Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

I wish I could use your mod but the startup issues are too big :/

I wish I could use your mod but the startup issues are too big :/

I am really sorry - maybe you can open a ticket at the reshade trouble shooting forum for it? That would really be an option.

I stay in contact with BattlEye at the moment and a nice employee asked me if you get a block message somehow in the launcher.

Quote:

All popular modules/DLLs are whitelisted by us, yes. It's not really related to the features of your software. I'm not sure why some have issues. Do you know if these people get any block errors in the game launcher window? 

T^T sadly for me it wont start either! So sad, I really enjoy it.

Anyway, when I do start the game, the game itself does not launch. However in the Task-Manager I still have sometimes a Prozess of Arma 3 and a Service (on the Service Tab). 
When I shut it down I get this "Error  code": 0x00000001 / 1

Maybe that helps.
Also I'm using Windows 10 x64 and have an Radeon 7800 Series Graficcard!

I really hope it will work again in the future. Thats just something I can't live without! >.<

I believe this problem will be hard to solve...

It seems to happen just randomly : two days ago I was able to play with all my mods + RealLight (great addition to the game, thank you Soldano ;) ) but yesterday, just to try, I was unable to launch the exact same game : I did not change anything from one day to the other (even concerning my driver, windows update or anything else on the PC).

And today, I also tried to launch with the exact same config as two days ago and yesterday : it just starts normally. Maybe something to do with the launcher? I don't know.

I also get the error message described by Moon_chilD when I kill the background Arma3.exe.

I remember the dxgi log seems to stop at this line when it doesn't work :

"Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(025D59E0, 0, 00000000, 0, 00000000, 0, 7, 17750C1C, 00A3F788, 00A3F784, 17750C60, 00A3F78C)' ..."

But as it works today, I can't give you the total log produced when the launching fails.

I have win7 pro 64, Nividia GTX970, Arma3 on stable build.

T^T sadly for me it wont start either! So sad, I really enjoy it.

Anyway, when I do start the game, the game itself does not launch. However in the Task-Manager I still have sometimes a Prozess of Arma 3 and a Service (on the Service Tab). 

When I shut it down I get this "Error  code": 0x00000001 / 1

Maybe that helps.

Also I'm using Windows 10 x64 and have an Radeon 7800 Series Graficcard!

I really hope it will work again in the future. Thats just something I can't live without! >.<

I believe this problem will be hard to solve...

It seems to happen just randomly : two days ago I was able to play with all my mods + RealLight (great addition to the game, thank you Soldano ;) ) but yesterday, just to try, I was unable to launch the exact same game : I did not change anything from one day to the other (even concerning my driver, windows update or anything else on the PC).

And today, I also tried to launch with the exact same config as two days ago and yesterday : it just starts normally. Maybe something to do with the launcher? I don't know.

I also get the error message described by Moon_chilD when I kill the background Arma3.exe.

I remember the dxgi log seems to stop at this line when it doesn't work :

"Redirecting 'D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(025D59E0, 0, 00000000, 0, 00000000, 0, 7, 17750C1C, 00A3F788, 00A3F784, 17750C60, 00A3F78C)' ..."

But as it works today, I can't give you the total log produced when the launching fails.

I have win7 pro 64, Nividia GTX970, Arma3 on stable build.

I am really sorry guys - I can´t reproduce it and I am really the wrong guy for such technical error logs.

I wish I could figure it out but it seems really random to me.

Crosire - the developer behind ReShade could make sense out of it.

I would make a ticket myself but I would always have to ask you guys about something I get asked in the forum over there and this just makes no sense. It is easier you post there and state your context of system and occurence and so on.

Wish I could do more...

I've run out of ideas.

Advanced, yes.

Ah jeah - that has the "haze" look you meant. 

Heres a quick and easy guide how to disable it.

Open the GemFX.cfg and go to line 13

#define USE_AMBIENT_LIGHT 1

disable it like this

#define USE_AMBIENT_LIGHT 0

Thanks Chrys for all your effort!

Always forgot to show the VR Area.

Regards

VR area screws up saturation and contrast anyway - significantly different lighting results than in actual game.

I'd highly recommend ignoring any screenshots of uniforms or colour tests from VR... we stopped using it to test mods when we got them in game and they looked shiite.. Always test on Altis with A3 Sunlight

VR area screws up saturation and contrast anyway - significantly different lighting results than in actual game.

I'd highly recommend ignoring any screenshots of uniforms or colour tests from VR... we stopped using it to test mods when we got them in game and they looked shiite.. Always test on Altis with A3 Sunlight

Thanks for the hint Serjames - good to know.

