I'm afraid they are intended ( at least some ). To represent that the UCP is still present in some non line-infantry units :)

But all can change in the future, specially if OCP ends being 100% standard.

Surely it would be better just to split it from desert and woodland to post-2015 (considering OCP, or rather scorpion is being standardized this year) and pre-2015 with UCP and have woodland and desert groups within those

Surely it would be better just to split it from desert and woodland to post-2015 (considering OCP, or rather scorpion is being standardized this year) and pre-2015 with UCP and have woodland and desert groups within those

Yeah, it's something we have to talk to see what exact period we want to represent and to which degree. Tho UCP is still used quite widely in the US Army ( for example in this event of last week ).

made a little addon that enables the full use of the Insurgents Faction in ALiVE

without that addon ALiVE will spawn only infantry and no vehicles

download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1M2xvWVh3Um1vNUE/view?usp=sharing

you need RHS Escalation for this addon!

ps: towards RHS Developers feel free to add this code in a future patch

to users downloaded the file already

update 03.02.2015 - rewritten @RHS_ALiVE_Insurgents addon from scratch

download it again !

Edited by maquez
update 03.02.2015

ps: towards RHS Developers feel free to add this code in a future patch

Awesome work maquez, we appreciate it :)

Is it possible in the future patch to change the language of the insurgents?

I commented it a few pages ago, but as today the insurgent faction is extra-official. So it is not an integral part of the mod, just an extra for the CTI mission. So unfortunately, at this moment there are no plans to improve it.

Edited by MistyRonin

like them how they are

they look fantastic :p special the tanks

will soon release a mission using them

Sorry, missed the post. That's really bad! They are really useful, even if not official! Keep up the good work and thanks for reply to me even if you've already posted it

- Add AGM Javelin TopDown mode (AGM)
AWESOME!!!!!! I've been wanting this since Arma 2 first launched!!! You guys are in an "elite" modding category now!!!!

I really don't want to sound like a idiot here but a long time ago, the US Pack had to be used with the Russian pack. They originally stated this was going to be fixed in a later update. Has this been addressed? Can we use it separately?

Yeah, it's something we have to talk to see what exact period we want to represent and to which degree. Tho UCP is still used quite widely in the US Army ( for example in this event of last week ).

Couldn't you represent the periods of 2000 up to present? You have most of the equipment already (For the Russians at least) they just lack the units and groups in game (Like MSV 2014, or VDV 2000 etc)

Can we use it separately?

As today no, you can't. But it will be eventually fixed in the future.

How can I change the text on the barrel of the M1A2 tank? I tried to look on the official wiki but no such page exists on how to change the text like the Russian Armed Forces page has. Can anyone tell me how to change it?

I have several questions. Sorry if I sound curt, but the latest session in A3 just frayed my temper because of all the bugs, "features" and other crap of the game that either should've been fixed in the last 17 months or shouldn't have appeared in the game, period.

Anyway:

- is weapon leaning incorporated into this mod? If so, how do I use it?

- I know I read in this thread about this mod having it's own hotkey shortcuts (there was also talk about them tied to CBA?). I searched the website, but found nothing. What are these shortcuts and how do I program them?

- I think I read something about being able to change the color of the Kobra targeting retticles without switching to another Kobra version. Did I misunderstand something? If no, how do I do that? Something about "Shift+/"?

- same about changing camo in arsenal for uniforms etc. without switching to a different article of clothing/equipment. Did I misunderstand something?

- will there ever be desert versions of uniforms?

Great mod, guys!

RHS is actually the ONLY and LAST thing that's keeping me from just throwing this piece of turd that is A3 into the garbage and forgetting about it. How sad that I can't do even that anymore, what with games no longer coming on CD/DVD. When they did you at least had some satisfaction from taking your anger out on that medium if the game pissed you off enough.

Now even that, together with the second-hand market (that was destroyed by Steam and greedy publishers), has been taken away from us. Steam is Satan. :(

Anyway, thanks for your hard work!

PS: does anybody know if Russian uniforms are ripstop? ;-)

I have several questions. Sorry if I sound curt, but the latest session in A3 just frayed my temper because of all the bugs, "features" and other crap of the game that either should've been fixed in the last 17 months or shouldn't have appeared in the game, period.

Anyway:

- is weapon leaning incorporated into this mod? If so, how do I use it?

