outstanding additions!

Accuracy...have you thought about reducing your dependencies and going strictly CUP or RHS or Massi or do you think you'll be sticking with all 3 for the near future?  I know you did the only infantry version, just curious if you thought about doing a full version with only 1 of the "big" mod packs as a dependency.

Love the addition of the Humvees, etc. to this mod.

War_lord has it right.  Iraqi Army are in the works.  However I just noticed the "Chocolate chip"pattern is way out of scale.  That shall be fixed.

I've contemplated for awhile the conumdrum of massi's vehicles and RHS ones.   I'm unsure if I want to make any dependency changes as it means duping alot of work and means people would need some other mod.

That said, I have given CUP vehicles a looking into, since they replicate massi's work, most of the custom textures should move right over.  I already asked the CUP team about reskins and they are kosher with that.

Once the core factions are completed (with Iraqi army and police the last planned ones) then I'll look more into dependencies.

• Like 2

Looks great! Keep us feeding some sneak peeks ;) Those Humvees are much needed!

Wow Accuracy, I didn't realize you jumped into Mod Making.  It's been too long since I ran with the Arf crew. 
I'm in another realism unit now, and if I can convince them to get some dependent mods I would love to use these guys at some point.

We have a huge mod list already, and for some reason they really dislike the CUP weapons.

War_lord has it right.  Iraqi Army are in the works.  However I just noticed the "Chocolate chip"pattern is way out of scale.  That shall be fixed.

I've contemplated for awhile the conumdrum of massi's vehicles and RHS ones.   I'm unsure if I want to make any dependency changes as it means duping alot of work and means people would need some other mod.

That said, I have given CUP vehicles a looking into, since they replicate massi's work, most of the custom textures should move right over.  I already asked the CUP team about reskins and they are kosher with that.

Once the core factions are completed (with Iraqi army and police the last planned ones) then I'll look more into dependencies.

Yeah just @cup would be enough as they have more options available than RHS.

Massi has a lot of factions already with his mods out there and for RHS we have leights.

More units for @CUP would be awesome.

I don't know, the CUP assets are awesome but RHS has some of the best weapons in Arma right now. I do think shifting to just RHS and CUP would be a good shout but dumping RHS isn't such a good call in my opinion. 

My personal feeling on it is that most units are running RHS anyway, so I don't see that as a dependency at all. Only dependency I'm unhappy with is Massi, because CUP is bringing over the same assets and they continually support their stuff. But you do have to watch for the incompatibilities between RHS and CUP pertaining to vehicle damage.   

• Like 1

If you give me a couple of days, as I'm deploying back to Iraq, I can give this Iraqi SOF uniform I've made for your mod?

0r8n4Iv.jpg

• Like 1

@ accuracythruvolume: Could you please change the mod dependencys on PWS to only use the things from CUP it really does need? I mean I'm okay if it needs the weapons, the vehicles and the units. But I somehow find it hard to believe that your modpack really relies that heavily on the almost 8 GB of terrain and terrain assets from the CUP Pack.

Would be really great if you could split it into the smaller CUP packages that are provided on PWS.

Thank you.

Wow Accuracy, I didn't realize you jumped into Mod Making.  It's been too long since I ran with the Arf crew. 

I'm in another realism unit now, and if I can convince them to get some dependent mods I would love to use these guys at some point.

We have a huge mod list already, and for some reason they really dislike the CUP weapons.

IM sent.   ;)

If you give me a couple of days, as I'm deploying back to Iraq, I can give this Iraqi SOF uniform I've made for your mod?

0r8n4Iv.jpg

Looks interesting.   Sent me an IM if you are still would like me to use it.  And thank you for your service.

@ accuracythruvolume: Could you please change the mod dependencys on PWS to only use the things from CUP it really does need? I mean I'm okay if it needs the weapons, the vehicles and the units. But I somehow find it hard to believe that your modpack really relies that heavily on the almost 8 GB of terrain and terrain assets from the CUP Pack.

Would be really great if you could split it into the smaller CUP packages that are provided on PWS.

Thank you.

Are you talking about my ARFCOM Repo on PWS?  That is a collection of my own group's mods that we use.  No need for all of that just to play ISC   :o

As far as I can tell, PWS lists the dependencies for ISC as CBA, Massi's vehicles, and CUP weapons.

How are the core factions coming along accuracy? 

Iraqi Army just needs custom textures for the vehicles and they will be gtg.

Iraqi Police have some vehicle textures ready but I'm not set on what uniform to give them.

• Like 1

My personal feeling on it is that most units are running RHS anyway, so I don't see that as a dependency at all. Only dependency I'm unhappy with is Massi, because CUP is bringing over the same assets and they continually support their stuff. But you do have to watch for the incompatibilities between RHS and CUP pertaining to vehicle damage.   

