Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

well, although some people have complained about the new weapons, i must say i really like them, especially the hunting rifle and the silenced hand gun. and i have no probs with their sounds either.

as for the mini....now we can play mr. bean, lol

great patch, thx again BIS!

and last but not least I'd like to take this chance to apoligize to Exodist and anyone who felt offended by my previous post! Cheers!

Yeah, patch is great. Really a good job, BIS. Thank you! I'm waiting for linux server.

The people who tell that you add nothing for east are wrong. You've made something: Tokarev now more inaccurate biggrin.gif Thats cool, thank you at least for this smile.gif But please, in next patch, try not to convert AK to axe biggrin.gif

Great work as always BIS, OFP has come a very long way since 1.0.

RED

Just please BIS, in the next patch, change the sounds and make big recoil!! You have to admit, no recoil is very stupid. confused.gif

If you haven't tried this already give it a shot: Run the Credits cutscene at the end of CWC with 1.85....You can definitelly tell the patch has changed some things in the AI. Here's a few things I found.

-Once out of the three times I've played the cutscene....when the Russian tanks are going towards the mined part of the road...the first tank slows down to a crawl before getting to the mines...and the second tank explodes via script before they ever reach the mines.

-A few of the camera positions in the cutscene have changed, especially noticeable is the camera positions when the Spetz Natz and Machine gunner attack that Nato squad.

-Seems like the Spetz Natz and Machine Gunner always get killed now when they attack the Nato squad.

-The last part of the cutscene...the tank battle....3 times I've played this and noticed that while there is enemy armour the tanks seem to ignore enemy infantry...I didn't hear any Machine gun fire at all.....and maybe it's just me...but that battle looked cooler than before smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 14 2002,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The bike is also fun, as for the engine noise...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah... It sounds like an engine, and it smokes when destroyed... sad.gif

But what the hell, it's just a great patch smile.gif

I think I have a 1.85 bug to report, dunno if anyone else has said allready cos I didn't look =/ But, when I try to be a gunner in a tank I cannot turn my gun..I then got into the driver seat then back into the gun seat and I then could turn the gun... Strange.

Spencer,

I've had a problem similar to that, but then I realized that the driver's hatch was open. You need to 'Turn In' from the driver's position before the turret will move from the gunner's position.

Regards,

Keir

Just wondering....

Is there a 'new' castle on novogay island? Or is it just me?

Grid position Gg 41

I've never seen those ruins before, have you?

The hunting rifle is awesome, though the cocking lever and extraction port is on the wrong side (its a lefty rifle at the mo and there are no lefties in OFP), this is probably so it goes with the reload anims, the Ingram is way too slow and the noise is pretty poor too. Bike and mini are just funny!

Is it just me or do some of the sounds not play when firing weapons quickly?

I have a problem with the new patch, do you guys get an error whenever you type more than one thing in the ** box, forget what it is called but the game gives me an error saying that I need to use ) or something like that.

heres the code I am running

this dotarget man, this setcombatmode "blue"

When I do this the game wont take it. Worked fine in patch 1.75 but 1.85 screwed it a bit. You guys have troubles or suggestions?

I have noticed a few things.

- Sounds in full auto seem to chop in and out. (I noticed this with the steyr)

-dudes yelling when you shoot them at far distances.

-When ever I hit my watch or compass some far away background disappears. (ati 7500)

Great work!

sounds good to me, but I think BIS should have waited another week and ironed out all the bugs.

I've really got to wonder why the revolver trumped a Soviet HMG on the list of inmportant things to make. Kegetys already made three great ones! Same for the machine pistol, the one imported from SOF2 is good enough. Silenced Glock isn't as nice as the HK SOCOM, which means only one weapon (Bolt action) seems worth the effort. And come on, how many pilots carry revolvers?

Im sorry to say this but the tank handling has just gotten worse. many times when ai driver is ordered to move via mouse clicking or by the W key it drives too slow even on a strait surface with no slopes, the FAST order wont effect it, i tried driving myself and managed to drive the same surface in normal and fast speeds. the ai driver also get scared from every little shrub and make a crazy detour for every little plant, almost no trees or little shrubs are rammed and the wobbling left and right is still horrible.

im afraid to try RES tank missions now, plz fix it.

plus it seems that the game gets slower when in binoculars or sniper sights, sounds get distorted when using those sights.

i havnt noticed this FPS reduction and sound destortion in 1.75.

about the tanks, i know its not realistic but can BIS plz change tank control so when the player has an ai crew members he can still operate the tank all by himself as if he was the driver and gunner (like its done in the horrible BF:1942 ).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

desantnik:

heres the code I am running

this dotarget man, this setcombatmode "blue"

<span id='postcolor'>

dude, I think you seperate your commands with a semicolon ';' not a comma ',' as in your example. This will help that code of yours work smile.gif

Now, I don't understand why no one on this thread, or in the forum (I searched), has yet to ask, 'How do these new scripting functions work?' I saw this on the old dead thread, but unfortunetely no answer. There is no updated command reference. And, it takes a lot of time to trial and error through new functions, especially when you have no clue as to their context, parameters, or proper syntax. A brief explanation of the following functions and their use would be greatly appreciated. I hope the the only reason I haven't seen this question is because EVERYONE else but my dumb ass instinctively knows how to use these new functions and commands. If this is so please tell me anyway and I apologize for asking a foolish question smile.gif . Thank you.

1.82  - New: Scripting: Functions loadFile and preprocessFile added.

1.82  - New: Addons and scripting: Customizable event handlers for events: Killed, Hit, Dammaged, GetIn, GetOut, Init, Engine, Gear, Fuel, Fired, IncomingMissile.

1.82  - New: Scripting: New functions addEventHandler, removeEventHandler, removeAllEventHandlers.

1.82  - New: Scripting: Function "private" introduces local variable in the innermost scope.

1.82  - New: Scripting: Brackets { and } can be used to enclose string constants.

1.80  - Added: functions missionName, missionStart, playersNumber

I mean I can guess at some of these. Like maybe the preprocessFile works like the #include statement in c/c++ and maybe the add and remove event handlers...I'm thinking they might work like the message mapping in c/c++ but the error messages don't guide me in the right direction they just say expected something...or unknown operator... any help would be appreciated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...The Smith and Wesson was said to be powerful but its not!<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know about you, but the S&W my pilot carries seems to have a shitload of recoil

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kilerbee @ Oct. 15 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im sorry to say this but the tank handling has just gotten worse.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, ai driving seems to have gotten worse - I have a mp mission where a bmp is supposed to drive over the bridge connecting the two islands to the north of Nogova. When we played that mission - the bmp had problems getting on the bridge, then even fell off!!! Lucky bastard - bmps swim in ofp! wink.gif

Well, when we replayed the mission it worked, but this never happened before.

Mike, your right about the guns except that an Ingram is [somewhat] cooler than an Uzi, since it has an immense ROF, but the one in the patch fires about as fast as my uzi. pilots carry MP5K's (according to the BHD book, if not, than MP5's). The silenced glock is cool though.

im justa bit currious did they use kegs revolver from his smith and wesson pack looks identical to his? and what made them decide to make a bycycle and the mini? were they orignally gona be in resistance but just hadn't the time to get them into the game by the dead-line? or just a attempt to shut all of us whining babies up for a week or so? biggrin.gif

I don't think they used the SW from Kegetys pack. They sound thing I mentioned earlier is really getting annoying. Anyone have an idea what this is or how to fix it.