Yeah....DragonFyre could certainly be the issue. I've had issues with weapon sounds in the past but I stopped using that performance strangling mod a long time ago. I would just hear the sonic cracks. Didn't you say you were NOT running anything else, but the RHS mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in theory it should be possible...

Can you guys please try to do it :) it would be so nice to have realistic nvg`s look :)

Can you guys please try to do it :) it would be so nice to have realistic nvg`s look :)

I actually dont think it is possible outside some PiP hack which would be detrimental for people with low settings. Also, someone can correct me if wrong here, but I would think that the non-NVG eye would be closed in order to focus vision through the monocle: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/an-pvs-14.jpg

Keeping the other eye open isn't a problem if you're working in darkness. The headaches come after wearing the goddamn thing for hours on end... not to mention the harness if you aren't rolling with a helmet...

• Like 1

OK as i play WITHOUT any SOUND mod, i need to add my 2 cents ;
No issueas at all, i update all mods manually, dont use PWS (Play With Six), Steam Workshop or any other updaters. Allways use the newest .bikey files. I have muzzle flash, all sound are played properly (correct). My advice (not really mine, i readed it on facebook RHS and tryed it) Is to reinstall system, game and re-download mods. It gives me stable 25 fps. I know it may sound strange, but every time we install some game, it installs some redist.,,,, which means third party software, additional drivers etc. Steam is installing other software and sometimes do it quiet (it installed physX on my AMD GPU!). If you dont want to reinstall system, delete all unnesesery windows updates, all trash from reinstall list, update your drivers, clean up your hdd (specialy windows udpates - it gain 10GB for me) - now i finally can play with normal framerate and i just dont believe what i see. I works on the same battles when before reinstall i had 10 FPS. If you will not reinstall system try at least reinstall arma. I dont know what actually helped me so much but maybe (JUST MAYBE) its fault of switching to dev branch, RC, then stable. Game engine was half-optimalised in 1.52 so i decided to reinstall all i can after this pdate and it helped. Sorry as i gived additional guide for FPS here, but it will be great if this would help someone. For me it works like a charm.

OK as i play WITHOUT any SOUND mod, i need to add my 2 cents

Would you mind filling a report in our public feedback tracker, filling all the fields so we can have information enough to investigate the issue. :)

Would you mind filling a report in our public feedback tracker, filling all the fields so we can have information enough to investigate the issue. :)

I think he is saying that he has no problems.

• Like 1

So if I reformat my desktop....yeah, no.

Fine, it wouldn't help your problem anyway, but please just stop bleating in here. You've got a mod conflict or a mismatch between your modset and that of the server(s) or other players on the server(s). Only you can sort this out.

• Like 2

It's not a conflict.  I've tried using JUST RHS and nothing else.

And are you sure all the other players on the server are using RHS and nothing else? It sounds like a server where a wide range of mods might be permitted or even a free-for-all.

Also, if you want people to take your request for help seriously you need to be analytical about narrowing down possible causes. Don't say it happens with only RHS and then follow that up by posting an RPT file which shows you're running a whole lot of other mods. One discounts the other.

• Like 3

as alex has explained, while it should be possible via some PIP hack, not sure if it's worth the trouble (besides the obvious different look of it) due to the fact that the monitor represents the view from both eyes of ona person.

It's not a conflict.  I've tried using JUST RHS and nothing else.

i have said it before, i will say it once more, just for you:

1. the issue is on your side:

a. either mismatch version between client and server

b. improper installation of the RHS addons

c. some sort of conflict with another mod

2. when you report a bug, use feedback tracker. When you do that, use nothing else but RHS (i always stop reading RPT after the mod launch string), and attach a proper RPT for that and do some testing on yourself (locally and with a server initiated from the same machine).

In short, it is NOT a RHS bug. If you want anyone to help out and take your seriously, do the above. Otherwise refrain from posting in this particular thread

Posting it on feedback wouldn't even do anything. It has been posted, investigated and found that when the mod is properly installed, all other mods are synced and fine, game is synced and fine we could not reproduce the problem. We cannot fix something we cannot reproduce.

as alex has explained, while it should be possible via some PIP hack, not sure if it's worth the trouble (besides the obvious different look of it) due to the fact that the monitor represents the view from both eyes of ona person.

PiP hacks carry inherent PIP bugs with them, such as leaning.

Show us the RPT where you are JUST running RHS and get the sounds bug... I think that's what the guys are saying :-)

We repeatedly had this problem back ages ago on our server when mixing mods UNTIL we implemented A lock down on the server to ENSURE all players were using the right mods. If the server you play on hasn't done this.. using verifySignatures = 2; on the Server.cgf.

