6 hours ago, wasbob45 said:

Hello All.

Just a quick question about a mod. On the "official" Wiki it stated that the supporting mods are EDN Fortifications.
So when I load up ravage (My custom Mission) do the Materials I need to build spawn in loot if not how do I add them to the loot table?

Thanks

Yep you must place it add to the loot table. I don't know how ravage save system works, so you sould test If it's compatible with saves.

I read somewhere that on the map terain there are some "traces" which ai use to move on the map. I deduce that if you build your fortress, it stops bullets, but zeds and renegades will ignore it and they simply run through wall.

6 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Without the ASR ai, you have no stamina bar. This therefore allows you to run endlessly with no fatigue unless you are radiated or have low health. With the ASR AI you now have a stamina bar and will run to a limited distance before your character slows down due to fatigue 

Thanks, another new thing I learned today!

12 hours ago, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Hey guys quick question, having an issue with EOS spawning into pre-defined zones, does it conflict with ravage? It does work in the editor, however server side, nothing happens. I do use EOS on other servers and other missions, with no problem. Any ideas? I have roughly 25 zones defined, 4-5 units. A side not, really loving the mod, starting to create some interesting missions with it.

So I changed some parameters, and also the faction of the spawned group from EAST, to IND and same thing, works in editor, not in multiplayer, is there a spawn disable built into ravage mod? 

On 9/6/2017 at 2:05 PM, Hans(z) said:

Yep you must place it add to the loot table. I don't know how ravage save system works, so you sould test If it's compatible with saves.

I read somewhere that on the map terain there are some "traces" which ai use to move on the map. I deduce that if you build your fortress, it stops bullets, but zeds and renegades will ignore it and they simply run through wall.

Thanks, another new thing I learned today!

NP, another question btw

It seems like for ravage altis (not sure about tanoa), it seems that i can only get the "modded" equipment + weapons from enemy bandits and not from the loot? The loot contains the standard vanilla equipment and weapons/ammo as stated before in my previous posts

3 hours ago, lv1234 said:

It seems like for ravage altis (not sure about tanoa), it seems that i can only get the "modded" equipment + weapons from enemy bandits and not from the loot? The loot contains the standard vanilla equipment and weapons/ammo as stated before in my previous posts

Not true. ^^

Ravage Altis mission spawns equipment from all supported addons, plus equipment and weapons from RHS.  Have you tried looting a military installation yet?.....

It's also worth knowing that the Equipment Pool module has a option for allowing or limiting spawned vanilla content. In both the Altis and Tanoa missions this is set to "Allowed".

Setting this to "Limited" should allow a higher chance for supported content to spawn.

• Like 1

i tried this new vans from dlc, placed them on the map and they explode with 90% chance (old vehicles act normal), i'm using  vehicle module (damage on).

9 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Not true. ^^

Ravage Altis mission spawns equipment from all supported addons, plus equipment and weapons from RHS.  Have you tried looting a military installation yet?.....

It's also worth knowing that the Equipment Pool module has a option for allowing or limiting spawned vanilla content. In both the Altis and Tanoa missions this is set to "Allowed".

Setting this to "Limited" should allow a higher chance for supported content to spawn.

I just tried tanoa, it does seem to spawn the "modded" equipment, weapons + ammo on the loot crates and are also contained on the bandits when you kill them (after changing the equipment module to allow all supported mod content to be used in the scenario)

For altis, i'm pretty sure i did the same thing too. No, unfortunately i haven't looted a military installation yet.

Just to note, i already restarted both of the scenarios after editing their missions 

Hey, guys. I fixed my AI spawn buy creating a script and using triggers, works great for the random AI camps. Only 2 issues left to work out, Multiplayer mission I am creating, 1. Dynamic weather dos not change, I've tried a few methods to pre-set weather, nothing. LOOT, does loot spawn work in multiplayer? Any help appreciated 

22 minutes ago, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Hey, guys. I fixed my AI spawn buy creating a script and using triggers, works great for the random AI camps. Only 2 issues left to work out, Multiplayer mission I am creating, 1. Dynamic weather dos not change, I've tried a few methods to pre-set weather, nothing. LOOT, does loot spawn work in multiplayer? Any help appreciated 

Hi RyanD, could you elaborate on the weather question, are you saying the Dynamic Weather option in the Atmosphere module is not working for you? All weather forecasts, whether scripted or vanilla are gradual and will take time before any changes are seen, vanilla weather system takes minimum of 30 mins before any changes are seen, the Ravage dynamic weather script can take around 10 mins(i think).   

