IDK if it was the new Patch for Arma 3 or a bug. But With Vehicles left Intact rule.If set to 0 some vehicles still spawn without any damage.

Trying to get back into the swing of things again.

Another question if I have AI doing an animation. How can I get them to have randomised gear? Same goes for the traders that I have. I have tried to use the call rvg_fnc_equip; command in the INIT of the unit but still no dice.

FYI:
Loot spawn works perfectly fine on dedicated. I run two separate dedi servers without issue. 

If you're having problems, its because you're overlooking something, or a version issue.

Fire

• Like 2

@wasbob45:

the INIT code for random gear is

0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip

That works fine for me - although there is one caveat: if you have this code running in the INIT of a unit set as "playable" in editor and you have this unit as AI team member in MP if you e.g. play alone on your server, their gear is randomized a-new every time you load the RAVAGE MP savegame.  This is still true if you use an alternative to the RAVAGE saving system like I do in my current tests with my older RAVAGE missions.  I use the ALIVE persistence enhanced with a few scripts for AI teammate persistence and so far it looks like this (still testing to see if certain combinations of modules and scripts yield different behaviour):

• If you have an ambient, non-playable RAVAGE AI in your team that you have recruited ingame, his gear is persisted with all the stuff you gave him before making the ALIVE save.

• If you have an ambient, non-playable Spyder addons spawned AI in your team that you have recruited ingame, his gear is persisted with all the stuff you gave him before making the ALIVE save.

• If you have an editor placed, playable AI in your team with the above code in it's INIT, his gear is NOT persisted.  He gets different random gear every savegame reload. 

• If you  have an editor placed, playable AI in your team without the above code in it's INIT, due to the limitations of the ALIVE enhancing scripts I use, his gear is NOT persisted and he gets the original editor set gear every time

• If you  have an editor placed, non-playable AI in your team with the above code in it's INIT, his gear is NOT persisted.  He gets different random gear every savegame reload. 

• If you  have an editor placed, non-playable AI in your team without the above code in it's INIT, his gear is persisted with all the stuff you gave him before making the ALIVE save

I'm testing this thoroughly and if the above posted observations can be reproduced over several missions and with all kinds of units, I'll post again here to confirm it.  So far I hope to have given you some directions as to what you can expect from the random gear code. 

tourist

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LukasGaming said:

How do you know if the AI is friendly or not, and how do you make them join you as a team? :eh:

This should help.... http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/AI_units .....since that page was written, roaming traders have also been introduced, they generally travel in a group of 3 or 4, they are neutral to the player and won't open fire as they will want you to trade with them. They can be approached with caution and business is done with the group leader, once you get close enough to the group leader he will stop and an addaction will be available for the player to begin trading.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LukasGaming said:

How do you know if the AI is friendly or not, and how do you make them join you as a team? :eh:

If you play on 'Recruit' difficulty, when you are near a friendly AI, you will see a label when you point at them. It will have green text and usually says 'Survivor'

On any difficulty, when you approach a friendly AI, they won't attack you and the action menu (the mousewheel menu) will have options such as 'recruit' or 'trade'.

Of course in all circumstances, you have to get close to find out whether they are friendly or not. But that's realistic - in real life how can you tell if someone is friendly from a distance?

• Like 3

Imo best way to get weapons is to wait til either a enemy bandit kills a raider, or a zombie kills any of them, the loot in the houses are just bonuses, then too it depends on your module settings.

But even if you just have a pistol and taking out 1 bandit, an upgrade, and or an addition to what you have is very possible.

Hey guys been a bit since i played Ravage, been playing it this past week on and off, and realized i had an outdated version WTF!

Also want to let you know that i still once a month add vids to the Ravage utube channel, i probably wont be posting updates to the channel here, i did an update 2-3 weeks ago i think and added

alot of new vids, if your subscribed to the channel then you would have seen them. Cheers.

• Like 4

Wow, now when i enter my ravage altis + tanoa scenarios, i get this message 

you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. 

Right after that message, it starts listing out all of this stupid orange dlc content that is missing with asr ai mod...Take note that I am playing on the 1.74 legacy build of arma 3 where orange dlc isn't needed and my ravage missions was working on before the dlc update. The scenario was also working when i was playing it this morning too

I hate bohemia at this point, They give us all of these modding tools and officially support mods + custom scenarios but they can't get their freaking engine to work well with them (esp. when they update)? Give me a break

Question:

Does the rvg_Geiger actually have a class name?  I need to know when a player acquires a Geiger Muller Counter.

I've tried this:

"rvg_Geiger" in (assignedItems player + items player)

and I've tried cheating with this:

"MineDetector" in (assignedItems player + items player)

(the second one works if I substitute an actual mine detector, of course)

I see that you can't actually place a Gieger Counter in the editor, so I'm thinking there isn't a class name that would trigger in a condition.

