CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

What kind of standard have you used to make vehicles and weapons to have roughly realistic armor/AT damage interactions, or have you even focused on that yet ?

Is the source content available upon request for the new vehicles pack? 

Thanks for new releases. One completely insignificant note though, in CUP Vehicles 1.0.0 mod.cpp, tooltipOwned = "Community Upgrade Project Vehicle 1.2.1"; should state 1.0.

Thx for the info, will be fixed in next update.

What kind of standard have you used to make vehicles and weapons to have roughly realistic armor/AT damage interactions, or have you even focused on that yet ?

Vanilla values for now. might be changed over time, not sure if it hits next update.

Is the source content available upon request for the new vehicles pack? 

We are working on a way to release souce repos.

Does this include the F-35B?

Not in v1.0, maybe in v1.1

i want to use the boats only, but when i extract them, i get errors, how do i stop this? errors are "model" and something to do with the m2 50.cal, as it look likes this pack is modular 

Hi CUP Team,

congratulations for the release, I was waiting it a lot...

I know that CUPvehicles is just came out so bug here and there are obvious and need time to be fixed...

But I' having a critical bug with ACE , when I host an MP mission after the role selection This message pop up and the mission exit:

ACE_CUP.Pbo is outdated

I m using mod from PW6 (Cup and ACE )

Are you already Warned about this???

Thank you again 4 your work!!

Amazing work, we still need more air vehicle guys, unfortunately, the modules included in this mod already exist on other ones (Including the RHS).

We need,

the Mil Mi-28 Havoc.

the F-15C

the SU-47 berkut

add more factions to the game including the Chinese new aircrafts such as the J-20

Thank you :)

Amazing work, we still need more air vehicle guys, unfortunately, the modules included in this mod already exist on other ones (Including the RHS).

We need,

the Mil Mi-28 Havoc.
the F-15C
the SU-47 berkut
add more factions to the game including the Chinese new aircrafts such as the J-20

CUP is a port mod, none of those are in the previous games

however the F15 is being made by firewill 

I don't see the Strykers anywhere... :(
Are they in anyway in your future the plans?

Thx for the great mod guys. This is really a community upgrade!

i want to use the boats only, but when i extract them, i get errors, how do i stop this? errors are "model" and something to do with the m2 50.cal, as it look likes this pack is modular 

Packs not modular, see previous posts or Armaholic requirements.

Hi CUP Team,

congratulations for the release, I was waiting it a lot...

I know that CUPvehicles is just came out so bug here and there are obvious and need time to be fixed...

But I' having a critical bug with ACE , when I host an MP mission after the role selection This message pop up and the mission exit:

ACE_CUP.Pbo is outdated

I m using mod from PW6 (Cup and ACE )

Are you already Warned about this???

Thank you again 4 your work!!

Remove the ACE_CUP.pbo it's outdated.

Packs not modular, see previous posts or Armaholic requirements.

Remove the ACE_CUP.pbo it's outdated.

...I had just try it ....removing the ace optional, removing cup vehicles...the problem is not happening disabling Ace or using old cup weapon and units

Are You able to play with ace and last cup ???

You confirm that it works ??

If so...maybe the problem is in my file...

thanks for feedback

...............................................wait

maybe the file You are talking about are on @cup weapon?and not inside a@ace optional

sorry

Definately something wrong...

19:01:09 [ACE] (common) ERROR: File ace_cup_weapons_ace_compat.pbo is outdated.

...but I dont even have it installed... only compat files I have in ace are for RHS.

Ace v3.3.2

Must be a CUP issue, because removing "CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat.pbo" seems to "solve" the problem..

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2788

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2788#issuecomment-151196489

So fucking amazing. I simply love the cup packages! What a great job you guys did. SO happy :D

But...

Didn't see any sign of RichardsD's open source Navistar Maxxpro. Did you guys decide to not adopt it to CUP? Would be sad, its a real nice vehicle/mod, and he made all the files a gift to the community - with the permission to use it (as mentioned earlier) - as well as his 2 other vehicle mods ;)

SO... changing the topic.  I want to get my stuff ported into A3 and I was waiting for the v1 of the CUP to do this.  It would seem that day has arrived.  Do you guys have a list of the root configs, or should I just d/l and open up the config.cpp files to understand what classes to use as Parents for my stuff to use for inheritance???

NO FUCKING WAY! pls... dont say we're getting your SSBM and your SAM packages for ArmA III...................... and the TU-95/TU-142 and the other stuff..... maybe even in CUP???? THAT would be the day I die because the amount of happiness is too damn high!!!