Find a different server. Trust me

SJ

I have a problem with PTS-M amphibious vehicle. Long story short, it's not amphibious. :) It sinks when driving into water, which means it isn't very useful for its intended purpose. I'm on devbrach, BTW.

Also, BMP-2 (only tested that one) can't be steered while in water. Is that the intended (and realistic) behavior? It also seems to only reach 2km/h in water, while the real thing can make 7 (at least according to Wikipedia).

Overall, I'm loving this mod. Especially the nuke. :) So many detailed stuff in here. I might write a mission using both Russian and American packs someday.

I have a problem with PTS-M amphibious vehicle. Long story short, it's not amphibious. :) It sinks when driving into water, which means it isn't very useful for its intended purpose. I'm on devbrach, BTW.

Also, BMP-2 (only tested that one) can't be steered while in water. Is that the intended (and realistic) behavior? It also seems to only reach 2km/h in water, while the real thing can make 7 (at least according to Wikipedia).

Overall, I'm loving this mod. Especially the nuke. :) So many detailed stuff in here. I might write a mission using both Russian and American packs someday.

It´s a limitation of Arma 3. Right now you can´t make tracked vehicles amphibious. BI will most likely change it with the Tanoa update.

I gues you are aware of "TF47 Launchers" mod, autor did even additional .pbo to make it work with your mod. From what I can see this additional file don`t work too good, so it makes this launchers weak and useless aginst your tanks. But this mod has few nice ideas, like "->launcher needs to be prepared (press 'reload'-button)" for M136 and there is nice animation of this. Another thing is ironsight in his M136 and yours, his ironsight have this small cover part moved so you can see more and this could be usefull in your launchers too (since now it is hard to aim on more than 100m). Also he have "M3 MAAWS" and "MK153 Mod 0 SMAW". For SMAW he also added "->Spotting Rifle for increased hit-Chance" and it is very usefull.

So for me his ideas fit what you are aiming to do with RHS (I may be wrong here but you said you aim for high quality), any plans to improve your launchers to similar standart or maybe contact autor to use or integrate his mod into RHS?

I gues you are aware of "TF47 Launchers" mod, autor did even additional .pbo to make it work with your mod. From what I can see this additional file don`t work too good, so it makes this launchers weak and useless aginst your tanks. But this mod has few nice ideas, like "->launcher needs to be prepared (press 'reload'-button)" for M136 and there is nice animation of this. Another thing is ironsight in his M136 and yours, his ironsight have this small cover part moved so you can see more and this could be usefull in your launchers too (since now it is hard to aim on more than 100m). Also he have "M3 MAAWS" and "MK153 Mod 0 SMAW". For SMAW he also added "->Spotting Rifle for increased hit-Chance" and it is very usefull.

So for me his ideas fit what you are aiming to do with RHS (I may be wrong here but you said you aim for high quality), any plans to improve your launchers to similar standart or maybe contact autor to use or integrate his mod into RHS?

The M136 moving sight flap ve have since 0.3.5

The M136 moving sight flap ve have since 0.3.5

Is ther special key for this, normal "alternative sight" Ctlr + RMB don`t work. And have about rest?

Is ther special key for this, normal "alternative sight" Ctlr + RMB don`t work. And have about rest?

Num / or Num * I dont remember. I think / on the Numpad.

Num / or Num * I dont remember. I think / on the Numpad.

Ow you can`t change it when you aim by ironsight. You need to hold it but not aim.

any plans to improve your launchers to similar standart or maybe contact autor to use or integrate his mod into RHS?

We have been in contact with the author of that mod for weeks  ;)

question about e.g. T-72 1989. is the sight already as it should be? very hard to hit even when the range is known. For e.g. 1100m with AP the sight must be lined in @ 7,5, with HEAT @ 11, with HE-FRAG @ 11,5 and so on. So every ammotype has its own ranges but i cant know what it is. Or im too stupid to calculate 3 ammotypes with 1 sight/number table? :P

And for the commander, the distance sight is different to the gunners?

Btw. it would be cool if all the sights gets explained in the wiki one day (inf/tank/arty/helo....) ;)

question about e.g. T-72 1989. is the sight already as it should be? very hard to hit even when the range is known. For e.g. 1100m with AP the sight must be lined in @ 7,5, with HEAT @ 11, with HE-FRAG @ 11,5 and so on. So every ammotype has its own ranges but i cant know what it is. Or im too stupid to calculate 3 ammotypes with 1 sight/number table? :P

And for the commander, the distance sight is different to the gunners?

Btw. it would be cool if all the sights gets explained in the wiki one day ;)

Eh? Just load the type and press T and the FCS will make the adjustment for you.