Thanks for the quick reply.

do happen to know what the object from Arma 3 is called so i can put one in game via the editor?

Here're the classnames currently used in the mod :

"Land_Water_source_F",
"Land_WaterBarrel_F",
"Land_WaterTank_F",
"Land_StallWater_F"

Search for them on this page if you need pictures. ;)

• Like 1

Hey Haleks, CUP_TP has been released. Not officially, but there is a RC Build. I'm actually currently using it. And let's just say, having ponds and lakes are awesome. I actually went swimming in the large lake in the north of Chernarus. Something Dam. Forgot it's name. Pobeda maybe? Oh, and Chernarus is somehow more beautiful than it is with AIA:TP

• Like 1

@tyger 

What about making it spawn an intact vehicle? One with predefined gear in the cargo? I'm heading out for a bit, so I won't be able to see any replies for a while. Kind of going insane being cooped up in my apartment.

Demo mission

...And here's the current changelog for the upcoming update :

Tweaked :
Minor improvements to Geigers rad exposure display.
Tweaked Loot generation (should increase FPS in towns).
Tweaked Radiation levels for drink items.
Changed classnames of various food & drink items to allow easier code manipulations.

Fixed :
More fixes to the sleep menu.
Script Errors on manually placed Radiation triggers with no active Radiation Module.
[RHS] Wrong camo & desert AK variants being used.

New :
Player can gather raw meat from killed rabbits.
Raw meat can be cooked at fireplaces (or any fire source).
Meat & Gutting Knife models & textures by Giorgygr.
Canned food items require a can opener, a knife or tools to be consumed.
Consumed canned food give an empty can wich can be used to drink water.
Irradiated water containers can be purified with water purification tablets.

I have a few other things I want to experiment, so it will most likely be released sometime next week.

• Like 8

Sweet! Nice update Haleks! Though, that means I'll need to redo my edits... Oh well. There's a mod for ArmA 3 that adds ArmA 2 Animals. Maybe we can also get small amounts of goats wandering around? Go hunting?

Edit: =LINK REMOVED=

• Like 1

Sweet! Nice update Haleks! Though, that means I'll need to redo my edits... Oh well. There's a mod for ArmA 3 that adds ArmA 2 Animals. Maybe we can also get small amounts of goats wandering around? Go hunting?

Edit: ArmA 3 Animal Mod here: link removed

Laurentyler, Haleks would better use this mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29262&highlight=A3%2BHUNT%2BMOD(it has the Flay Archery mod suggested some pages ago, and also uses RickB itens modules, just like RAVAGE does, so it is already compactible)

Mr Huacacawhatever is a stubborn kid that has some talent with RV scripting, but none respect for copyright, some of those animals have hacked models, I´d strongly advise against using A3 animals mod... it is already been banned from BIF =P

Yay, we can finally gut rabbits! The bunny plague on Altis is almost as bad as the white plage (no pun intended lol)

I´m waiting for someone to integrate Contention Zone with Ravage, so we can have the ultimate S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mission/mod (yeah, I know about that awesome MP stalker mod some russians guys are doing, but I want it for SP), just a hint wink wink ;D

Haleks, would it be too much suggesting using the RickB´s smoker and boomer zombies (or at least the ressurection module? so some nasty bandits you´ve just wacked may have been infected so they could have a chance to ressurect as zeds and attack you while you´re lotting their bodies?)

Keep up the great work! (just recalled you´re french! Ça vais pour cette excellent travail, Bravo! Excusez mon pauvre français, Salut! ;)

cheers!

• Like 1

I didn't know that mod was banned from the BIF. I'll remove that link. I would appreciate if you do the same. Also, I guess I'll put the Animals Module a couple times to spawn more rabbits! "It's Wabbit Season!"

Also, Goats are in the base ArmA 3 game. Just play the first mission in the first campaign. Tons of goats near Camp Rogaine. "'SSgt Adams: The Greenbacks already hate our guts. We might as well keep the goat population on side.' 'Cpl Kerry: Minimize Collateral Damage Sir! Hearts and Minds Sir!'" I fixed the first part of Kerry's quote.

I've added in tpw_animals and tpw_core from TPW_Mods . So far so good. I did some slight adjusting to the max animals and max radius, just to keep the amount of animals from getting too crazy...   The cats at night time might get pretty cool, have played it into the night yet.

Here you sit, you drink tea, and then your character wanted to drink ! And you think, I wish him a mug of tea to xD

• Like 3

Laurentyler, Haleks would better use this mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29262&highlight=A3%2BHUNT%2BMOD(it has the Flay Archery mod suggested some pages ago, and also uses RickB itens modules, just like RAVAGE does, so it is already compactible)

Mr Huacacawhatever is a stubborn kid that has some talent with RV scripting, but none respect for copyright, some of those animals have hacked models, I´d strongly advise against using A3 animals mod... it is already been banned from BIF =P

Yay, we can finally gut rabbits! The bunny plague on Altis is almost as bad as the white plage (no pun intended lol)

I´m waiting for someone to integrate Contention Zone with Ravage, so we can have the ultimate S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mission/mod (yeah, I know about that awesome MP stalker mod some russians guys are doing, but I want it for SP), just a hint wink wink ;D

Haleks, would it be too much suggesting using the RickB´s smoker and boomer zombies (or at least the ressurection module? so some nasty bandits you´ve just wacked may have been infected so they could have a chance to ressurect as zeds and attack you while you´re lotting their bodies?)

