Solano

Real Light - ReShade Preset by Solano

First of all,t hanks for this beautiful visual experience. I was using your early versions when you released it and i liked V5 most. It was bit greenish, yes but it looked bit better than v6. Im not saying that i dont like v6, it looks superb but for my eyes it looks like some retro/70s filter on top of it. Too much red / orange - not always but most of the time when its bright sunny day. 

Anyway, i cant run v6 now with battleye ON, getting white screen. While disabling battleye, everything works. I was reading this forum, reddit etc and nothing worked for me. I simply cant fix startup problem.V5 was running fine, never had issue so i`ll go back to V5 probably.

I`d like to run v6 but....i spent 2 hours trying to solve startup problems.

First of all,t hanks for this beautiful visual experience. I was using your early versions when you released it and i liked V5 most. It was bit greenish, yes but it looked bit better than v6. Im not saying that i dont like v6, it looks superb but for my eyes it looks like some retro/70s filter on top of it. Too much red / orange - not always but most of the time when its bright sunny day. 

Anyway, i cant run v6 now with battleye ON, getting white screen. While disabling battleye, everything works. I was reading this forum, reddit etc and nothing worked for me. I simply cant fix startup problem.V5 was running fine, never had issue so i`ll go back to V5 probably.

I`d like to run v6 but....i spent 2 hours trying to solve startup problems.

Hey Calibre - thank you very much.

I can totally understand that you would rather run V5 which worked for you without issues.

Will work on a LUT for V6 which tries to bring back the look of V5 for those who are interested.

The startup Issues are a riddle to me.

May I ask you too - how do you start Arma 3 exactly? Any special launcher or something?

Im using Arma3 launcher, i tried to run Arma without mods, without commandline, i tried to download fresh copy of Arma from steam. Nothing worked for me. Once i disable battle eye, everything works.

Its not even working while running game via exe file (avoiding launcher).

Im using Arma3 launcher, i tried to run Arma without mods, without commandline, i tried to download fresh copy of Arma from steam. Nothing worked for me. Once i disable battle eye, everything works.

Its not even working while running game via exe file (avoiding launcher).

Gees - I am sorry to hear that you had so much trouble.

I tried to get information from the creators of ReShade about that topic but I am still waiting for ideas or hints unfortunately. Disabling BE is the only clue they had for now.

A few posts back I announced a Thread at the ReShade troubleshooting section. Since I am out of Ideas and you did so many attempts to run it properly the only thing left for me is to encourage you to visit this thread and ask the creators of ReShade yourself - I didn´t got much help there for now but if more people get there maybe it will get more in their focus. I really wish I could do more at this point but I can´t unfortunately.

Regards

Just to confirm all working fine for me...

Windows 10

Reshade Version 6.2 Advanced

Launch with Play with Six

Battle eye engaged and working

(loving it !)

Just to confirm all working fine for me...

Windows 10

Reshade Version 6.2 Advanced

Launch with Play with Six

Battle eye engaged and working

(loving it !)

Good to hear that Win10 is not totally declining it at least. Thanks for the info Serjames

Damn...v5 works, v6.2 not. Getting headache.

There is one thing maybe left you can try.

I can´t take any resposnibility for it but it seems that a special windows update helped people getting rid of that sometimes.

Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

stupid questions, but have people Checked that they have deleted ALL files and folders from previous versions before updating to V6 ? I believe there were file and structure changes between releases no ?

stupid questions, but have people Checked that they have deleted ALL files and folders from previous versions before updating to V6 ? I believe there were file and structure changes between releases no ?

Absolutely - good hint. Not the case for calibre but other people may not know this.

V5 is based on a much earlier build of ReShade. All the effects come from one single file (ReShade.fx). Later the ReShade project got split into many (config)files and folders to keep it more organzied and modular.

So merging V6 into a V5 install will not work.

I always advise people to zip a V5 installation before going to V6 to change back more easily if needed.

Every upgrader from V5 to V6 needs to reinstall ReShade again with the latest files of them - and don´t merge anything but my Preset files into a fresh ReShade installation.

Damn...v5 works, v6.2 not. Getting headache.

You don´t have more than one dll of ReShade running don´t you?

The hook you need is the dxgi.dll.

There is no ReShade32.dll, ReShade64.dll or d3d9.dll file in your main arma folder right?

WTF

Exactly.

I am really happy it is now working for you - I assume you didn´t needed that MS update.

Now that it works you just need to wait until I am able to recreate the look of V5 for V6 ;)

Regards

Its not working again....even after restart or without battle eye. Well, thats hillarious.

Its not working again....even after restart or without battle eye. Well, thats hillarious.

How exactly do you start Arma?

I tried few options how to start it. Im back on V5, it works nicely without any issues .I`ll check V6 again after month or two.

Thanks for the mod Solano, looks pretty nice. I have a request, could you share your settings for this picture below? It looks way better then the default, default colors are a bit too cartoony. Is it just a vibrance decrease? I personally removed the DPX processing and it's a bit closer to this but not quite. 
 new_default_lut_preview.gif

Thanks for the mod Solano, looks pretty nice. I have a request, could you share your settings for this picture below? It looks way better then the default, default colors are a bit too cartoony. Is it just a vibrance decrease? I personally removed the DPX processing and it's a bit closer to this but not quite. 

new_default_lut_preview.gif

Hey man - 

The picture is made with the Real Light V6.2 | Advanced. It is the latest version and nothing has changed since. If you download Real Light V6 Advanced from my page right now you will get this look above by default. I shot this without any tweaks. It is pure Real Light from the download.

To disable the DPX settings is no good if you want to have the look above then.. 

My Ingame settings are 1.0 for gamma and brightness. Sharpness is set to 10 and Bloom to 35. The genereal Graphics settings are set to ultra. I think the picture was taken at 12 o´clock ingame time in the north east of altis (where it gets fieldy).

Maybe you downloaded and earlier version of Real Light and just used it now?

Hey man - 

The picture is made with the Real Light V6.2 | Advanced. It is the latest version and nothing has changed since. If you download Real Light V6 Advanced from my page right now you will get this look above by default. I shot this without any tweaks. It is pure Real Light from the download.

To disable the DPX settings is no good if you want to have the look above then.. 

My Ingame settings are 1.0 for gamma and brightness. Sharpness is set to 10 and Bloom to 35. The genereal Graphics settings are set to ultra. I think the picture was taken at 12 o´clock ingame time in the north east of altis (where it gets fieldy).

Maybe you downloaded and earlier version of Real Light and just used it now?

Thanks for the reply, No I have 6.2 advanced. It seems that it only looks like that at that time, I ended up leaving dpx off and so far I've liked it across different times more then with it on. Appreciate it though thank you. 

I tried few options how to start it. Im back on V5, it works nicely without any issues .I`ll check V6 again after month or two.

Do you use the CBA Mod?

FWIW, Solano, I'm still running 6.0 and CBA and will often have A3 CTD 1-3 times before it starts up successfully.  I'd say out of 5 nights, at least 3-4 nights I'll have that issue.  Interestingly, though, once I start it up successfully during a session, if I quit out and then restart A3, I don't run into the problem.

I need to update to 6.2 to test that, but I just haven't had time to make sure I'm getting all the parts and install correct.

Do you use the CBA Mod?

Yup, but doesnt matter if its enabled or not.