Loot spawn works fine in MP.....if your adding any of the supported addons to the mix it's important all connected players are using the same mod versions, preferably from the same source. 

I have tried both dynamic weather and also the module on and off, also tried a custom weather function, weather always stays the same. Loot spawns, do'n work in the eden editor, or, in multiplayer, I have the loot module in the editor.  I've waited upto 1 hour, in game editor, and in multiplayer, weather stays the same, even as time changes. Even login in as admin, trying to change weather via parameters has no effect.  With loot module placed in Altis, no loot spawns in editor or in multiplayer

class f_param_weather
	{
		title = "$STR_f_param_weather";
		values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9};
		texts[] = {$STR_f_param_weather_Option0,$STR_f_param_weather_Option1,$STR_f_param_weather_Option2,$STR_f_param_weather_Option3,$STR_f_param_weather_Option4,$STR_f_param_weather_Option5,$STR_f_param_weather_Option6,$STR_f_param_weather_Option7,$STR_f_param_weather_Option8,$STR_f_param_weather_Option11};
		default = 8;
	};

class f_param_fog
	{
		title = "Override Fog";
		values[] = {0,1,2,4};
		texts[] = {"No Fog","Light Fog","Heavy Fog","Use default"};
		default = 2;
	};

class f_param_wind
	{
		title = "Override Wind";
		values[] = {0,1,2,4};
		texts[] = {"No Wind","Light Wind","Heavy Wind","Use default"};
		default = 1;
	};

class f_param_timeOfDay
	{
		title = "$STR_f_param_timeOfDay";
		values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8};
		texts[] = {$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option0,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option1,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option2,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option3,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option4,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option5,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option6,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option7,$STR_f_param_timeOfDay_Option8};
		default = 3;
		function = "f_fnc_setTime"; // This function is called to apply the values
 		isGlobal = 0; // Execute this only on the server
	};

12 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Not true. ^^

Never mind, i fixed it by restarting altis. Now like tanoa, the modded equipment now has a chance of spawning not only on bandits but in loot crates, wrecks, and trash

@RCANTEC.RyanD

Can't comment on the code you pasted, however I just tested the loot module on Altis, both in the Editor and hosting MP locally.....loot spawns successfully in both....And as i write this i'm watching a glorious weather transition while hosting locally in MP using Ravage dynamic weather. 

Sounds like your running into a lot of issues that i'm not seeing......are you running current versions of Ravage, CBA etc?

I am running the current version of ravage, I just removed all my own scripts, everything is vanilla, except the ravage modules, a playable unit, LOOT does not spawn in multiplayer, but it did spawn a min ago in the editor. Yes I am using the latest CBA, my description is now bare, and below that my init

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 3;
respawnOnStart = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

class cfgNotifications
{
	// Notification Template
	class Template
	{
		title = "Escape V2c"; // Tile displayed as text on black background. Filled by arguments.
		iconPicture = ""; // Small icon displayed in left part. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
		iconText = ""; // Short text displayed over the icon. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
		description = "A deadly virus has spread in Altis, get out alive!"; // Brief description displayed as structured text. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
		color[] = {1,1,1,1}; // Icon and text color
		duration = 5; // How many seconds will the notification be displayed
		priority = 0; // Priority; higher number = more important; tasks in queue are selected by priority
		difficulty[] = {}; // Required difficulty settings. All listed difficulties has to be enabled
	};

};

class CfgDebriefing
{  
	class End1
	{
		title = "Mission Completed";
		subtitle = "";
		description = "You successfully rescued our forces and neutralized the infected!";
		pictureBackground = "";
		picture = "b_inf";
		pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
	};
};

init

enableSaving [false, false];
{_x setSpeaker "NoVoice"} forEach playableUnits;

initServer

setTimeMultiplier 6;

100% vanilla Altis mission, has only a few triggers. Vehicles and burning wrecks do work, 

Also Walkers, Infected spawn all wearing the same thing. Is there a way to fix the multiplayer loot, and what the zombies wear.

