Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

I think they should also change the ingram model, its one of my favorite smg's, I really want to see it done well.  confused.gif

This is the real MAC10:

mac10.jpg

or:

mac10_1.jpg

As from world.guns.ru:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Data for MAC M10

Caliber .45ACP, 9x19mm Luger/Para (.380ACP a.k.a. 9x17mm Short for M-11)

Weight 2,84 kg (1.59 kg M-11)

Lenght 269 mm (548 mm with open stock) (248/460 mm for M11)

Rate of fire 1100 rounds per minute (1600 rpm for MAC-11 in .380)

Magazine capacity 30 , 32 rounds

Effective range 25 meters

<span id='postcolor'>

I read somewhere else MAC10 can empty 30rd mag in 2 seconds and MAc11 can empty it in 1.2. It is far too small as BIS made it, and it soudns like the M16 from GTA3. (the "rrrrrr" sound.) Also, The A-Team has a realistic sound of a MAc10, same as GTa3's M16 sound. The recoil is also somewhat high.

To BIS: Please fix the sounds. Just PLEASE!! I cant bear with the sounds!  sad.gif

Also, the MAC10 doesnt have that grainy texture on the back of it. Please add the stock on top of it too.

im d/ling the patch now but does anybody know if it fixes the no guba problem i posted in trouble shooting a while ago?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(edited by Shadow: now, calm down Tysiek)

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it's not easy to calm down when whole world is having fun playing OFP:R in 1.85, and we here in Poland heve to stick to previous version.

Unfortunately it happens whenever a new OFP patch or is released.

sad.gif

And we don't who is responsible for this situation, BIS or our Polish publisher - CENEGA.

1.85 wouldnt be published, just for downlaod. Therefore it is BIS responsible becuase they have to translate or sometihng liek that.

have you noticed that the bolt action lever of the hunting rifle is on the wrong side?? it looks like a lefthander rifle.

well fellas ya gotta keep in mind that bis's profession is game developement, they arn't going to be gun experts, so they arn't always gona have realistic sounds FX, correct positions on on the bolt action lever, or the non grainy texture on the mac 10

It wasnt fellas, it was just me.  tounge.gif I guess I will just import my own MAC10 and 11's from CS or something else.  confused.gif

Do you like the soudns though, Red Oct? I doubt anyone does, and thats one area for improvement.  tounge.gif  mad.gif

Yeah, the lever is on the wrong side and the shells eject out of the left too...

Well, I guess it's true that the Polish patch needs more work than a regular EU/US one, and it's just a first day of release after all.

So, we'll just have to wait for some time, but, please, BIS don't make us waiting too long wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 14 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It wasnt fellas, it was just me.  tounge.gif I guess I will just import my own MAC10 and 11's from CS or something else.  confused.gif

Do you like the soudns though, Red Oct? I doubt anyone does, and thats one area for improvement.  tounge.gif  mad.gif

Yeah, the lever is on the wrong side and the shells eject out of the left too...<span id='postcolor'>

i duno yet it will still be a few mins before i know whether i like'em or not still have 99% to go on d/l personally i like hollywood FX much better than the real sounds of fire arms example: the AK FX in Navy Seals, FX in Die Hard (especially the when he droped the C-4 down the elevator shaft) and the sound the desert eagles the agents carried in Matrix.

Is it just me or do people whine too much about very unimportant tings?

Find the good stuff and post about that istead, like how damn funny it looks when Ur riding a bike biggrin.gif

Finally FlyInHeight works with planes too! smile.gif AI can make cool low flying airstrikes, doesn't give much time for the AA guys to react wink.gif Also, C130 paradropping soldiers from 1000 meters looked pretty nice.

*Disappears to experiment more*

I think Global Ops has the most realistic gun sounds except for their m4, g11, glock, beretta, and silenced mp5. The AK sound they have is the true sound ive seen a video of the shootout in the Los Angeles bank where the 2 guys had AK47s, sounded EXACTLY like in Global ops, my dad also served in Polsih army, he says its the same too. Global ops is a crappy game though, I have all the sounds in it on a cd, in case I need to replace them in a game.  wink.gif

I did post the good stuff, but feedback is more important then compliments since the next patch will rock even more! (If the devs listen)

LOL, the bike looks so funny how the seat is so high from the frame, and the guys head goes back and forth!! Love riding it though. Reminds me of the tricycle chase in NOLF2. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 14 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Find the good stuff and post about that istead, like how damn funny it looks when Ur riding a bike  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the second thing i did in 1.85 (after testing the resistance sniper on some russian squads biggrin.gif ) was playing the good old "blast the paperboy off the bike" game. tounge.gif

i really like the new stuff. it's very sad that there are so few new toys in 1.85 sad.gif i don't care much about the bolt action lever and the sounds of the pistols. I'm glad that the resistance has finaly got a sniper!