I prefer the look of V5 too. I tested last night V6 and V6 Advanced (with Full RGB Colors of course) I also tried with neutral LUT... I rolled back to V5 ^^

I prefer the look of V5 too. I tested last night V6 and V6 Advanced (with Full RGB Colors of course) I also tried with neutral LUT... I rolled back to V5 ^^

All right - good to know - then we have the first LUT by request I guess.

Will look into that in the next weeks.

Game Launch Issue Troubleshooting Thread opened at ReShade.me

Ok - since no one else did it I opened now a thread at the ReShade Troubleshooting section and quoted the hopefully most helpful posts of you guys in there.

I really encourage to join that thread in case you have trouble launching the game with ReShade enabled too. Not because I am too lazy to help - just because this is not my league. I can´t really make sense out of these error logs most of the times if get them and your effort in posting them is more efficient and in better hands at the creators of ReShade in that case in my opinion.

But if you want to tweak something because Real Light is working for you just fine but you want to change something with the look - don´t hesitate to ask me here or via the contact button on my website via E-Mail like always.

The guys at ReShade are doing a great job and without them this preset wouldn´t be possible and they are always nice and helpful in the Forums.

I will be far from my PC during the next three weeks (finally in vacation...) so I won't be able to give elements to feed this thread at ReShade.me. But I will do when I will be back home. Thank you, Solano, to have launched it by the way

I will be far from my PC during the next three weeks (finally in vacation...) so I won't be able to give elements to feed this thread at ReShade.me. But I will do when I will be back home. Thank you, Solano, to have launched it by the way

You are welcome.

Speaking of launching - do you launch Arma with the normal / official Launcher?

I wish you good vacations!

any download mirror? I can't access your website. It keeps loading forever.

any download mirror? I can't access your website. It keeps loading forever.

Direct download link for Real Light V6

Direct download link for Real Light V6 | Advanced

INSTALL:

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

Get the latest ReShade Version at http://reshade.me/.

Copy the following items from the ReShade download in your main game directory where the game.exe is located:

â–° ReShade Folder

â–° ReShade.fx

â–° ReShade32.dll

Now you have ReShade in your main Game folder.

Open the folder called ReShade and copy the content over from the Real Light V6 zip file you´ve downloaded here.

It should replace the .cfg files and also ask to integrate the CustomFX and GemFX Folder.

Confirm all that.

Rename ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll

Done!

I recommend to set brightness and gamma to 1.0. But tastes are different of course.

I wanna thank you guys for making and posting these awesome Screenshots to help me out. I really appreciate it and will use them soon on the project page.

Best regards

I think if the demand is high enough I could try to create a LUT that gives V6 the look of V5 - but with all the advantages and updates of 6 of course.

I'd add +1 to the demand. V5 was a jaw dropping WTF moment for me when I first saw it, V6 is good, although I keep turning it on and off, some colors are a bit off for me (the purples in the night/evening, the yellowish bushes).

V5 got rid of the grey layer of the default look very effectively, not altering colors (well, of course they had to be altered to get rid of that grey curtain, but the colors hue(?) kinda stayed balanced, only making them more live) - I hope you understand what I am trying to communicate with this last line. :) 

Anyways, good job.

I'd love to test it,, but it is not working for me.. DL the framework, copied all over,, renamed.. arma is not starting at all, white screen, and it crashes.. I'm on win7 64 , wwhen i use the the 64.dll and rename it, game starts but no init message.. What could be wrong? I really wanna check it out !!

cheers

Edit: Well it's battleye.. without BE it works.. a pity

Needs to be 32.dll

Arma is 32 bit - not 64 bit

I'd love to test it,, but it is not working for me.. DL the framework, copied all over,, renamed.. arma is not starting at all, white screen, and it crashes.. I'm on win7 64 , wwhen i use the the 64.dll and rename it, game starts but no init message.. What could be wrong? I really wanna check it out !!

cheers

Edit: Well it's battleye.. without BE it works.. a pity

Hi fruity_rudy,

at first - cool it worked anyway in the end.

At second I would like to know how do you start your Arma 3 game.

Because it is a riddle since ages now why some have to turn BE off and some don´t need to including myself.

I use the official Arma Launcher by Bohemia Interactive. Starting the game when Steam is running with the arma3launcher.exe. I can see how BattlEye loads up and everything loads up as it should be.

I am using Win7 x64 as well. And the only hook that works for arma is the ReShade32.dll - that is why you don´t see stuff on the left top corner when starting the game.

Do you start the game like this as well? I would really like to know to sort the issue out - once and for all.

Regards