CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I would LOVE Mando Missiles to work in Arma3 .... one of the best mods to play with.  I've tried contacting Mandoble, but I think he left a long time ago :(

I would LOVE Mando Missiles to work in Arma3 .... one of the best mods to play with.  I've tried contacting Mandoble, but I think he left a long time ago :(

Exactly the problem. :( Beyond that one post in 2014 I don't think he's been on since before DayZ went public, not even to transfer rights to someone else... and to what degree someone can remake the idea without "infringing on author's rights" (or doing whatever ACE3 does in this vein) I'm not sure...

As long as you don't directly copy code, or assets it should be ok. The principles or IP belong to BIS. It's the PBO's and the physical work created that cannot be re-used without permission.... IIRC.

i.e. if someone wanted to "re-create" the idea and started from scratch that would be fine.

Hence my curiosity... it's one thing to try and reinvent the wheel (albeit out of necessity), but the ability to do it without really resembling his code enough to make IP rights look fuzzy... I've always found that tricky to intuit when it comes to script-based mods versus stuff with in-game assets (i.e. custom GUIs or models).

By the way, I know it's been two months since that release and it's already linked in the OP, but how are you guys who've been following this thread liking CUP Units?

I decided to put together a raw showcase gallery with all the vehicles sorted by faction, we're almost there:

SO. GOOD.  :wub:

We have a few vehicles already halfway done (Bradley, Vodnik, Venom, Merlin HC-3, UH-1H, etc...).

Then there's the BMP family, the Warrior IFV and another British vehicle given to us from the community.

Also i would like to switch the harrier with my standalone version, as i haven't had time to do that yet.

• Like 2

are the UH-1Y, xH-6 (maybe a collaboration with the MELB/160th teams) and the Ka-52 in the scope? 

are the UH-1Y, xH-6 (maybe a collaboration with the MELB/160th teams) and the Ka-52 in the scope? 

UH-1Y is done, Ka-52 is still WIP and connections to the MELB guys are made. We are waiting for their data and hopefully receive it once they released v1.0

• Like 4

Sorry to bother you - will the white Sedan be part of the mod too? I didn't see it in your pictures, Chairborne.

200px-Arma2_sedan.jpg

Sorry to bother you - will the white Sedan be part of the mod too? I didn't see it in your pictures, Chairborne.

200px-Arma2_sedan.jpg

Not ready yet.

The skoda should be WIP though, along with the SUV and probably a handful of other civvie vehicles.

• Like 2

They look great! I can't wait. Will there be any additions to the units with the vehicles update?

What is the British Vehicle or is it a secret?

TOP SEKRIT!!! :D

I'll just give you a hint, it has tracks.

What was someone saying about MELB and 160th SOAR are you working with them? If so could you talk about what we can expect from the Little bird.

I decided to put together a raw showcase gallery with all the vehicles sorted by faction, we're almost there:

...no Tunguska yet?  :(

What was someone saying about MELB and 160th SOAR are you working with them? If so could you talk about what we can expect from the Little bird.

Like i said before, we are in contact with the devs of MELB mod. And according to their response to our request we will receive their work once they released v1.0 and consider their work as finished. There is no date set and we also don't pressure them. It will happen when it happens.

Btw, i think it might be the time to get a little bit #hyped ;)

D8FTLE8.png

• Like 3