Hey halkes i've been getting this error lately: 

PfmRoKCH.jpg

Hey halkes i've been getting this error lately: 

PfmRoKCH.jpg

You might need to update the Ambiant AI module in your mission : try to remove it and place a new one.

I can't get the launcher sub mod config to work. But then I've made so many changes to ArmA and have so much stuff installed that I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

If someone else is able to use that function, I'd really appreciate it if you could add something to the wiki.

Did you leave the folder structure as it was?

In "@ravage/optionals" you should have an Addons folder (wich contains rvg_apex) and a mod.cpp file. Having those should be enough to make Ravage Apex available in the mod lists.

Also does anyone know how to make randomly generated missions? I dont want anything really advanced just something to add to it temporarily cause I love this mod, but doing the same exact thing (spawn, loot buildings, killing zombies, killing AI...) it tends to get kinda boring after a while. Or is there a mod that adds in something I cant use in the editor and I can make my own ravage file in the editor with that stuff to make my own missions or something? If that makes any sense....

but doing the same exact thing (spawn, loot buildings, killing zombies, killing AI...) it tends to get kinda boring after a while.

You seem to be missing the point, it's not just about spawn, loot buildings, killing zombies & ai, it's about survival. Can you survive the night, can you survive one night, two nights, three nights and so on. If it's boring you're in the wrong thread. 

Personally i love it, as each update comes flying out of Haleks's whatever it get's more and more addictive. Just ended another mission by having to throw in the towel as night fell and I was in a military complex, wiped out the baddies with some really cool firefights, but because it was pitch black and had no means of light, no sleeping bag etc and a bad guy outside the complex and probably zombies, that was it. I Facking loved it. Certainly not boring, each to their own i guess.

So Haleks, really loving how this is progressing. I haven't been playing ArmA3 lately but jeez, RAVAGE has got me hooked. 10/10 ;)  

• Like 2

I can't get the launcher sub mod config to work. But then I've made so many changes to ArmA and have so much stuff installed that I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

If someone else is able to use that function, I'd really appreciate it if you could add something to the wiki.

Have you updated to v138?

Did you leave the folder structure as it was?

In "@ravage/optionals" you should have an Addons folder (wich contains rvg_apex) and a mod.cpp file. Having those should be enough to make Ravage Apex available in the mod lists.

The file structure for v138 works as intended for me :)

However I found if you remove the rvg_apex pbo's from the "optionals" folder and place them in the main "addons" folder (as was the way for v137) Ravage Apex won't show up in the mod list.   

The file structure for v138 works as intended for me :)

However I found if you remove the rvg_apex pbo's from the "optionals" folder and place them in the main "addons" folder (as was the way for v137) Ravage Apex won't show up in the mod list.   

It should nonetheless be active as part of the Ravage mod, it just doesn't appear as a separate addon/sub-mod anymore. ;)

It should nonetheless be active as part of the Ravage mod, it just doesn't appear as a separate addon/sub-mod anymore. ;)

Of course yes, but I was pointing out that if folks were still moving the apex pbo's as per v137, then Ravage Apex won't show up in the launcher, I was thinking that could have accounted for kodabar's issue. :) 

@rolandrhaine   MCC has a built in mission generator, but i wouldn't recommend trying that while your in a Ravage mission, unless your PC was custom built at NASA HQ.  :P

I know that this has been brought up previously, I just wanted to reinforce my support of it: I'm hoping that a future release will include a way to manually select which weapons/ammo to include in the loot pool.

I like the idea of there being a wide variety of guns out there in the world, and I would even like to tailor the list a bit to make it feel more "authentic" (more hunting rifles/shotguns, less military equipment, for example).

The issue right now is that if you enable RHS, CUP and WarfareThai, you often get stuck with 2 or 3 different versions of the same gun and often the ammo isn't interchangeable. It's also unfortunate that using a weapon's mod means I lose access to all of the vanilla weapons, some of which (Mk14) I'm particularly fond of.

As an interim solution Haleks, perhaps you could write in some limitations so that if multiple versions of a single weapon are available in the equipment pool, only one version is permitted to spawn in that game session? I don't know how difficult that would be to code.

Possible alternative: does anyone know if there is a "Universal Ammunition" mod out there? Something that would override RHS, CUP and WarfareThai and force their weapons to accept eachother's ammo? I know something like that exists for RHS & NIArms.

Thoughts?

@DiscoJedi: during testing RAVAGE 1.37 and building missions with the three addons you name in your question, I came to terms with the ammo problem in the following way:

1) There IS a compatibility mod for RHS and WarfareThai which makes ammo interchangeable: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30853&highlight=THAI

2) There is currently NO compatibility mod between RHS and CUP.

3) This led me to set up the equipment pool module like this: RHS complete; WarfareThai complete; CUP items and equipment only; and above all Chernarus preset - but the latter is of course due to the fact I made mission on Chernarus and Esseker and can easily be changed to a Tanoa or Takistan preset. 

4) This avoids the problem of coming across identically named weapons from different addons which can't share ammo.  The price you have to accept is that some really atmospheric weapons that only CUP offers like the hunting rifles will either not be in your game or only at hand-placed NPC's with outfits customized by yourself. 

Hope that makes things a little more clear for you - and don't forget you can still enjoy CUP uniforms and vehicles with that setup!

• Like 2

I know that this has been brought up previously, I just wanted to reinforce my support of it: I'm hoping that a future release will include a way to manually select which weapons/ammo to include in the loot pool.

I like the idea of there being a wide variety of guns out there in the world, and I would even like to tailor the list a bit to make it feel more "authentic" (more hunting rifles/shotguns, less military equipment, for example).