I guess this question would be applicable to most (if not all) rvg items.

Thanks,

Fire

Pretty much all ravage specific items are configured as magazines. ;)

"rvg_Geiger" in magazines player

You can also check if the player turned it on :

!isNil {player getVariable "GeigerON"}

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

Works perfect, first time !!    Thank you !!   :don12:

Hoping it would be simple, I was already brainstorming how I could work around this.

Fire

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Just adding up: You can equip the player with all Ravage itens using the virtual arsenal, just look at magazines tab then just copy and paste the config on the init box =)

When I start a SP Ravage mission and don´t want hours and hours of scravenging, I load up (using MCC) Virtual Arsenal and browse the magazines after a knife, matchbox, map and Geiser, so all the rest is profit ;D (it is cheating, but my play time now is scarse =P

Cheers

• Like 3

On 9/10/2017 at 9:17 AM, kodabar said:

If you play on 'Recruit' difficulty, when you are near a friendly AI, you will see a label when you point at them. It will have green text and usually says 'Survivor'

On any difficulty, when you approach a friendly AI, they won't attack you and the action menu (the mousewheel menu) will have options such as 'recruit' or 'trade'.

Of course in all circumstances, you have to get close to find out whether they are friendly or not. But that's realistic - in real life how can you tell if someone is friendly from a distance?

Thanks! Ravage is surely my favorite mod so far, there's clearly a lot of work put into it. Can't wait to see further updates! (Fingers crossed for tent and base building!)

54 minutes ago, LukasGaming said:

Thanks! Ravage is surely my favorite mod so far, there's clearly a lot of work put into it. Can't wait to see further updates! (Fingers crossed for tent and base building!)

Thanks mate! The next update will most likely focus on improving a few things using recent changes/additions brought by the LOW DLC : stuff like using the newly added inactive windmills (instead of using the nasty config trick I resorted to) and adding blood splatters when shooting at zombies (maybe).

After that, I might indeed expand on the survival features (including camp crafting) - I played The Long Dark recently (wich probably is the best survival SP experience available out there) and it gave me a lot of inspiration for a "winter" update. ^^

I know you guys have been asking for this for a long time now, and like I've said before, I just want to know where I'm going exactly before tackling this one.

• Like 11

I enjoy playing The Long Dark also.  Its great on dark rainy / snowy weekends when you can't do anything outside anyway.

• Like 5

Ha yeah The Long Dark is great. Spent an hour one night organizing and front-facing all my cans on my table in my kitchen. Stepped back when I was done so I could get a good look at it and was like, "Ah. That's nice." 

Amazing game and I'm glad you're taking inspiration from it, Haleks.

• Like 3

Hi everyone

I have two questions

1. Is static object looting working? as it never seems to find anything for me!

2. is there anyplans to add loot spawns to the open building mods for Chernarus houses, as the mod has been finished for a long time?

11 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

1. Is static object looting working? as it never seems to find anything for me!

Static loot spawn works just fine....only if they are enabled in the Loot System module.....If your playing the demo missions that come with the Ravage mod, static loot spawns are disabled on both by default.  There have been a few similar queries regarding static loot spawn, maybe haleks could enable them in the demo missions in a future update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Static loot spawn works just fine....only if they are enabled in the Loot System module.....If your playing the demo missions that come with the Ravage mod, static loot spawns are disabled on both by default.  There have been a few similar queries regarding static loot spawn, maybe haleks could enable them in the demo missions in a future update.

Thanks for your reply

But no i have never played the demo mission

I have been making missions in the editor and it stopped working for me after the last update

these are the mods i use

Could any of these  mod be effecting it? none of them used too

unknown.png

Then it's hard to say.....I think the best way to find out if it's a mod conflict is to run only Ravage + CBA , test, add a mod, test, add another mod, test etc. etc.....

I played a mission on Caribou Frontier (which uses CUP CORE) at the weekend using Ravage modules so static loot spawn works fine on third party terrains also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

Thanks for your reply

But no i have never played the demo mission

I have been making missions in the editor and it stopped working for me after the last update

these are the mods i use

Could any of these  mod be effecting it? none of them used too

unknown.png

I got CUP installed but for some reason there are no new weapons, units or vehicles, though the texture complete pack works 

1 hour ago, LukasGaming said:

I got CUP installed but for some reason there are no new weapons, units or vehicles, though the texture complete pack works 

Have you turned it on via the equipment pool module?

4 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Have you turned it on via the equipment pool module?

I mean, the mods themselves don't work. It ain't about Ravage :down: