Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

I'm loving the new 6.2. The days are nice and bright but still have a good contrast, the colors are rich without being over saturated or "cartoony" as people have said. I have not found any reason to do any personal tweaks like I have with the previous versions. It just looks awesome and I thank you for all the work you put in tweaking this.

Thanks so much banky - it is really nice to read that. If there should be a question anyway one day - don´t hesitate to get back at me.

Regards

I can't get this to work :@

At first I'd launch and then I see the process but the game just remains on desktop...then I tried launching without mods..the game sorta launched..then black screen...and then nothing..just froze..

edit: I think Battleye is the problem...any way to use it with battleye enabled? :/

edit2: After launching game without battleye and then relaunching with battleye and mods..it seems to work.

edit2: After launching game without battleye and then relaunching with battleye and mods..it seems to work.

I experienced the same thing yesterday now that you say it.

My Screen froze - no start at all.

So I turned off BattlEye - everything launched.

Then I restarted Arma a couple of times for other reasons - retried to launch with BattlEye and then it worked like it needs a dry run or something...

Oh and because ReShade is a post effect there can´t be any interference with Arma Mods you really need to hook up in the launcher or parameters.

It seems that in those cases of Game Launch issues it is always caused by BattlEye not accepting the dxgi.dll at first - which is the (ReShade)injector.

So if I don´t hear anything else I suppose it is working now for you frequently hopefully.

If not just let me know.

Regards

Screenshot Request

Because of the 6.2 update and the new default Look of Real Light I need to update my page and most important of course the images and comparison shots.

So if any of you has fun with taking quality screenshots of Arma 3 and would like to share them with me and would be ok with it that they get used on my website I would really appreciate it!

Provided that you use 6.2 with the new default LUT and not much other visual mods with much impact - in best case non of course.

Besides that there are no limitations in map or image motif except no heroic slaughter scenes ;)

Any help is pretty much appreciated - just drop me a mail or link here

Best Regards

Screenshot Request

Because of the 6.2 update and the new default Look of Real Light I need to update my page and most important of course the images and comparison shots.

So if any of you has fun with taking quality screenshots of Arma 3 and would like to share them with me and would be ok with it that they get used on my website I would really appreciate it!

Provided that you use 6.2 with the new default LUT and not much other visual mods with much impact - in best case non of course.

Besides that there are no limitations in map or image motif except heroic slaughter scenes ;)

Any help is pretty much appreciated - just drop me a mail or link here

Best Regards

After closing my game and wanting to restart it again the same problems happened..both the desktop problem as well as the black screen problem...then tried to launch using A3launcher with battleye and without..then with playwithsix..can't get it to work anymore :P

Hi Megazogg - 

did you rename the ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll ?

Only then Reshade applies.

Regards

Yes, I renamed it. In fact I tried both of your versions with every combination I could think of. I renamed ReShade32, then 64, then tried them with original names. game launches with ether ReShade32, 64 or then ReShade64 is renamed but then Real Light is not working.

Btw, I also turned Battle Eye and launch the game eithout any mod. I do believe that I have CBA in my game folder, but it is not activated.

Screenshot Request

--snip--

Here's a few, not sure how good they are.

I would like to quickly say thank you. Real Light has seriously transformed Arma for me and I can't imagine playing without it. So again, a huge thanks for all your hard work.

Also, I want to apologise, I was going through my email last night and saw that you send me a message around the end of June. Somehow I completely missed it. So yeah, sorry for not replying.

• Like 1

Oh and because ReShade is a post effect there can´t be any interference with Arma Mods you really need to hook up in the launcher or parameters.

It seems that in those cases of Game Launch issues it is always caused by BattlEye not accepting the dxgi.dll at first - which is the (ReShade)injector.

I am not so sure because I have disabled BattlEye several days before I encountered those "non-launching" problems.

Sorry to sound unconstructive but it really seems to be hard to find where the culprit is. The only action which allowed me to start again Arma3 + real light + mods was to copy-paste back CBA files from the same version as before. During my previous tests, I always kept BattlEye disabled.

Edit : grammar

After closing my game and wanting to restart it again the same problems happened..both the desktop problem as well as the black screen problem...then tried to launch using A3launcher with battleye and without..then with playwithsix..can't get it to work anymore :P

@Phonic Studios & @PhonicStudios 

Crap - Ok lets try one more thing and if this doesn´t work please ask the guys at reshade about it since I am not much into the technical details.

Iam really not sure if this helps but try to turn off battleye and disable real light / reshade by renaming the "dxgi.dll" to something like "dxgi.dll_". If this file fails to load no reshade is running. Use the "arma3launcher.exe" to start Arma. Now Arma should start as usual - in the Main Menu you can close it again.