At one point I had swapped all of the launchers for all of the factions to RHS ones, until I saw that they were barely scratching Massi's tanks.  Different damage models.  I reverted back because so far the couple of RHS vehicles that I have used appear to go boom just fine with CUP launchers.

And because why not:  IA HMMWV, also fixed choc chip camo.

IA_Hmmvw_zpsvugzyggr.png

• Like 4

I really like the idea of this mod, the only problem I have with it is the dependencies.

Usually if someone uses RHS they will not use CUP at the same time, vice versa

And having both of them with Massi's vehicles only make it more difficult for the casual player to enjoy the mod

I am stating this in hopes that your mod will get more attention because it looks great and has a promising future

Good luck I hope to use this mod a bit in the future :D

At one point I had swapped all of the launchers for all of the factions to RHS ones, until I saw that they were barely scratching Massi's tanks.  Different damage models.  I reverted back because so far the couple of RHS vehicles that I have used appear to go boom just fine with CUP launchers.

And because why not:  IA HMMWV, also fixed choc chip camo.

IA_Hmmvw_zpsvugzyggr.png

Looking good dude!

Quite an interesing idea for a mod / mission. To pick up a real world conflict, which is still still up-to-date, reminds me about the "Make Arma not war" idea ... Where is the like twice button ?

The latest picture of the HMMWV looks great.

Regards Arkensor

Are you talking about my ARFCOM Repo on PWS?  That is a collection of my own group's mods that we use.  No need for all of that just to play ISC   :o

As far as I can tell, PWS lists the dependencies for ISC as CBA, Massi's vehicles, and CUP weapons.

I meant the ISC mod as the picture should show it has dependencies for @CUP wich is the whole package. Sadly in PWS that means that it will load all the mapdata whenever you try to install it.

cupdep1_zpsmux1kfg2.png

Your cup weapons are not my cup weapons   :blink:

cup_weapons_zpsptziufao.png

aka... you have the entire "community upgrade project" subscribed, and all of the CUP components are dependencies.

Perhaps I can message the PWS admin with the next release and get that changed.

For what it's worth, not many IA units down here in Southern Iraq are wearing 6 colour choc chip, most are wearing 3 colour desert, and MICH helmets, with CIRAS vests with every sort of pouch attached as possible.

Some units are starting to appear with Ops cores , and one unit is sporting "The Punisher" skull spray painted on their helmets and vests. the next time I'm stopped at their checkpoint I will ask if they'll pose for a couple of snaps with me, if we don't have clients with us.

oh and yes, that texture is still available for you if you want it?

• Like 1

Good info to know  road runner.  Curious if the choc chip is less rare everywhere or not.  Plenty of google images of them in that pattern.  Pop me an IM with a dropbox or something with that camo and I'll see if I can include it.

My texture wizard, ghostjaeger, is working on a special camo request by Draey for the Kurds:

Reference image: http://imgur.com/UzHGFlz

MRAP_Camo_zps6kbk2p8n.png

Just have to get the other bits camo'd up as well.

--JS

• Like 2

The turret texture on the RG33 is proving to be a bear.  It's from the HMMWV and I'm unsure how to apply it...investigating...

I'd like to solicit people's opinion on this idea.  The massive amount of uniforms available currently is made possible by cheating.  I use SetObjectTextureGlobal to pick a random camo pattern.   At the time, I didn't want to flood people's VA with over 300 uniforms that were meant for OPFOR.   I thinking I might go back and make a legit config for each uniform, then assign said random uniforms to my units.   This would grant the added bonus of all those uniforms being available to players.

Would the potential catalog of uniforms be used by players?

IS_chestrigs_zpsrfmgbsk2.jpg

I think you should keep it all the same, but take time yourself to pick a dozen variants for each faction for the editor. It could be fun for you. Also, I don't want 300 uniforms in the VA, but I do want the one dude with the camo pants and sweater, because I'm making an IRA mission and IRA and Brits like sweaters. Thank you and goodnight.

Edit: he's not wearing a sweater in the picture. It just looks like a sweater.

That sounds super time consuming for a feature that is by no means vital for this mod. It is great as it is, i'd keep it like this. Are you doing a generic Kurdish faction or a Peshmerga and a YPG/SDF faction separately, if I may aks?

• Like 1

That sounds super time consuming for a feature that is by no means vital for this mod. It is great as it is, i'd keep it like this. Are you doing a generic Kurdish faction or a Peshmerga and a YPG/SDF faction separately, if I may aks?

It may be very time consuming for Accuracy, true. But then, with all those uniforms you could create your own SDF/YPG units with the VA. I don't think Accuracy is working on SDF/YPG as until now, only Peshmerga have been available. I've created my own YPG and Peshmerga special forces using the VA and used them in some missions.

I'd say, if it takes an insane amount of time to implement, it may not be worth it. Maybe add some mechanised/motorised infantry groups (vehicle+infantry units) for all factions instead ;)