We need,

the Mil Mi-28 Havoc.
the F-15C
the SU-47 berkut

We're focused on vanilla Arma II content (plus DLC and Expansion), but we do accept donnations by other modders for inclusion. However, we're not doing them ourselves (not yet at any rate)

Getting this when I try to place units in editor! Any idea?

5NPoiOb.jpg

What vehicle are you placing there ? 

Any other mods loaded ?

I don't see the Strykers anywhere... :(

Are they in anyway in your future the plans?

I think we said it a thousand times :D :

Eventually, ALL content of Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead, BAF, PMC and ACR will be in CUP, plus some extras like some stuff from Arma 1, and ToH, plus some donated stuff, plus some other stuff, like re-textures of existing vehicles for other factions (FIA T-72, anybody?) and so on.

But we are commited to bring all vanilla content that has been in Arma 2 to Arma 3

• Like 2

Definately something wrong...

19:01:09 [ACE] (common) ERROR: File ace_cup_weapons_ace_compat.pbo is outdated.

...but I dont even have it installed... only compat files I have in ace are for RHS.

Ace v3.3.2

Must be a CUP issue, because removing "CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat.pbo" seems to "solve" the problem..

Can confirm this, removing CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat.pbo, fixes it.

OK, to clear some things up:

Q:

Why is Unit X and Vehicle Y not in the packs????ßßß???ß?ß???

A:
It is not ported yet, simple as it is. But it will be as long as it is arma vanilla content.

Q:

When can we expect the next update?
A:
When the time is right. We don't set deatlines like "In 3 weeks we have to release X,Y,Z and in 5 weeks A,B,C...". We work on this in our free time, and if we don't have it, work get's delayed until we have time again.
Releases happen when we feel like it is time (hotfixes excluded).

Q:

Are you also porting non vanilla mods like................
A:
No... Maybe... It's classified...
If we receive donations or contributions from arma 2 modders we consider porting / including them to CUP, but with a very low priority (like Maxxpro). They will come eventually, but not very soon.

Q:
I want to use the ...... Vehicles only, but when i extract them, i get errors.
A:

Not as easy as it seems. Weapons, Units and Vehicles are "sort of" modular. This means you can use either weapons, weapons and units or weapons, units and vehicles.
The reason is they all share content. It is possible to extract single PBOs from vehicles, as long as they don't have weapons or other dependencies. If they do, you need to dig deeper and know what you are doing.

VERY IMPORTANT:

Ace bug will be fixed with Hotpatch rolling out someday this week.

5NPoiOb.jpg

- Weapons and Units up to date (you need both)?

- Deleted previous installations of CUP content before Installing the mods?

- What other mods are you running along with CUP?

• Like 2

We need,

the Mil Mi-28 Havoc.
the F-15C
the SU-47 berkut

I need a hundred billion trillion dollars, maybe we can meet halfway? :rolleyes:

5NPoiOb.jpg

Does it happen with a specific aircraft? I'd say maybe your version of arma is outdated or there is something else conflicting with CUP.

@hcpookie: :wub:  would love to get my hands on that stuff, join skype or discord and we can see how we can go about it.

I need a hundred billion trillion dollars, maybe we can meet halfway? :rolleyes:

I can give you

Very nice work!

Very nice quality, can't wait to see more!

And thanks for the new additions, such as the Super Stallion!

(BTW, now you have the model, will you consider making a Pave Lowe?)

However, on the planes, the canon fires too much on the left of the visor.

Can you check it out please?

Thanks!

OK, to clear some things up:

Q:

Why is Unit X and Vehicle Y not in the packs????ßßß???ß?ß???

A:

It is not ported yet, simple as it is. But it will be as long as it is arma vanilla content.

Q:

When can we expect the next update?

A:

When the time is right. We don't set deatlines like "In 3 weeks we have to release X,Y,Z and in 5 weeks A,B,C...". We work on this in our free time, and if we don't have it, work get's delayed until we have time again.

Releases happen when we feel like it is time (hotfixes excluded).

Q:

Are you also porting non vanilla mods like................

A:

No... Maybe... It's classified...

If we receive donations or contributions from arma 2 modders we consider porting / including them to CUP, but with a very low priority (like Maxxpro). They will come eventually, but not very soon.

Q:

I want to use the ...... Vehicles only, but when i extract them, i get errors.

A:

Not as easy as it seems. Weapons, Units and Vehicles are "sort of" modular. This means you can use either weapons, weapons and units or weapons, units and vehicles.

The reason is they all share content. It is possible to extract single PBOs from vehicles, as long as they don't have weapons or other dependencies. If they do, you need to dig deeper and know what you are doing.

You migth wanna add this to the OP. ;)