Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

Great patch

I like new sniper rifle and bike is cool to!

Have you guys tried setvelocity?

You can make flying vehicles and that kind of stuff. biggrin.gif

Thanks Bis!

I noticed the lag problems when dropping ammo.

I get in a jeep jammed pack with ammo, i drive the jeep up to the battle... get out... change my gun... and all the ammo spills out. Now each time someone loads up with new ammo and dumps a m16, the lag increases. (Mission with respawn) Finally the mission become unplayable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hoz @ Oct. 15 2002,16:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I get in a jeep jammed pack with ammo, i drive the jeep up to the battle... get out... change my gun... and all the ammo spills out. Now each time someone loads up with new ammo and dumps a m16, the lag increases. (Mission with respawn) Finally the mission become unplayable.<span id='postcolor'>

This problem has been around for a while. Bis added a maximum amount of ammo for a crate/vehicle. So if its overfilled as soon as you change weapon it all splills out. There are 2 fixes

1) Dont overfill the crates/trucks.

2) Use the script that picks up all  the spilt ammo and puts it back in the crate/truck.

The lag is increase due to all the extra objects OFP has to contend with.

Thanks for the patch BIS, you have excelled again, played for 6/7 hours last night with not one ghost on the dedicated server. Looking Forward to some missions coming from our map-team to utilise the Bike and the Mini, liked the Screams from the dying Enemy, the tracers seemed more noticable ... and at last the campfires are sync'ed in MP biggrin.gif

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

yes Skunk Monkey. However beside the 0-ping ghost bug, the overdose bug is the most annoying thing in OFP Multiplayer. This should have had top-priority...Another thing which is really pathetic as well, is that there are still no .paa images for the wargear menue. I mean, WTF? I can't imagine that they still don't know about this. It has been mentioned at least a hundred times from at least two dozen players. Green Smoke and Strela have no images, G3 and Fal have images swapped, AT-4 uses CarlGustav image, etc... I said to myself that if these things ain't in 1.85, the whole update, regardless of other fixes can be called a disastrous failure.

Another thing which really annoyed me is that with all the config changes to the sidearms, they still do not have real-life ammo specifications... A Beretta normally comes with 15 rounds and not 10 for example. Furthermore these sidearms should all have recoil and some decent inaccuracy over longer distances. In fact, all weapons should wobble around like when shot in the arm as long as you are standing with accuracy increasing when crouching or going prone...but well.

With all the "nice" new models the patch included, I have to say that even though I like all of them, I would have prefered to have NO additional models but the same amount of work worth of bugfixes instead.

I am a little disappointed, to say the least...sorry.

well believe it or not, it's exactly like that :/

like the patch! Tanks don't bounce anymore and the red bike is like the first bike I had when I was a child. red and with light at front LOL... but I had an accident when I try it at game biggrin.gif

table_14_10_2002_a_th.jpg  table_14_10_2002_b_th.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The English 1.85 wont work with the 1.75 Polish version.

<span id='postcolor'>

I meant the game, not the patch.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (vedder @ Oct. 15 2002,08:32)

Is it just me or does it seem to take alot more bullets to kil people? At least online. Especially with pistols I had to empty a whole mag into this guy while playing the new Pistols only map before he dropped.

if he dropped he was having connection problems which would explain all the bullets he took

<span id='postcolor'>

I really think he meant: before he droped to the ground, not before he droped from the server

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think me and my clanmates found a new bug.

If you connect to a dedicated server, and you vote yourself as an admin (or login via pw) and you want to change the maps (#missions) there are no maps visible. there are just the islands but no maps visible. so its impossible to change a map.

thats a hard bug. please fix it as fast as you can.

Thank you!

