Good news.  Version 8 has been released.    Just bug fixes in this one:

Changelog:

V 8.0

- Changed: Reverted Peshmerga MRAP texture to default.  Unhappy how it looked.
- Fixed: Errors created by Apex release and CUP updates
- Fixed: Error in random gear script

Grab it here and enjoy the ackbars once again  B)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/di9akh71laaic0a/%40ISC_v08.7z

• Like 3

Thanks for the update accuracy! Maybe keep the MRAP texture in case you ever decide to add Peshmerga special forces in the future? :P

Anyway, keep us updated on the mod's progress!

Accuracy thanks!!!

Hey so, I'm going to be honest. I'm a bit hesitant to commit to the mod at the moment if you 100% plan on changing mod requirements or if there's any risk on missions made from this point forward breaking after your next update.

Have you settled on where you ideally plan on taking this or is that still up-in-the-air right now?

No pressure on a reply, especially if you haven't given it much thought recently. I figured I'd at least ask before I commit to the faction again knowing the future of the mod requirements could change.

Good news.  Version 8 has been released.    Just bug fixes in this one:

Changelog:

V 8.0

- Changed: Reverted Peshmerga MRAP texture to default.  Unhappy how it looked.
- Fixed: Errors created by Apex release and CUP updates
- Fixed: Error in random gear script

Grab it here and enjoy the ackbars once again  B)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/di9akh71laaic0a/%40ISC_v08.7z

I'm getting messages when opening the file saying its corrupted. And nice work!

Thank your for the fixes, accuracythruvolume!

I just played for the first time since the update.  ISIS units have American accents. Has anybody else noticed that or is it just me??

I just played for the first time since the update.  ISIS units have American accents. Has anybody else noticed that or is it just me??

APEX broke the older version.  Did you update to the latest version?

Accuracy thanks!!!

Hey so, I'm going to be honest. I'm a bit hesitant to commit to the mod at the moment if you 100% plan on changing mod requirements or if there's any risk on missions made from this point forward breaking after your next update.

Have you settled on where you ideally plan on taking this or is that still up-in-the-air right now?

No pressure on a reply, especially if you haven't given it much thought recently. I figured I'd at least ask before I commit to the faction again knowing the future of the mod requirements could change.

Actually I'm leaning on moving the vehicles to an optional folder that will contain either massi's, CUP, or maybe even RHS.   Then players would have the option to choose whatever they want.   The new BI rpg7 will damage RHS tanks.  Might take a few shots on the newer ones though   :ph34r:

• Like 2

Actually I'm leaning on moving the vehicles to an optional folder that will contain either massi's, CUP, or maybe even RHS.   Then players would have the option to choose whatever they want.   The new BI rpg7 will damage RHS tanks.  Might take a few shots on the newer ones though   :ph34r:

That would be great. It'd cut down on dependencies, which is always a good thing. Especially if you chose to switch to using only RHS weapons. One reason I'm not using this mod now is that it makes both CUP and RHS a dependency, which is a bit much, not to mention leads to a lot of duplicates.

Indeed, if you did that, this pack could be the solution to RHS' lack of middle-eastern units. Take look at the new "RHS GREF" pack, too. There's a bunch of stuff in there you might want to use. Bolt-action rifles, for example.

for the iraqi MI 24, you could use the skin in TKOH...........

HuNP-UcMvkoJr_VBFsRt4rsFV1-oFIiGwi0hfw7b

That flag on the Mi-24 would be wrong though. It is the pre-2003 war Iraqi flag, not the current one.

Hello good sirs. I'm going to be honest here and admit that i'm new to arma3. So i apologize if i say anything stupid or ignorant regarding the game/mod. I have Arma Apex and i love playing this mod on the eden editor. But it irritates me that i couldn't use my own custom loadouts and my unit's gear keeps on resetting to any random equipment. I've already tried a lot of fixes and i'm still learning about scripting and stuff. But before i do all of that stuff, i just want to ask, is it because this mod is outdated and needs to update to the current 1.62 version of Arma to keep up with the editor? Or is it the editor's doing and i have to fiddle with the script to make my custom loadout consistent? I hope i'm making sense here and i hope someone helps me clarify this out.  :)

Yeah, I suggest as much as possible to use default in-game gear as the Apex update has brought some RPGs and AKs rifles.

I suggest not to, as it'd make it dependent on Apex, which not everyone owns (and wants to own, given the quality of the campaign). Besides, RHS weapons are better, Apex ones have some quality issues (not to mention some are modeled after airsoft guns...).

Yeah something funky happened with the APEX update.  The only fix I was able to put in place was to use setSpeaker on their randomization script.  It sees my language but using the setIdentites in their config stopped working for whatever reason.

I'm not seeing the problem with default heads.  I just tested it in VR

--ATV

The "Akbar" voices adds a lot to realism. Great work there!! any chance to get them every time units use RPGs, grenades? (remember an OLD mod for Operation Flashpoint that screams it every time RPG was fired and was so fun) Thanks a LOT for the MOD  B)

The "Akbar" voices adds a lot to realism. Great work there!! any chance to get them every time units use RPGs, grenades? (remember an OLD mod for Operation Flashpoint that screams it every time RPG was fired and was so fun) Thanks a LOT for the MOD  B)

And louder too!!

And louder too!!

Agree! ^_^  Sometimes intense action don't let you hear them well... thanks!

I'll look into the volume levels.   Needs to be kept in the realm of realistic.

I'm redoing the configs.  In the next version, the mod will support vanilla and a couple RHS vehicles by default, and then players will have the option to use massi or CUP vehicles, or even both at the same time.   Future plan is to include a full spread of RHS ones, but that will have to wait until the problem of differing damage models can be mitigated.

Work continues...

• Like 5

Thanks accuracythruvolume  :P  for the reply and status reports. Those additions are great news. Maybe you can have one "hollywood option" with lots of loud screams and other one with realistic volume , but I think is too much asking  :unsure:  I enjoy your mod so much, play always with it. Thanks!!

Since the beginning of this mod I was interested in attaching flags to the IS vehicles.  However this breaks compatibility with alive.   I have now decided to include this in, I will simply not create any groups for the variants of the vehicles that will have the flags.  Like the t-34, these will have to be placed manually in your missions.   Here's the first one working:

IS_offroad_flag_zpsm7oairvc.png

I plan on doing a full compliment of them with several factions.   Inspirations came from looking at some recent pics of the YPG and man do those guys love to advertise.   Anyone know if .paa supports an alpha channel?  Maybe I could fake their triangular flag.

Work continues...

• Like 5