CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Love this mod. Been hyping my community about it since the first announce of this..They're getting tired of me by now but I ain't stopping ;)

How many people are actively working on cup content? The first post shows an active-team list but I think a few of those names are people exclusively working on cup_terrains (which has its own thread so I'd like to exclude it from here :P)

In this exact moment, six to eight devs for Weapons, Vehicles and Units IIRC. But two have currently no internet, and one of those two is exclusively working on units. So... yes, we are a bit short of devs atm.
To give a brief idea what is going on and why it takes a lot of time: Depending on the knowlage and experience of the dev it can take up to five days to get a vehicle A3 ready with the basic stuff.

Then the "fine tuning" begins, like improving animations (usable doors...) for example. This might also take up to three days or even more. Once the vehicle is "cool" the testing begins and the really weird bugs occur and getting fixed.

So from my perspective, and i am not really experienced, it takes round about 8-10 days to get a vehicle beta release ready. And there are a lot more to be done ;)

Soooo.... Join the dark side of CUP!

(We have cookies)

• Like 4

In this exact moment, six to eight devs for Weapons, Vehicles and Units IIRC. But two have currently no internet, and one of those two is exclusively working on units. So... yes, we are a bit short of devs atm.

To give a brief idea what is going on and why it takes a lot of time: Depending on the knowlage and experience of the dev it can take up to five days to get a vehicle A3 ready with the basic stuff.

Then the "fine tuning" begins, like improving animations (usable doors...) for example. This might also take up to three days or even more. Once the vehicle is "cool" the testing begins and the really weird bugs occur and getting fixed.

So from my perspective, and i am not really experienced, it takes round about 8-10 days to get a vehicle beta release ready. And there are a lot more to be done ;)

Soooo.... Join the dark side of CUP!

(We have cookies)

I see....I was working on improving HAFM UAZ's like half a year ago. Managed to add windows that roll down and allow for FFV, as well as an option to take the soft top off. That and some serious config changes because my god..the handling...but yeah I've been considering to join you guys and contribute that UAZ perhaps but for some retarded reason, days only have 24 hours in them and I don't have much free time these days :(

Cookies though....so tempting :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

So all of the sounds are from JSRS for vehicles also? Great work on the Jackal.

Thx.

No, sounds are not from JSRS anymore. Due lack of quality and compatibility to the new sound engine / guntail system they had to be completely reworked and new designed. Missing at the moment are handgun sounds and most of the vehicle weapons. A lot of vehicles use costom vehicle sounds already, and the remaining vehicles and weapons will get new sounds when needed and over time.

GUYSS!!! I figured out a fall back method in RTMS for problem doors in CUP and other custom maps/buildings. Its really strange, but seems to be working very well. Basically, I wont have to add problem house classes to a list anymore. Its working with everything. The problem doors are not being hidden for no reason now.

Shouldn't the steam pages say it requires CBA_A3 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997instead of ASDG_JR?

Fixed, thx for the info.

Here a little brainfart / proof of concept, not sure if it's going to make it to the release. What do you think?

Hilux ZU23 Mount

3HUaEE2.png

• Like 9

Yes! What is possible also,is adding C-ram the same way:CIWS is a great base defence asset.Put it on a Hemmit non-covered truck .All it needs is better Fx-  and explosive ammo.

A way to link Sam-sites together will also come in handy.Some wat to sling-load CIWS will be useful.

Well...

Let's focus on insurgents and rebels first ;D
Since Arma is lacking of tacticals and variations of them, i was thinking of combining assets who where in arma already. Like the Hilux and the ZU23. The C-RAM HEMTT might be something for later on. I might be wrong, but the mobile C-RAM was not in use during cold war and also not in iraq / afghanistan. IMO this is something for the actual A3 futuristic szenario and not really CUP.

• Like 1

Speaking of trucks with AA;They need some way to use a menu/button- to choose wich ones to order to Hold Fire .I want to decide who does the shooting .And a way to tapp into what the AA-guys can see,a camera to show gunner .Maybe a slot for a tablet for remote-control of cars with big guns/CIWS or mortars?

Personally liking the jeep with zu23's, although I can imagine it ending up a bit like this guy ^^.
There's a lot of "creative" stuff out there so I'd say anything is fair game. I mean... how far do they want to take this? :P

In any case, really excited at all the teaser shots, really looking forward to them :D.

Personally liking the jeep with zu23's, although I can imagine it ending up a bit like this guy ^^.

I did some testing with a launcher equiped tactical like in your clip. The behavior is almost the same. ATM the vehicle ends up falling to pieces. This picture is taken right before the car flips over to the side :D

JLiUyM1.png

• Like 8

Brings a whole new meaning to getting "fired".

Im sure they will do, but as you can imagine its not a simply task to separate the vest from an Arma2 model for Arma3.

I don't doubt that, in fact I'm pretty amazed that it works at all since you pretty much have to fill in the whole torso of the model. I was just wondering about the textures only, because even the Arma 2 ones look a bit rough compared to even the more LQ Arma 3 things. They're of 2008 vintage of course, I am only wondering if at some point there'll be some kind of drive for texture improvement, for example after certain main factions are ingame?

I am happy either way, especially since these guntrucks above are being experimented with, and new stuff is always pretty great to get. I really have a ton of respect for the work these guys do, I wouldn't have it in me to put in that much work over such a long time.

Virtual, you should probably ask in the cup_terrains thread....I personally would expect them too though.

Anyway, I'm seeing pictures of technicals...even though some look silly, please don't remove them ^^ ArmA needs those technicals...I f***ing hate MRAPs.

Keep up that good work.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Fixed, thx for the info.

Here a little brainfart / proof of concept, not sure if it's going to make it to the release. What do you think?

Hilux ZU23 Mount3HUaEE2.png

Put a atgm on one.

Virtual, you should probably ask in the cup_terrains thread....I personally would expect them too though.

Anyway, I'm seeing pictures of technicals...even though some look silly, please don't remove them ^^ ArmA needs those technicals...I f***ing hate MRAPs.

Keep up that good work.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

But you have to make them look good?

But you have to make them look good?

What do you mean by look good? The pictures I've seen so far look good ^^

What do you mean by look good? The pictures I've seen so far look good ^^

I thought u were saying by they look silly meaning it looks crapy. Sry i misinterpreted it

I don't doubt that, in fact I'm pretty amazed that it works at all since you pretty much have to fill in the whole torso of the model. I was just wondering about the textures only, because even the Arma 2 ones look a bit rough compared to even the more LQ Arma 3 things. They're of 2008 vintage of course, I am only wondering if at some point there'll be some kind of drive for texture improvement, for example after certain main factions are ingame?

Shameless self-advertisement:

This model I had to partially retexture, and I did so for others like Force Recon's Miles woodland shirt. But doing this for all is out of question right now. I'm the only one working on infantry.

• Like 1