Keep up the great work! (just recalled you´re french! Ça vais pour cette excellent travail, Bravo! Excusez mon pauvre français, Salut! ;)

cheers!

Merci l'ami!

I haven't tried RickB's zombies myself, but the resurrection idea is a good one!

Added on my To-Do list! ;)

I've added in tpw_animals and tpw_core from TPW_Mods . So far so good. I did some slight adjusting to the max animals and max radius, just to keep the amount of animals from getting too crazy...   The cats at night time might get pretty cool, have played it into the night yet.

Right now the gutting function only works with Rabbits. But I wrote the code to make it easy to use with other animals; I reckon I could create a raw meat object for each animal type.

Thanks to CBA you guys should be able to gut pretty much everything, no matter the spawn method - as long as those animals use the vanilla classnames.

• Like 1

Yea, I kinda thought you weren't doing all the beautiful creatures yet, but I wanted to see how configurable tpw would be for those tasty little treats.

Looking forward to hunting... while being hunted...

Bandits resurrecting into Zombies? I don't think that would be Lore Friendly to the Mod. The Zombies are like the Infected from The Last Of Us. It all boils down to Cordyceps. Still, if you wanted them to resurrect, maybe have it be an additional module you place down when you build the mission? Also, would make you have a nice habit of shooting all the bandits in the head before you go to start looting.

The Last of Us's Wiki Page to the Infected

Page to the Cordyceps Brain Infection

Bandits resurrecting into Zombies? I don't think that would be Lore Friendly to the Mod. The Zombies are like the Infected from The Last Of Us. It all boils down to Cordyceps. Still, if you wanted them to resurrect, maybe have it be an additional module you place down when you build the mission? Also, would make you have a nice habit of shooting all the bandits in the head before you go to start looting.

The Last of Us's Wiki Page to the Infected

Page to the Cordyceps Brain Infection

It would be limited to "Renegades", wich already use the infected skins addon linked in the OP. ;)

I don't know yet if it would be a "resurrection" per say, but I always thought it would be cool to actually witness a Renegade turning into a zombie!

Anyway that feature ain't coming right away, I have loads of stuff to do before that.

EDIT : anyone owning a console, go play TLOU if haven't already! That game is an exceptional master piece.

• Like 1

EDIT : anyone owning a console, go play TLOU if haven't already! That game is an exceptional master piece.

You mean anyone with a PS3 or PS4? :P

Yes! I forgot it was exclusive to Sony's platforms! ^^

Looking forward to the next update.  I think since food is so rare, hunting is going to be a big + to this scenario!

Hmm... I'm thinking of adding Water Bucket or something crafting to EDN_Fortications. Would make it easier to self sustain. I mean, the capability to refill water bottles uses Vanilla Class Names, so why wouldn't it work? Though, it would be nice if you could only fill up your bottle a certain amount of times in let's say, a 48 Hour period.

Looking forward to hunting...

One note about this : all animal behaviours are more or less broken in Arma3...

While rabbits were able to flee back in Arma2 (or at least run everywhere), they are totally clueless in Arma3 and just waiting to be shot.

I have reduced the wild life spawns in the configs for Altis to alleviate the problem (will do the same for Stratis at some point), but I will try to tweak those friggin' animals later on.

It's going to be one splendid pain in the ass, but I have a feeling it's not high on BIS priority list, so I might as well give it a try...

By the way, I've just finished adding support for sheeps & chickens regarding the Gutting function. Shall I bother with fishes & turtles? ^^

Or dogs (eventhough I have one myself :wacko: )?

Though, it would be nice if you could only fill up your bottle a certain amount of times in let's say, a 48 Hour period.

Shouldn't be too hard to code, will see what I can do.

Hmmm, killing domesticated animals for food. Well, if you were hungry enough... And we can always say the dogs aren't domesticated anymore, and are wild. That kinda goes along with the story of how hard its going to be to trap a canine and try to teach him to obey.

But poor turtles? C'mon Enid. For real. Lol

• Like 1

I finally saw the magic helicopter.

ArmA%203%2011.27.2015%20-%2000.54.58.01.

One thing worth noting if you guys are crazy enough to engage : chopper pilots are your only chance to get your hands on NVGs. :devil:

• Like 5

Could be a nice idea to use the interactive Intel items, specifically the documents and photos, finding them scattered around Altis..........I can see a few cool uses : 

Survival tips : an alternative to the H button hints

Back-Story : a chronology of the events leading up to the present

Updates : rather than spilling the beans on what the future holds for Ravage, hold something back, would be really cool to find out about a new feature or gameplay mechanic while actually playing the mod! 

Could be a nice idea to use the interactive Intel items, specifically the documents and photos, finding them scattered around Altis..........I can see a few cool uses : 

Survival tips : an alternative to the H button hints

Back-Story : a chronology of the events leading up to the present

Updates : rather than spilling the beans on what the future holds for Ravage, hold something back, would be really cool to find out about a new feature or gameplay mechanic while actually playing the mod! 

Yeah, I've had several requests about those notepads & document folders, Mind is especially keen to see them being put to good use (other than feeding fires).

He might be working on something... ;)

• Like 1

Ahh, the mind behind CompoT......i like where this is going......

• Like 1