Im not sure about the revolver. it doesnt't look like a militairy revolver. the only US army revolvers i found on the net look different.

38spec.jpg

Revolver, Cal. .38, Smith & Wesson model 10, 2-inch Barrel

sagosw38.jpg

from fas.org:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Commercial cal. .38 Special six-round revolvers that were purchased for use by air crews...<span id='postcolor'>

i think the last gun would fit better to the pilot confused.gif

i'm not complaining, it's just some constructive criticism. wink.gif

It's not fair. The first patch is everytime first for EU/US. What about PL and Czech ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Oct. 14 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would have liked to see something like an auto-change to 3rd person for a split second and then back to first person every time you enter a vehicle to minimize the via+sblive bug. This would have not been noticeable by the eye, but would have most likely helped to partly get rid of that sound disturbance. I have tried everything now, from mainboard bios updates to the latest 4in1 via chipset drivers, but still that sound crackling is there. The only thing I fear which I have to hope for is some partly fix from BIS. *sigh*<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, Suma, would it be possible to implement a variable (lets say: -fixsound) which could be added as a command line parameter when starting OFP, which does automatically change from firstperson to thirdperson and back within a splitsecond, so that the soundsystem changes slightly like it does right now and therby reduces the sound crackling?

Of course this view should also change even when 3rd person is disabled by the server. This would be the only possiblity for people with the same soundbug like me, to work around this.

Help is very appreciated, BIS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not fair. The first patch is everytime first for EU/US. What about PL and Czech ? <span id='postcolor'>

Why dont U get the english verison?

Ofcourse the EU/US version will be released first because theyre the ones who most people play (Im just guessing here wink.gif )

Just played a quick mp game, dunno if this was something specific for this game but me and 3 others were in 2 abrams.

I was gunner in the 1st one, my driver was driving on a plane surface (airport runway) and when i pressed V "weapon view" to aim... The sights were going up and down very fast, and for some reason the sight was being dragged down into the ground. This happened to all the peeps that tried being gunner. I shall do some more research on the subject though.

Now, this didn't happen in 1.75, played it as early as yesterday. No connection problems either, got a 512/512 ADSL and the guy who hosted had the same.

Was a tad annoying, seeing how two abrams got their arsed kicked by two bmp1's. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exodist @ Oct. 14 2002,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shit....

TO BIS !!!!<span id='postcolor'>

shut up! if you've got a problem with the game i'm sure you can express that in a slightly nicer way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jo Man Dragon @ Oct. 14 2002,12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Exodist @ Oct. 14 2002,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shit....

TO BIS !!!!<span id='postcolor'>

shut up! if you've got a problem with the game i'm sure you can express that in a slightly nicer way.<span id='postcolor'>

The same could be said about your chastising of Exodist.

yes. please repect each other. Exodist did go a bit far, but that doesn't mean we can reply with same manners.

please keep the topic rolling, and not go offtopic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 14 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes. please repect each other. Exodist did go a bit far, but that doesn't mean we can reply with same manners.

please keep the topic rolling, and not go offtopic.<span id='postcolor'>

That better ? smile.gif

Yahooooo! Great patch. Just downloaded the patch. My first little experience was with a resistance sniper on a bike tounge.gif

The hunter rifle is cool. An the ride on the bike... Perfect. But why has the bike a motor? smile.gif I have the option to turn it on or off via the menu...

At least it seems not to smoke if it gets damaged, but it goes slower and makes some strange noise which I never heared from my good old bike wow.gif

By the way, who is the first who does a stunt over the ramp with the bike? biggrin.gif

Great patch. Love the Resistance sniper. Good old fashined bolt action smile.gif. The bike is also fun, as for the engine noise...it dosen't sound much unlike the sound a bike chain makes, so it's bearable. The Mini - man, that's a fast compact little bugger smile.gif. I seem to have quite a problem with overcompensating when I steer with that car.