- I know I read in this thread about this mod having it's own hotkey shortcuts (there was also talk about them tied to CBA?). I searched the website, but found nothing. What are these shortcuts and how do I program them?

- I think I read something about being able to change the color of the Kobra targeting retticles without switching to another Kobra version. Did I misunderstand something? If no, how do I do that? Something about "Shift+/"?

- same about changing camo in arsenal for uniforms etc. without switching to a different article of clothing/equipment. Did I misunderstand something?

- will there ever be desert versions of uniforms?

Great mod, guys!

RHS is actually the ONLY and LAST thing that's keeping me from just throwing this piece of turd that is A3 into the garbage and forgetting about it. How sad that I can't do even that anymore, what with games no longer coming on CD/DVD. When they did you at least had some satisfaction from taking your anger out on that medium if the game pissed you off enough.

Now even that, together with the second-hand market (that was destroyed by Steam and greedy publishers), has been taken away from us. Steam is Satan. :(

Anyway, thanks for your hard work!

PS: does anybody know if Russian uniforms are ripstop? ;-)

- leaning works just like with all other mods, its an a3 thing

- you cant change color of kobra in real life, but you can change between 4 different reticles with num/ or whatever your alternate sight button is.

- changing camos is technically possible with scripts but in arsenal you have to use alternative article of clothing.

- russians dont have standard army issue desert camo. But we will have some more camos in the future. USA has ocp and ucp which in fill the roles of woodland and desert standard ossue patterns.

And yes russians use ripstop although we havnt figured out how to simulate this ingame :)

Nah, it's a little bastard that lives near the PTT button that controls the squelch.

If you look at the diagram here it's part of the 1) complex.

Anyway, we used to call it the ambush button because you would always accidentally toggle it when trying to take it out of the pouch, usually (with a nod to Murphy) when using it sans headset as SIG during an ambush. Nothing like a blast of static to ruin the serenity!

Ahhhh got you man haha. I'm used to working with the 152 but on a different platform as that, mine is usually mounted in a 110 hah.

Where did the gloves go? i loved the texture, and i bet alot of others liked them too. Is it coming back? I would be glad if it did!

Is the Insurgents faction likely to be expanded?

I'd love to see a coherent, all-in-one, RHS-compatible collection of 'Independent' opponents to use in conjunction with AFRF and USAF. The East Statics/Tanks ports by Reyhard would be a great basis if combined with the Insurgent units now added to RHS. Obviously there are already a number of very decent options out there but none to my mind ticks all the boxes in terms of compatibility and dependencies, some depend on CUP rather than RHS for small arms, some don't utilize the RDS Soviet-era equipment. What I'm suggesting can be achieved by mixing and matching what's available already but not without ending up with a ton of superfluous/duplicated classes in your arsenal and uncertain compatibility.

I know you're busy and I wouldn't have raised this here if it didn't appear that you're making some additions along these lines already. If it's a matter of labour this is something I'd be very happy to invest some time in. I've previously suggested elsewhere that such a package might be dubbed RDS:Insurrection which would setup the association with RHS:Escalation without necessarily suggesting that it's all executed to the visual level expected of RHS.

Edited by Defunkt
Grammar

Couldn't you represent the periods of 2000 up to present? You have most of the equipment already (For the Russians at least) they just lack the units and groups in game (Like MSV 2014, or VDV 2000 etc)

I add to this questions / suggestions. I'm also enthusiast of little older type of Russian weapons and uniforms. In my opinion in this fantastic mod, lacks representatives of MVD RF for example in Gorkas R or in Partizans "ss-summer". Are you going to release, the unit which will represent the MVD?

Where did the gloves go? i loved the texture, and i bet alot of others liked them too. Is it coming back? I would be glad if it did!

New and beautiful gloves are in progress for RHS, from Cunico (along with other things):

http://www.cunico.us/?p=259

Thanks for the reply!

- leaning works just like with all other mods, its an a3 thing

Not really sure what you're saying. Under leaning I meant supporting weapon for better accuracy/less sway. AGM and ACE2 for example have you press keys to support your weapon on various surfaces, from ground and walls to edges of buildings to eliminate sway and recoil, even if you're standing, especially if you have bipods. Like I said, in some posts of this thread I read that this in incorporated into RHS, thus AGM is not needed. Which keys do I have to click to support a weapon, for example on a wall?

leaning != resting

resting is not implemented in rhs. we are all hoping for bi upcoming dlc to come with a proper unscripted solution