15 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@RCANTEC.RyanD

Can't comment on the code you pasted, however I just tested the loot module on Altis, both in the Editor and hosting MP locally.....loot spawns successfully in both....And as i write this i'm watching a glorious weather transition while hosting locally in MP using Ravage dynamic weather. 

Sounds like your running into a lot of issues that i'm not seeing......are you running current versions of Ravage, CBA etc?

I used some old codes from my insurgency missions, but since removed everything except ravage modules, still no loot spawn, i'v checked all over altis, random locations, nothing. BTW this mission is on my dedicated server. Keep in mind I am familiar with dedicated servers as I have 6, 3 Exile servers, and also a Milsim server all public. The mission I am designing the ravage fits perfectly, if I can get the loot to work

I assume you've enabled the Arma 3 buildings in the loot system module.....

What am I missing, is there some magic to get loot to spawn in multiplayer? Do I need a lot script or pre-init? Iv'e placed the module, and nothing. 

Just now, Evil Organ said:

I assume you've enabled the Arma 3 buildings in the loot system module.....

Yes obviously.

Just now, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Yes obviously.

Never overlook the obvious. 

I'm all out of ideas mate, it's difficult to help when i'm not seeing the same problem. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Evil Organ said:

Never overlook the obvious. 

I'm all out of ideas mate, it's difficult to help when i'm not seeing the same problem. Sorry.

Yea, I understand, do you guys have a support discord or? 

Well i'll keep searching for answers, it's a shame as the mission concept is wicked, and my community loves the idea, and it's a lot of fun, super creepy especially at night. I wish I could find a remedy for the loot spawn, I didn't really think it would be as easy as just a module placement. I wish it was. Just to be sure, i'm using Ravage v0144 i'm assuming that's the latest?

There's no Discord i'm afraid, the main source of problem solving is usually right here.

I've just read your edited post regarding it being a dedicated server.....the last time i ran a dedicated server, loot spawn was all good, that was a few months ago mind you, maybe something has changed since then, maybe someone else who has access to a dedi could try the loot module....

Still strange that you can't spawn loot even in the Editor. :sad_o:

5 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

There's no Discord i'm afraid, the main source of problem solving is usually right here.

I've just read your edited post regarding it being a dedicated server.....the last time i ran a dedicated server, loot spawn was all good, that was a few months ago mind you, maybe something has changed since then, maybe someone else who has access to a dedi could try the loot module....

Still strange that you can't spawn loot even in the Editor. :sad_o:

Yea, there must be something with the module, is there a force sqf I can run in my initServer.sqf to get it to run?

If it's any help here is the pre_init.sqf  from the rvgLoot folder....

Spoiler

/*
	Created exclusively for Ravage Mod.
	Please request permission to use/alter/distribute from Haleks at BIS forums.

Author: Haleks, based on Na_Palm's loot system

Description:
		WIP
		to be called with :
		0 = [BOOL, BOOL, BOOL,BOOL] execVM "script.sqf"
		>> [A3, A2, OA, Namalsk]

*/
if (count _this < 6) exitWith {["Ravage : Loot system failed : at least six parameters expected!"] call BIS_fnc_error};
_targets = 0;
_jip = true;
if !(hasInterface) then {
	missionNameSpace setVariable ["_isDedicatedSession", 2, true];
	rvg_players = {allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F"};
	_targets = 2;
	_jip = false;
} else {
	rvg_players = {[player]};
};
publicVariable "rvg_players";
missionNamespace setVariable ["buildings_manager", [], true];
rvg_net_buildings_managerGlobal = ["buildings_manager", [], true];
"rvg_net_buildings_managerGlobal" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
	missionNamespace setVariable (_this select 1);
};
[] execvm "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\lootLists.sqf";
[[], "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\player_fnc.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", 0, true];
[_this, "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_init.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", _targets, _jip];

if !((missionNameSpace getVariable "rvg_specialLoot") isEqualTo 0) then {
	[[], "\ravage\code\rvgLoot\loot_special.sqf"] remoteExec ["execVM", 0, true];
};

45 minutes ago, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Also Walkers, Infected spawn all wearing the same thing. Is there a way to fix what the zombies wear.

Have you tried using the Zombie Uniform Override feature in the Ambient Zombie module?......

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3035760

Just now, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

I seen, it. Assume that's the only way. lol

It's the only way I know.....:hehe:

• Like 1