Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

That´s great! I think if the demand is high enough I could try to create a LUT that gives V6 the look of V5 - but with all the advantages and updates of 6 of course.

The best thing is you pack your V5 Real Light Setup all together in a ZIP because I had to tweak 6.2 to a new naming convention you can´t just override unfortunately.

You need to install reshade (1.0) "again" so to speak.

Regards

I just registered to voice my support and vote for a V6 version that has the look of V5. Please, do make it when you have the time, they are all awesome in their own way but at the moment I prefer V5 and would love to see that being brought to the newer and more advanced V6 version. :D

"I made a huuuge Mistake..."

Hey guys - for the unintentional update of 6.2 I created a new default Look.

This week I finally had the time to make new comparison screenshots for it and rolled out big on my website with it and reddit.

Today I realised that I hadn´t used the default new look instead I had a new (experimental) LUT/Look enabled...

I still can´t believe what a rookie mistake that is but I write you here to keep the confusion as minimal as possible if that can be done somehow.

Long Story short - My new Screenshots don´t show the new default Look. 

I already made a little banner on my page to inform new users.

All the people who already use the 6.2 update shouldn´t bother because you got it and you know how it looks.

For potential new users I distorted the project a bit which is just awful.

Why is that awful;

I am in V6.2 now and I got a lot of Feedback on my way. Mainly it was about the saturation and the contrasts. My personal preference is "punch". Big contrast and much saturation - just like the new shots show. This Look was intended for me in the first place and should be shared later for people who also like it. But the new default look was aimed towards all the feedback I got and is more suited for the public so to speak.

I am working on new Screenshots but at the moment I don´t have much time for it so it can take a few days.

Just wanted to inform you all and apologize for all the confusion.

Regards

No worries, accidents happen! Thanks for the continued updates anyway mate.

• Like 1

Amazing! Started with v5 and this is just as good if not better. The defaults are perfect. Thank you.

Amazing! Started with v5 and this is just as good if not better. The defaults are perfect. Thank you.

Nice of you to say - thank you!

hi, tried this again and wow, it looks fantastic.

But what is stopping me using it is a micro color change everytime i move my mouse (which in turn moves the view). it quickly goes from more like the orginal color to the new better colour. starts to jar after a while for me personally. any way to solve?

hi, tried this again and wow, it looks fantastic.

But what is stopping me using it is a micro color change everytime i move my mouse (which in turn moves the view). it quickly goes from more like the orginal color to the new better colour. starts to jar after a while for me personally. any way to solve?

That is the first time I hear about that - this doesn´t seem right.

The Look shall be always visible no transition should be seen there.

Have you tweaked Real Light yourself somehow? Any new Effects or Modes enabled?

Nice work on the coloring, I'm really liking this mod. TY.

I appreciate it - thanks

So, it worked for me when I ran the game with ReShade for the first time, but upon second start-up, the game didn't load. I solved thise by deleting all ReShade files.

Any ideas?

Sometimes Battleye seems to take a dislike to the injector file.. did you get any RPT. message or Dos window message from Battleye ?

Wow, didn't know V6 is out. Gonna dl it asap :)

One noobish question: I play A3 with MSAAx2, SMAA Ultra and ATOC to All trees and grass. Is it ok to leave those or should i change them if they interfere with V6? I guess those AA techniques shouldn't interfere with ReShade but still better to ask.

Sometimes Battleye seems to take a dislike to the injector file.. did you get any RPT. message or Dos window message from Battleye ?

Nah, nothing. The screen jsut went white and I could just exit it via Task Manager.

I'd un-install, get back to a safe Vanilla build that loads up ok, then re-download the Reshade package and try again. Perhaps you had a corrupted file ?

Be sure to remove any legacy V5 or V6 files.... The installs were different and I think that's caught a few people out.

J

• Like 1

Hi Solano,

at first - thank you for your awesome work and much more for that visual highlight and epic moment!

What an amazing effect. 

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

Wow, didn't know V6 is out. Gonna dl it asap :)

One noobish question: I play A3 with MSAAx2, SMAA Ultra and ATOC to All trees and grass. Is it ok to leave those or should i change them if they interfere with V6? I guess those AA techniques shouldn't interfere with ReShade but still better to ask.

Not a noobish question - you wont get punished for asking here - this is not reddit.

So - in general your personal graphic settings don´t interfere with this kind of mod. Except your brightness and gamma of course. It´s all post effect so it doens´t matter with which quality you play.

The Arma Ingame Sharpness can interfere with a effect that is build inside the preset - but is disabled. In the Sweetfx.cfg is a sharpness mode (its disabled). If you want to use it - it may interfer with high ingame sharpness thats why its off by default.

I personal have sharpness at 10 and like to use the ReShade one but that is as always personal taste.

But long story short - don´t worry. You can play on Ultra or Low - it doesn´t matter

Regards

• Like 1

Hi Solano,

at first - thank you for your awesome work and much more for that visual highlight and epic moment!

What an amazing effect. 

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

Hi McLupo - 

thank you very much for the compliments.

I really enjoy that you all enjoy it so much!

It started out as a project for myself - I never would have thought that so many other people would have fun with it. That motivates me to improve it the best I can.

Regards

@serjames

Thanks for helping out here (again)

I really still can´t say what causes these weird start issues.

@Solano:

Thanks for clarifying things for me buddy!

And again, well done for this mod-it's an essential one in my opinion.