Now enable BattlEye and try to run it. If its ok make a third run but now with reshade re-enabled. Does it start then?

Please use the reshade32.dll for arma - renamed to "dxgi.dll" of course.

Do you use custom malloc ?

Which Win version do you use?

Yes, I renamed it. In fact I tried both of your versions with every combination I could think of. I renamed ReShade32, then 64, then tried them with original names. game launches with ether ReShade32, 64 or then ReShade64 is renamed but then Real Light is not working.

Here's a few, not sure how good they are.

I would like to quickly say thank you. Real Light has seriously transformed Arma for me and I can't imagine playing without it. So again, a huge thanks for all your hard work.

Also, I want to apologise, I was going through my email last night and saw that you send me a message around the end of June. Somehow I completely missed it. So yeah, sorry for not replying.

Thanks for the great shots - thanks for the kind words! Means a lot to me. I am happy when people enjoy real light so much!

I took same screenshots too. They are taken on Sarugoa which was created by Hotzenplotz.

https://imgur.com/a/zHtmy

Thank you very much! If you got more just let me know. Helps me very much

I am not so sure because I have disabled BattlEye several days before I encountered those "non-launching" problems.

Sorry to sound unconstructive but it really seems to be hard to find where the culprit is. The only action which allowed me to start again Arma3 + real light + mods was to copy-paste back CBA files from the same version as before. During my previous tests, I always kept BattlEye disabled.

Edit : grammar

This issue is haunting me.

I would love to understand what causes it.

At first it started to trouble with BattlEye for some people - turning it off helped most of them. Now this seems not enough somehow for a few. I personally never had issues with it except when I tried ReShade 1.0 the first time and then the starting issues were gone although I didn´t changed anything.

It is really a mystery still and if really nothing helps anymore please visit the ReShade Troubleshooting Forum and let them know about because I am out of suggestions when the BattlEye disabling "trick" doesn´t seem to solve that.

Okey, a few more pictures. I did never believe Arma 3 could be look so beauteful.

http://imgur.com/a/iHMSU

Maybe, tonight I'm gonno taking some pics at night and cloudy day also with units from rhs this time.

And thanks for this mod. It gives Arma 3 a really cool atmosphere. Thanks !!!

EDIT: One of the pictures in the forest have a bush with a glitch doesen't look pretty. Is my fault ... i set the the generally farsightedness and the farsightedness of objects to 12000 :D

Edited by chrys
  • Like 1

I upgraded to V6.2 advanced - nice - much better neutral picture - with no colour cast.

+1 from me.

I upgraded to V6.2 advanced - nice - much better neutral picture - with no colour cast.

+1 from me.

Thanks again.

I think so too - after the first intense instance of color grading your reception for colors get a bit lost I experienced. Coming back after weeks to review was just the right thing. Glad you like it even more.

Regards

Okey, a few more pictures. I did never believe Arma 3 could be look so beauteful.

http://imgur.com/a/iHMSU

Maybe, tonight I'm gonno taking some pics at night and cloudy day also with units from rhs this time.

And thanks for this mod. It gives Arma 3 a really cool atmosphere. Thanks !!!

EDIT: One of the pictures in the forest have a bush with a glitch doesen't look pretty. Is my fault ... i set the the generally farsightedness and the farsightedness of objects to 12000 :D

Many thanks for this!

Keep up the good work!

Screenshot Request

6.2 advanced with the LUT, small 12 picture gallery nothing special just some setup grabs:

http://imgur.com/a/FkjCH

• Like 1

6.2 advanced with the LUT, small 12 picture gallery nothing special just some setup grabs:

http://imgur.com/a/FkjCH

Wow great!

They look really good!

Thanks for this Jeza

Hi ,

Just want to tell that I'm still using v5 and I'm very happy with the results. I might try to install the newer version this weekend though :)
Problem is that I can only install with reshade with Sweetfx

Hi ,

Just want to tell that I'm still using v5 and I'm very happy with the results. I might try to install the newer version this weekend though :)

That´s great! I think if the demand is high enough I could try to create a LUT that gives V6 the look of V5 - but with all the advantages and updates of 6 of course.

The best thing is you pack your V5 Real Light Setup all together in a ZIP because I had to tweak 6.2 to a new naming convention you can´t just override unfortunately.

You need to install reshade (1.0) "again" so to speak.

Regards

• Like 1

I think if the demand is high enough I could try to create a LUT that gives V6 the look of V5 - but with all the advantages and updates of 6 of course.

YES please! I prefer the look of V5 as well. V6 looks brighter but hazier.

YES please! I prefer the look of V5 as well. V6 looks brighter but hazier.

Do you use the RL6 | Advanced?