MyersTheShape[AFS]

<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem on a friends server, I havent been admin on any other server yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But still its good to have progress even if its for the worse in some aspects.. I hope BIS hasn't made this the last patch for OFP as it will kill it and proably kill OFP2 when it comes as well. I think BIS need to fix these problems ASAP even if they gotta release 100 patches from now tell OFP2 <span id='postcolor'>

I really dont think it would kill OFP and Im 100% sure it wouldnt keep people from buying OFP 2 since there would be people buying OFP 2 that havent played OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thanks for nothing patch makers!!!!

can't even fix a simple tank problem (driver and gunner don't respond when i'm commander so I have to drive which is gay), you go out of your way to add new weapons and vehicles but no campaign fixes.

What a load of bull to have to use 1.46 to complete Red Hammer mission #6. The game is still hard to play because these haven't been fixed so thats the end of playing this rubbish unless a fix comes out soon. Also, when you install the 1.85 patch, you have to have the Res cd in the drive but it doesn't say to like the other patches, so all inexperienced people will just say it won't work and post about it. You really messed up big time here!!!

<span id='postcolor'>

I think most people disagree, including myself.

Try to focus on the positive things and not just on the only thing that you dont think has been fixed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. No CD needs to be in the CD-R! I patched ALL our servers without any CD in the Drive! I patched my Home-OFP-Client with a Battlefield1942 and a UT2003-CD in both drives!

<span id='postcolor'>

Those CDs shouldnt be in anyones CD-ROM  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great patch

I like new sniper rifle and bike is cool to!

Have you guys tried setvelocity?

You can make flying vehicles and that kind of stuff.  

Thanks Bis! <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone tried SetVelocity yet?  

Make a trigger activated by radio alpha.

In the On Activation field:

Code Sample  

p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50];p=Random 20;An="Jeep" camcreate [getpos Player select 0,getpos Player select 1,5];An setvelocity [(1000)+p,(1)+p*5,50]

Now thats a sight you dont see every day  

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">0-->Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 14 2002,200)

Anyone tried SetVelocity yet?  

Make a trigger activated by radio alpha.

In the On Activation field:

LMAO!    

That's friggin' excellent!

It's raining Jeeps, Hallelujah!

Edited by Spitfire on Oct. 14 2002,20wow.gif6<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

I´ve been woundering for a while...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shadow

OFP-freak

Group: Moderator

<span id='postcolor'>

Whats wrong with Ur posts amount?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Oct. 15 2002,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the red bike is like the first bike I had when I was a child.<span id='postcolor'>

cool, see, BIS even cares about our childhoods smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 15 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I´ve been woundering for a while...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shadow

OFP-freak

Group: Moderator

<span id='postcolor'>

Whats wrong with Ur posts amount?<span id='postcolor'>

Some people just want to be different.

I did notice some bad lag on MP missions, and some old mp missions are messed up now (triggers being ativated prematurely, triggers not activating at all) even tho they worked perfectly 2 days ago. I still have to see tonight if AI pilots do land choppers normaly now.

-=Die Alive=-

I like that tanks don’t bounce anymore and that their breaks are much better but I have one problem with them now that I cant remember I had before. I’m not sure it has to do with the new patch but almost every time a tank(well only tried the M1A1) tries to go over the bridge the front of the tank sinks through the bridge and the tank get stuck. confused.gif

Are they going to come out with a new patch to correct the 1.85 patch?

another thing, correct me if im wrong, but it seems that HE shells r gone from choppers and tanks in MP. i dont c the RELOAD HE in the command menu.

smile.gif Good because 1.85 probably created as many bugs as it fixed. On a more positive note I noticed that the gun on the vulcan spins.

et,jpg.jpg

biggrin.gif

Hi All,

First, i wanna say Great Patch BIS!

Second, i would like to know why you did not include more Coop Missions?to me Flashpoint is all about teamwork! so i have a suggestion either for the next patch or as a map pack please release more coop missions and maybe another piece of farm Equipment{the Tractor is my favorite vehical!}Thank you for your time please consider these suggestions! thanks.

