of which have bugged me since OFP 1.xx. These two are:

1. Aircraft AI are dumbest of all creatures for the following reason: Why can't they fly without running into each other or the player?

2. The AI who keeps asking 'Where are you?'

Combine the two above and you get a chopper pilot who is off your port side in visual distance who shouts 'Where are you?" then proceeds to fly into the side of you.. mission over!

The 3rd bug has already been reported, and that is the fact that aircraft disappear north of Nogova. Add South East West and all the islands and we have BIS version of the Bermuda triangle. I figured it out that once you leave the confines of the map space you disappear. Return to the map space and lo and behold there you are again.

That I can live with. But as for the AI who are in visual distance and keep asking that same dumb question.. they become Number 1 priority in my sights.:D

Apart from those niggly bits, another hurrah to you guys at BIS, and this grey old f**t is going to do some extreme biking on the mountains of Nogova.

Cheers

I know i could be a bit off-topic. But there's a way to prevent users to play with custom stuff??

Lol, yeah I agree with that. Choppers crashing into each other in mid-air while they're in the same group is just stupid. Why not implement some sort of crash-prevention or have each chopper in the group fly at a different height, say in 6 meter increments. In many of the original campaign missions I happily call in the Cobras only to watch them crash into each other after 1-2 minutes.

Also, I'm not sure whether this was fixed in 1.85 but I remember that there is somewhat of a 'cheat' on going up/down very steep hills. While normally you're forced to go prone to climb/decend on steep hills, you can also hold the forward and strafe right/left keys and manage to run up/down these very steep hills, you just need to turn the soldier at the right angle while doing it.