This is implemented so players don't abuse arsenal to apply uniforms from the enemy faction. I could allow faction-appropriate uniforms I guess.

• Thanks 1

Saving could make it to Warlords as a Parameter too.

Just a quick Feedback.

Played yesterday a few hours with friends on RC servers. Mission looks/works cool. Just 2 Points which we dont liked that much.

1.Missed Markers for your side units and yourself. (If Iam in a vehicle I can see myself on map anyway)

2.Transfering CP should be for free.

Otherwise good job !

3 hours ago, Jezuro said:

This is implemented so players don't abuse arsenal to apply uniforms from the enemy faction. I could allow faction-appropriate uniforms I guess.

What about when mission makers want to allow putting on uniforms of the enemy faction for the missions they create with Warlords modules?

But if allowing changing to enemy faction uniforms is out of the question for Warlords I at least would certainly welcome the possibility to be able to switch between faction-specific uniforms.

11 minutes ago, Asmodeuz said:

What about when mission makers want to allow putting on uniforms of the enemy faction for the missions they create with Warlords modules?

Putting on enemy uniforms is disabled in sandbox throughout the whole game, so enabling this in a multiplayer mode which is primarily PVP is not something I would consider to be a good idea.

• Like 1

Sorry to post about this again, but the official servers really need to have their default difficulty set to Regular; recruit notably hampers the effectiveness of the AI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, target_practice said:

Sorry to post about this again, but the official servers really need to have their default difficulty set to Regular; recruit notably hampers the effectiveness of the AI.

Agree.

Also... @Jezuro

Can you make it so players must confirm the drop location for helicopters. Yesterday, I called in a Pawnee drop and it dropped at Air Station Mike-26 (I was expecting it to drop at the base) where the enemy had just taken over. Some enemy player named decided to steal it. I was too late to do anything about it. Luckily I could track it on the map and take him down. :happy:

@target_practice

I think its sent to the nearest helipad sector to the player who requests it, so maybe you should have thought about ordering it from Camp Maxwell ;)

I ordered it from Stratis Airbase? Also, the fact remains that it is still left unclear to players ordering it.

Was the Airbase owned and connected at that time?

I'm also quite sure that somewhere on the UI it says that aircraft as dispatched to the nearest appropriate sector.

Three things:

1) Players need to be the "soldier" class from Zeus, with the medic and engineer attributes, otherwise we're hobbled if we pull a class that has a toolkit or medikit.

2) The uniform standards need to be expanded to all uniforms for a related faction, pilot overalls, ghillie suits, etc.

3) The up-armored tank variants, both of the Rhino and the Slammer, should be available to NATO.

11 hours ago, target_practice said:

Was the Airbase owned and connected at that time?

I'm also quite sure that somewhere on the UI it says that aircraft as dispatched to the nearest appropriate sector.

I think sector cap was in progress. The message is shown on screen but by then it is too late to cancel. Why Air Station Mike-26 anyway? Why not my base?  Why an enemy controlled sector and not friendly?

When I start game, do hostiles spawn instantly or when I'm near sector?

Could I customize spawning radius?

It is important for performance.

Good Afternoon! first of all I would like to say this is an amazing game mode and I am beyond happy you have made it.

I was playing only with AI and the only problem that I see is that once the AI finds your base and votes on it they won't stop attacking that one place for the rest of the game while the other teams AI continues to vote on other locations around the map. I feel like for this reason alone it would be good to have a Voter reset (as I play with AI voting) maybe every 30 mins just so that the AI has a chance to re evaluate its options and take other sectors so that it doesnt fall behind in CP compared to the team which is continuing to capture other sectors. Would love to know your thoughts! I truly believe that this would help the game mode a lot. especially for SP players. (It seems to me that this game mode can be just as fun and a little less serious in singleplayer/ lan) 

2 hours ago, HazJ said:

I think sector cap was in progress. The message is shown on screen but by then it is too late to cancel. Why Air Station Mike-26 anyway? Why not my base?  Why an enemy controlled sector and not friendly?

It was still BLUFOR controlled when I saw it come in, and neither HQ on Stratis has a helipad.

Still not the point I'm making. I have played Stratis before and it dropped at the BLUFOR base. Still would be nice to see a pre-message and final confirmation option. Air Station Mike-26 doesn't have an actual heli pad anyway?

@Jezuro Thoughts?

Well it has an open space large enough to land a chopper, and given that it acts as a focal point along with the Airbase, it makes sense to give it some value.

Well the BLUFOR base is an actual outpost with LZ too? Anyway, I don't care where it spawns, it would just be nice to select or at least give prompt / confirmation first so you know where it drops. If you have say 5 points controlled and all are suitable for heli drop then how am I suppose to know where it goes except until after the drop request is done (by that time it is too late). Anyway, this is getting boring, explaining over and over. Not sure what you don't understand about the suggestion?

any plans to make the AAF configurable? so we are able to select what faction are defending un captured sectors? 
for modders and mission creators i mean. 

for example RHS GREF would be fantastic 

• Like 1

I also noticed, that the AI playable characters dont want to really request vehicles, or planes etc. 
they just kinda stick with infantry attacks all the time. 

[suggestion] FOR AI playable characters, instead of a vehicle being dropped empty maybe make it so they come occupied, as for helicopter and plane requests. make them spawn right out the map and spawn occupied. 
I understand the planes landing and becoming empty for human players but AI dont need them to become empty. Not sure if this is possible or not (hope i made sense, if not let me know and ill go in depth)

However this is the most fun ive had with a community in ages. people work together its great. 
met some cool people last night 

Great mission! Really, really cool! :)

I would love to see a "vehicle lock" function. After spawning it, I need to be able to unlock my vehicle from my action menu (without being close to the vehicle) before getting in/ordering AI to get in. Simply for "other players fuck it up for me" purposes. 

15 hours ago, HazJ said:

Can you make it so players must confirm the drop location for helicopters.

It is possible this will be added, yes.

5 hours ago, AegisWolf said:

The uniform standards need to be expanded to all uniforms for a related faction, pilot overalls, ghillie suits, etc.

You will be able to wear any uniform that you normally could in sandbox in the next patch.

3 hours ago, UNIT_normal said:

When I start game, do hostiles spawn instantly or when I'm near sector?

Assets are spawned only if their sector is targeted by someone.

3 hours ago, Marzeman said:

I feel like for this reason alone it would be good to have a Voter reset

You can enable this in the scenario Parameters in the lobby.

1 hour ago, Tyl3r99 said:

any plans to make the AAF configurable?

You can configure all competing factions in the Init module, just rewrite the faction classnames there.

9 minutes ago, megagoth1702 said:

I would love to see a "vehicle lock" function.

Also possible in the future I hope.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

You will be able to wear any uniform that you normally could in sandbox in the next patch.

How are patches handled? Say you make several changes to the Warlords game mode - Will a new version number be assigned or just rev number? I assume you plan to continue to work on Warlords and not just on official patches?

Any changes made to warlords will have to be distributed through standard Arma 3 patch/update process in Steam.

1 minute ago, Jezuro said:

Any changes made to warlords will have to be distributed through standard Arma 3 patch/update process in Steam.

I was hoping you had an alternative plan. Does this mean that updates to WL are going to be rare? Based on how often A3 patches get released. You could always keep 1.86 and change the rev number (1.86.xx) as mentioned above so that updates, etc keep on flowing.