Great Game!!! tounge.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok, nice patch, only bad thing I have to say bout it, is the increased lag and the HUGE desync problems.  Unfortunatly (due to desync havin a way of affectin me lot more than most ppl - tho I have 512Kb connection) I will be downgradin to 1.75 till this problem is fixed  sad.gif  so pls BIS hurry  smile.gif

Oh 1 more thing, nice pic edc

IMAO

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Oct. 15 2002,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With all the "nice" new models the patch included, I have to say that even though I like all of them, I would have prefered to have NO additional models but the same amount of work worth of bugfixes instead.

I am a little disappointed, to say the least...sorry.<span id='postcolor'>

Modellers make models. Programmers make game fixes. Modellers don't make game fixes and that is why they have the time to sit around and make models and not make game fixes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Oct. 15 2002,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With all the "nice" new models the patch included, I have to say that even though I like all of them, I would have prefered to have NO additional models but the same amount of work worth of bugfixes instead.<span id='postcolor'>

Its normally not the same guys who makes new models and who fix bugs.

There are two kinds of developers (in any quality product):

Content creators & Application developers

And 1 more thing, dont have to high expectations on how many bugs get fixed. I bet not many of BIS hours are dedicated to OPF maintance, since it doesn't bring in much money.

Just have patience and help BIS prioritize the bugs. Realize that you will never get em all solved.

And yes, I am a developer myself of a very similar product.

I know how it works.

I agree with LT.Schaffer.  90% of the multiplayer missions made by BIS are either CTF or deathmatch which get repetitive and boring after about 2 minutes.  CO-OP is just too much fun over RW with real people that are striving for team play.  The original 2_5_COOP hostage rescue from Entre Deux is still my all time favorite mission.  Simple, no hordes of vehicles to use, just down to earth Infantry mission.  I wish there were more like that.  I still play it on multiplayer whenever I'm on.

Strela/AT4 pictures and small recoil on handguns in my opinion isn't such a big issue, though I will suggest (yet again) that they give us an option in Veteran mode to disable helicopters following terrain in height.  Ever tried landing a Black Hawk on the summit of that volcano mountain on Kolgujev ?  You'll understand why it would not only be more realistic to let us disable choppers following terrain height but also a lot less of a headache.

In conclusion, I have yet to see a game developer so dedicated to improving their game and keeping in close touch with their audience as BIS has.  If there was a world-wide survey for the most appreciated game developer, BIS would get my vote without any sense of doubt.  Great Job !

Dont think i should start a new thread or anything for this but I've noticed flying an airplane havent tried choppers out in the sea on nagova that they become invisible :-(

just figured i'd tell you guys

-BlackDeath

I was playing online last night on two high performance servers (Marik's and Karrillion's) and I was seeing things that I hadn't seen since v 1.20- real bad warping, a bug where you could, for example, see a tanks dust trail and wake of destruction, but you couldn't actually see the tank. This usually happened in the first 5 minutes, and sometimes would be solved by me dying and respawning, but then again sometimes it wouldn't. These were under what would be considered moderate server loads, with only 16-18 people on servers that could handle 30.

I must say that I am dissapointed by this performance, considering the time taken to create the patch and also in light of all the other things you put in that were very good, but kind of superfluous (a bike?! ). I appreciate the fact that you got rid of the ghosting bug etc, but I can't imagine what you did to actually hurt performance. This is bad news for those of us in the community that enjoy playing OFP at it's best, with upwards of 16 people playing at a time. Please do something about it, maybe a quick patch once you isolate the problems.

Just two minor points:

I was hoping this patch would fix the magazine count on the Beretta 92 to 15, after the public outcry it caused (it seems to be a lot of peoples favourite pistol)

Also, some new stuff for east would have been most welcome. Instead of a bicycle and mini, something like a BTR-80 or armed version of the BRDM would have been better.

On the positive side, it seems we can now have spinning animations on turreted weapons, such as the Vulcan and AH-1 smile.gif