3000 Downloads of Real Light V6 - wow!

• Like 2

3000 Downloads of Real Light V6 - wow!

...that is no accident!  :)

Hi Solano!

After using your mod a couple of days, I would like to confirm my first impression and I am now able to describe which visual details are so impressive.

My very personal and subjective opinion/feeling.

This mod creates a new and special atmosphere, because it brings a lot more details, like sun bleached stones, very detailed shadows and a fantastic looking vegetation.

It´s like real, ´cause the colors are fade away under the glare of the sunlight.

In contrast to it the shadows are much more detailed in overcast situations.

It´s awesome, I'm lost for words!

Example pictures and you know what i mean, hopefully... :) 

Brightness: brightness1k6oqs2w3e_thumb.jpg   Cloudy: cloudy5gznfcjhrb_thumb.jpg   Details: shadows0zcg51yvjn_thumb.jpg   Vegetation: vegetationvlo7dgsuhy_thumb.jpg  Overall: mikexqkep06jm9_thumb.jpg

The last time I had that feeling - it was the release of a very simple addon, the tpw_houselight, very small but very immersive, the same applies to your "Real Light" mod.

Thanks again!

Greetings

McLupo

Sorry for my poor english mode of expression - I´m not an english native.  ;) 

• Like 2

Hi Solano!

Hi McLupo,

thank you very very much for your nice and detailed review and shared thoughts and the effort with uploading the images to share and show.

I am very glad you enjoy it so much. This means a lot to me and I am really happy I could make you (and so many more meanwhile) such a good feeling for this already great game with my preset.

I really appreciate it when people get back to me just to compliment Real Light.

You guys are awesome - and I love doing this for such a great community.

If you or anyone else ever have some questions on how to tweak this and that don´t hesitate to get back at me like always.

Oh and no need to apologize for your english ;)

Regards

• Like 1

Hi,

i must answer your friendly words.  ;)

The interaction of your idea and the realization result in a rounded and unique overall picture.

A small idea can change an atmosphere and the atmosphere will be all too often underrated.

What is the use of a big mod, if those little things are missing?

You have created these missing little thing.  ;)

Greetings

McLupo

Ok, I have tried every method and every way I can think of to install this addon along with the Sweet FX 2.0 files and my game constantly non stop crashes as soon as I open it. However, when I use the ReShade64.dll my game starts fine, but I don't get the introduction text, I don't get the little message at the top Left hand side of the screen and the reshade addon still doesn't work. When I use the ReShade32.dll I do get the little intro message and the text at the top Left, but only get about 5-6 seconds in and it crashes my game immediately, and yes I do rename the 64 and 32 dll files to dxgi as mentioned, I also tried starting my game without battleye.

Does anyone have a GOOD descriptive installation guide or video with SweetFX 2.0 and Real Light v6, because it seems as if all these Real Light v5 tutorials I am reading and referencing are just constantly crashing my game. Maybe someone makes a installation guide every update when new versions come out with different installation methods.

Thanks

Ok, I have tried every method and every way I can think of to install this addon along with the Sweet FX 2.0 files and my game constantly non stop crashes as soon as I open it. However, when I use the ReShade64.dll my game starts fine, but I don't get the introduction text, I don't get the little message at the top Left hand side of the screen and the reshade addon still doesn't work. When I use the ReShade32.dll I do get the little intro message and the text at the top Left, but only get about 5-6 seconds in and it crashes my game immediately, and yes I do rename the 64 and 32 dll files to dxgi as mentioned, I also tried starting my game without battleye.

Does anyone have a GOOD descriptive installation guide or video with SweetFX 2.0 and Real Light v6, because it seems as if all these Real Light v5 tutorials I am reading and referencing are just constantly crashing my game. Maybe someone makes a installation guide every update when new versions come out with different installation methods.

Thanks

Hi drifter - sorry to read that you have a hard time getting it to work.

It is good that you took the time to describe in detail what you already tried - that saves time.

In general - V5 and V6 have a different structure because ReShade (which injects the effects of many different authors) changed over time as you already experienced.

The problem here is not the installation or missiong videos for V6.

The installation process for V6 is pretty much straight forward. Because of the pain to get V5 to work over time now I decided to make a V6 in the first place - based on the new version of ReShade. It should get easy again.

For Real Light V6 to work you need to use the Framework files not the sweetfx 2.0 ones.

Arma is a 32-Bit Game so only the ReShade32.dll file will hook into the game. When there is no white intro text in the upper left it is not running.

For your problem - that is a myth to us still. I made plenty of posts in the official ReShade Forum. At first it was the solution to disable BE what you did. But it didn´t took much time until the first users came back like you and said that this wouldn´t do the trick (anymore).

Long story short:

I can´t tell you what it is.

The guys over at ReShade didn´t had an idea yet that solved it.

It seems not to matter which version of Windows you use.

I still fumble around in the dark with this issue.

I wish I could give you more hints to try but the only one left is an update for microsoft and Windows 7 (if you use it). Some people don´t seem to have that installed and sometimes it helps. I can´t take responsibility for this as you surely understand.

But its a thing to try and it is from Microsoft itself and no shady page. If you want to try it visit this page.

I encourage you to post here on the ReShade Forum for this preset and the particular start issue thread so that the creators of ReShade get aware of this issue (again)

They asked one user there if he gets the same issues with other games and ReShade. If you get it in other games too that it is maybe related to your personal setup not the game or ReShade but what do I know.

Again - please ask them in their forum I am out of Ideas for this.

Regards