CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Russians are putting the AK-12 into production. The new rifle has Tritium Sights.

• Like 1

A few observations:

• FN FAL 50.00 RIS has wrong mapping on buttstock (the regular variant is OK)
  • Klec LMG - it seems that it would be better to rename it to Sa vz.58 Klec, so it would be easier to find (groupped with other vz.58 variants)
  • I'm having a hard time to turn off the random texts/numbers on M1 Abrams and M113 - what are proper values for "clean" vehicles?

3 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:
  • I'm having a hard time to turn off the random texts/numbers on M1 Abrams and M113 - what are proper values for "clean" vehicles?

-2 should disable the labels.

• Like 1

i seem to be missing the ammo types for the m60 tank. I also get an error that says misssing  ".model" . Is anyone else having issues with this?

10 hours ago, oneisdown said:

i seem to be missing the ammo types for the m60 tank. I also get an error that says misssing  ".model" . Is anyone else having issues with this?

Try repairing your installation, specifically Weapons.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Try repairing your installation, specifically Weapons.

This worked for me!  In the Arma Launcher, click the ellipsis (the "..." icon) and select Repair

• Thanks 1

Just a quick question:

Has anyone ever given thought to having a variant of the T-34-85 with a DShKM on a pintle mount? 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:43 AM, Molotnikov'sk said:

Has anyone ever given thought to having a variant of the T-34-85 with a DShKM on a pintle mount? 

Not really, no

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Natacle said:

Is there any way to make the CUP Merlin use the advanced flight model?

If enabling advanced flight model  in the settings doesn't do the trick, then no, it's most likely not configured. Only a couple of our helicopters have it, it's a PITA to set up and almost nobody I know uses it, definitely no one on the team.

• Thanks 1

Been a bit since I played around with mods. Does CUP have modern ARs like the urgi or mlok variants?

On 10/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, Blitzen88 said:

Been a bit since I played around with mods. Does CUP have modern ARs like the urgi or mlok variants?

It has modern AR's but not that specific... take a look at "tier 1 weapons" mod for those variants.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:25 PM, Blitzen88 said:

Good point, I still have a couple of MLOK handguards lying around that someone donated... Should put them into the game.

• Like 3

Hi!

Quick question: Is it possible to disable the 2D/3D switching on scopes? My group relies on night vision scopes and red dots for night ops. The ability to just make a scope be able to use night vision by switching to 3D is not exactly what we want.

10 hours ago, DerOlli said:

Hi!

Quick question: Is it possible to disable the 2D/3D switching on scopes? My group relies on night vision scopes and red dots for night ops. The ability to just make a scope be able to use night vision by switching to 3D is not exactly what we want.

Hm, that shouldn't actually influence the functionality at all.
TBH, I don't know if it can be disabled, it's a CBA function, so if there is a toggle for it, it would be there.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, Alwarren said:

Hm, that shouldn't actually influence the functionality at all.
TBH, I don't know if it can be disabled, it's a CBA function, so if there is a toggle for it, it would be there.

To be more specific: Many sights from mods like SPS, 3CB or RKSL function like this: I have my red dot on top of, say, an ACOG and this can be used with NVG´s. Thats fine as NVG´s can be used with most red dots in reality.
Then I have my 4x ACOG that cannot be used with the NVG´s because it would be too hard to see and I probably would smash the sight on the lense of my NVG when trying to look through. These sights have no functionality to switch between 3D and 2D. I can only switch between the Red Dot and the 4x Scope, or whatever type of scope I have.

The trouble is that AFAIK all 3D sights can be used with NVG´s, so having this function makes every consideration about using special night sights obsolete, because players can just switch the sight to 3D and have full night vision functionality. It´s a little frustrating to me because our community already uses the CUP CWS (RDS) and likes it, but we cannot use many of the other scopes because it would make the CWS obsolete.

Please dont think im nitpicking here, we actually love CUP and decided to use it instead of RHS. I just try to give you the perspective of a more Simulation oriented Clan 🙂

Edit: After a little further research on the topic, I found out that red dots, while they can be used with NVG´s are still very awkward to look through. So the best sollution for us might be to just completely disable the use of Night Vision in the Sights via ACE.

Edited by DerOlli
Correction

We're going to talk about it internally. I agree it is an issue, but I wouldn't really want to disable all sights' Night Vision capabilities. It should, however, be possible to disable the 3D scope's ability to use night vision I think. 

The functionality used to switch is part of CBA IIRC, so it might be possible to ask the CBA guys to introduce a server-side setting for disabling switching between 2D and 3D scopes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your answer and the hint about CBA! AFAIK such things are really niche problems that dont bother most people, but hey, we are a niche clan and maybe some others have the same "problems".

I think serverside disabling of Ace Night Vision is our way to go for now, not ideal because you should be able to use your pistol sights and higher raised red dots that sit more forward on the rail, but its always a compromise when you try to go simulation heavy in arma.

As a side note: We use VCOM AI and one of my favourite features is the AIs ability to see IR Lasers and recognize where you are. I dont know if vanilla AI has learned this too in one of the patches. So the cool thing about the vanilla laser is that the Visible Laser is also visible in the IR Spectrum, so there is no way for me to use cheesetactics in a nasty night fight. Sadly the CUP Lasers dont have this feature and the AI does not react to the visible cup lasers when equipped with NVGs.

Are there any plans for any new DMR / Sniper rifles ? Something like the SVDK , VSSK or a Barrett MRAD ?

23 hours ago, Faocone1213 said:

Hey, loving the new Ratnik AK's in the latest dev build, actually got an audible gasp out of me.

Hehe nice to hear.

I'll look into it. Need to see if I can bend the 5.45 magazine into shape, it worked reasonably well with the AK-19 mag.

Also whether we may see the carbine variants for each Ratnik AK in the future?  

No idea if that is going to be in the maintenance update, but yeah, carbines are planned, as is versions with the older (but cooler looking) furniture, and probably RPK-16.

• Like 2

While we're at the topic of magazines - the AR-15 mags are not sitting deep enough in the mag well (especially noticeable with the PMAG reinforcement ribs not being nowhere near the receiver)

EDiT: Russian Army vertical grip for AK-12 and modified AK-74M is the 6Ch64 (6Ч64) not the collapsing one that was used by some SF units as private purchase before stubby grips became the new gucchi thing.

• Like 1