solzenicyn

Weapon Resting & Deployment Feedback

Also a lot of building windows don't appear to be configured yet. Especially the more modern ones + crane + building site.

I can confirm this.

+ I hope the trg gets a bipod since its bipod compatible in real life.

I can confirm this.

+ I hope the trg gets a bipod since its bipod compatible in real life.

I hope everything that may improve the TRG to be added to the game.

Katiba can't really have a rail attached bipod - that from the pic is the old KH2002 that has a special bipod mounted similar like FAMAS has

TRG needs a special mount to attach a bipod , also don't expect every weapon having a bipod - the Mk20 won't be using it too

I tried out the deployment just now in virtual arsenal, the effect of deployment is quite enjoyable.

There is a slight bug that when you deploy while prone on ground, the sway is actually much greater than when you deploy on those small obstacles near by.

Looking forward to the release of the DLC :D

I ran around Altis, in the vicinity of Zaros, checking where i could deploy. I took some screenshots for those interested. http://imgur.com/a/Gj4ig

Excellent work! The 2nd and the 3rd pic is the bug that i reported.

Heh! on goats! It's even possible to deploy on your fellow humans!

GbXjGPQg.jpg"]GbXjGPQg.jpg[/url]

It would seem (from my testing) that windows that contain breakable glass currently cannot be deployed upon. Hopefully this will be added eventually.

Is it just me, or should weapon deployment and full bipod deployment be seperate controls as it makes little sense to deploy bipods on a fellow human,

also if you wanted more cover you would deploy the weapon and not the bipods ?

Is it just me, or should weapon deployment and full bipod deployment be seperate controls as it makes little sense to deploy bipods on a fellow human,

also if you wanted more cover you would deploy the weapon and not the bipods ?

From what I understand the design devs' decision for bipods was that they 'simply' give more of a benefit (read: bonus) to the weapon's stability instead of being treated as inherently different, doesn't seem like their thinking had any room for "a human exception​".

That nice animation blending could be used in future for AI dynamic stances. It would make them much more efficient at taking cover. Just dreaming...

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out in detail, but deploying with Bipods places the Bipods on most things decently, given it's place holder. But deploying without bipods, makes your gun float because it's still using the bipods resting position. Shouldn't mean there should be two different memory points with and without bipods, so that the fun would more be resting with say, it's barrel and not floating?

As the two gentlemen above already stated, I too think the AI doesn't need this at all, the gameplay would gain no benefits of it, but quite the opposite I think.

Scripted solution of course would be very welcome for the community to utilize as they please.

AI is not using weapon deployment.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out in detail, but deploying with Bipods places the Bipods on most things decently, given it's place holder. But deploying without bipods, makes your gun float because it's still using the bipods resting position. Shouldn't mean there should be two different memory points with and without bipods, so that the fun would more be resting with say, it's barrel and not floating?

Weapons without bipods have a special memory point that is used for deployment. It is currently offset a bit from the weapon to prevent clipping arms and elbows through obstacles.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Also a lot of building windows don't appear to be configured yet. Especially the more modern ones + crane + building site.

Yes, we are currently testing all the windows so we can fix them.

available again on todays DEV branch : Infantry KOTH , 1st person only 94.23.112.9:2202

There are currently issues with deployment after saving:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23141

This seems also to be the case when entering and exiting ZEUS.

Not always reproducible, but the effect is the same, player is unable to do any actions other than go back and forth from deployed state.

EDIT: Wierdly when I ALT -> TABBED back to game after writing this post the effect resolved and I was able to move freely again.

just played a very fun round on the TKOH server, you guys really managed to improve the gun game a lot. It feels a lot better then just a month ago. The recoil, sway and weapon resting is a lot more intuitive and fun, and you don't feel like you are fighting against yourself all the time. All the same you have to be smarter in the way you move and when you get to cover to shoot rested.

having a LMG in the squad did prove very valuable even though I only played with 3 random guys, bounding overwatch worked in the KOTH pvp situation, even though our comms were at best rudimentary.

what I found most "annoying" was the fact that it ist hard to shoot upwards, because in my instances I could not deploy my weapon on rocks to shoot at a target on a hillside, because the weapon tends to glitch into the rock/or still doesnt let me shoot upwards(probably the animation is not possible atm).

AND, what was pretty uncomfortable is reloading while having the weapon deployed on the ground.

because the deployment gets canceled.

When deploying on some obstacle, you can reload and afterwards the weapon will go where it was before reloading.

When reloading while having the gun deployed on the ground, the animation breaks the weapon deployment and also your sight is not where it was when deployed.

Other than that, I can only say: congratulations, very amazing steps were taken to improve the arma3 infantry experience.

ps: that amazing situation before, when we fought pvp against an opfor squad, all with rifles, from streetside to streetside.

then the opfor squad gets an HSMG, and all I can call out is "GET TO COVER", and the boys going prone in our house, and then bullets whizzing over our heads, through windows, penetrating the walls, killing a mate..

this was impossible before weapon resting and fatigue, because shooting was all over the place with sway and random recoil...

just AMAZING <3

I noticed some strange recoil animation behaviour as soon as the weapon is deployed. I think this animation should be disabled when deployed

I noticed some strange recoil animation behaviour as soon as the weapon is deployed. I think this animation should be disabled when deployed

Imo that looks quite pleasurable

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Imo that looks quite pleasurable

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I didn't look at it that way. :D

somehow it feels like theres more sway in bipodded mode now. Why am I swaying so much?

somehow it feels like theres more sway in bipodded mode now. Why am I swaying so much?

I hope they completely remove the sway when rested with bipods. It's especially annoying for sniping far away targets. Also, holding you breath seems to have no effect at all.