The issue right now is that if you enable RHS, CUP and WarfareThai, you often get stuck with 2 or 3 different versions of the same gun and often the ammo isn't interchangeable. It's also unfortunate that using a weapon's mod means I lose access to all of the vanilla weapons, some of which (Mk14) I'm particularly fond of.

As an interim solution Haleks, perhaps you could write in some limitations so that if multiple versions of a single weapon are available in the equipment pool, only one version is permitted to spawn in that game session? I don't know how difficult that would be to code.

Possible alternative: does anyone know if there is a "Universal Ammunition" mod out there? Something that would override RHS, CUP and WarfareThai and force their weapons to accept eachother's ammo? I know something like that exists for RHS & NIArms.

Thoughts?

User-defined weapons would certainly be the best answer to mods compatibility issues.

I'll try to set up something for the next version, but no promises : this area has been giving me headaches! ^^

Until then following Tourist's suggestion and limiting weapons to one mod only would be the best solution : if you want them "old school" weapons, CUP or WarfareThai would be the best choice.

Quick note : one potential problem with restricting weapon choice too much, is that it will become easier to find ammos for each of them - this will make weapons & ammo spawns much harder to balance.

Hey folks, I have added Sparfell's Missing Units to the Ravage Zed Uniforms list found in this post. The dropbox link has also been updated.  :)

• Like 1

Played this mod for the first time today, have to say i am very impressed with the concept. Ended up playing several hours this afternoon. Keep up the great work. :)

• Like 3

I want to start off by saying I love your work on this mod, but I do have a quick question. Is it me or is the looting set really super low? I would like to be able to at least defend my self against the zeds or something. Dieing alot makes it a bit frustrating?

I want to start off by saying I love your work on this mod, but I do have a quick question. Is it me or is the looting set really super low?

It is. Ravage is set a year after the zombie apocalypse, so everywhere has already been looted. So it is difficult and deliberately so. It's not as hard as it first appears, once you get to grips with certain aspects of gameplay.

It's perhaps a little bit self-promotional, but I have made a video series that shows a long playthrough. If you skip through it, you'll see various tactics that can help you (link in spoiler below)

• Like 2

You might need to update the Ambiant AI module in your mission : try to remove it and place a new one.

Thanks for the tip haleks,unfortunately i tried that and it still gives me those errors occasionally,i believe that this happens when a trader spawn in map,its not the end of the world at least if it doesn't break something its fine by me.

Thanks for the tip haleks,unfortunately i tried that and it still gives me those errors occasionally,i believe that this happens when a trader spawn in map,its not the end of the world at least if it doesn't break something its fine by me.

Quick questions : is it in SP or MP? Does it start after resuming a save or right after launching a new game?

I'll run some tests and try to reproduce it.

Quick questions : is it in SP or MP? Does it start after resuming a save or right after launching a new game?

I'll run some tests and try to reproduce it.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that. It happens in SP, no idea about MP yet.It's on my Esseker mission, no idea about original Altis mission.Always in editor in order to figure possible errors from the running scripts.Fresh start of a new game, happens occasionally ( I been looking through splendid camera for possible survivors,traders spawn points without getting any error when see them spawning ) but sometimes out of nowhere i got this rpt error, i believe its from when a trader spawn?

Edit: basically you might want to take a look at this one too.

VbBIw6ds.jpg

Thanks for the reports; something's definitely wrong. I'll investigate!

@haleks & Jimmakos: I did not get the script message that Jimmakos posted here, but there IS a problemn with the weapons trader in my Esseker mission. 

I have made a supplies trader and a weapons trader by typing the code in the respective INITS of two placed units:

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]"

and

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]"

While the supplies trader works fine with buy&sell, the arms trader sometimes gives his price offer for a rifle in my backpack he wants to buy, but then when I click to confirm the sale he says "I can't buy that at the moment."  It's probably still the already known bug/feature that he can only buy stuff that fits in his inventory - what do you think?

I'll go back to testing and editing now; just wanted to give you a short heads-up!

EDIT: Yep, once I had bought a rifle from the weapons trader, I could sell him another one cuz now he had the space in the inventory.

Hey folks, I have added vanilla Arma 3 Ghillie suits to the Ravage Zed Uniforms list found in this post.  Why? because shooting zeds dressed in ghillie suits is fun.......

VWB0I8E.jpg?1

The dropbox link has also been updated. (look for GhillieZ.....YES, SORRY!)   :)

Hey folks, I have added vanilla Arma 3 Ghillie suits to the Ravage Zed Uniforms list found in [/size]this post.  Why? because shooting zeds dressed in ghillie suits is fun.......[/size]

http://i.imgur.com/VWB0I8E.jpg?1

The dropbox link has also been updated. (look for GhillieZ.....[/size]SORRY!)  [/size] :)

hate to quote shakesphere here but...

"Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until

Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill

Shall come against him."

Macbeth=humanity

Great Birnam wood= Zeds

Dunsinane hill= the walls that keep humanity safe

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per the forum rules!
  • Like 3

Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill

Nice allusion!

Even though Macbeth is my favourite Shakespeare play, it always irks me slightly that Shakespeare just randomly throws Scottish place names in there without knowing where they are. I've been to both Birnam Wood and Dunsinane Hill many a time (I'm originally from round there). But they're about 30km (19 miles in old money) apart. No soldier was ever going to cut camouflage from Birnam Wood and carry it all the way to Dunsinane. 

Appropriately, I now live next door to where Malcolm (the guy who was able to whack Macbeth because of the Birnam/Dunsinane prophecy) was killed in real life. I am a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage...

• Like 1