evromalarkey

Chernarussian Defence Forces A3 - CDF_A3

3gARn52.png

Version: 1.0

Description:

I would like to introduce you our extension project CDF_A3 for RHS: AFRF. This mod is small and is using mainly retextured units and vehicles from existing projects like RHS: AFRF and RDS. Weapons are used from HLC AK pack.

CDF_A3 contains full CDF faction from Arma 2, minus some vehicles which will come later. Units are using Czech radio protocol as they were using in Arma 2. List of all assets can be found below.

Download: (149 MB)

banner-420x120.png?1422885504

or

GITHUB, ARMAHOLIC, STEAM WORKSHOP

Dependencies: (be aware, some of these mods have also dependencies)

@RHS_AFRF, @RDS_Tank, @CUP

Additional replacement config for HLC and RH weapons: (Dep.: @HLCMODS_AK, @RH_Pistol) - However CUP is still needed for some other weapons (SVD, Strela)!

GOOGLE DRIVE

ASSETS (ZEUS and ALiVE Compatible) - List of classnames can be found here.

UNITS

- as they were in A2

GROUPS

- as they were in A2

UNIFORMS

Combat Fatigues (RHS model)

Ghillie Suit

VESTS

6B23 CDF

6B23 CDF (Rifleman 1)

6B23 CDF (Rifleman 2)

6B23 CDF (Officer)

6B23 CDF (Crew)

6B23 CDF (Engineer)

6B23 CDF (Medic)

HEADGEAR

Helmet (A2 model)

Field Cap (A2 model)

OTHER

Backpack (A2 model)

WEAPONS

AK-47

AK-74

AKS-74

AKS-74 GL

AKS-74U

SVD-P

RPK

PKP

RPG-7

Igla

- and all other from CUP and RHS or HLC

STATIC WEAPONS

AGS-30

D-30

DShKM

DShKM Minitripod

Podnos 2B14

SPG-9

ZU-23

VEHICLES

UAZ

UAZ (Open)

UAZ (DShKM)

UAZ (AGS-30)

UAZ (SPG-9)

Ural

Ural (Open)

Ural (Empty)

Ural (ZU-23)

Ural (Fuel)

Ural (Repair)

Ural (Ammo)

BM-21 Grad

BMP-2

BMP-2 HQ

BMP-2 Ambulance

BRDM-2

BRDM-2 (ATGM)

BRDM-2 (HQ)

BMD-2

BTR-70

T-72

ZSU-23 Shilka

AIRCRAFT

Mi-24P

Mi-24V

Mi-17

Mi-17 (Rockets)

Mi-17 (Medevac)

SU-25

ASCZ TEAM / CONTRIBUTORS

EvroMalarkey - Project lead, Configs

Taurus - Textures, Icons

Kllrt - Model ports

ADDITIONAL CREDITS

Bohemia Interactive - Arma2 Sample Models (textures and models)

RHS team - For RHS AFRF and A2 ports

Reyhard - For RDS and his A2 ports

Toadie - For his outstanding HLC AK pack

IMAGES - using All In Arma Terrain Pack

[table=width: 1200]

[tr]

[td]m2NTO4y.jpg[/td]

[td]WcqFZa8.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]lI788Tt.jpg[/td]

[td]OExe89b.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]IEsmll8.jpg[/td]

[td]P5iRHEg.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

This work is licensed under a Arma Public License Share Alike.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Cool bananas, they look really good. Downloading!

UNITS

- as they were in A2

GROUPS

- as they were in A2

So this is a faithful reproduction of the faction as it existed in A2?

Great job! Are these unit name compatible with A2? Or do we need replacement config for use with AiA which would be awesome.

@Defunkt yes, we tried to made this faction as closed we could to A2. Only some vehicles are missing, like BRDM-2 and armored UAZs, we will add these later.

@Valken at this time no, but it shouldn't be a problem. I could make dummy config for A2 classnames later.

Do you anticipate transitioning to RHS vehicles once they support hidden selections?

It would be great to see the vehicles eventually enjoy the same visual fidelity as the units and weapons.

@Defunkt yes, we tried to made this faction as closed we could to A2.

Nice. This treatment really appeals.

Oh wow, this is an unexpected surprise :D

Also, thanks so much for making this APL-SA - would really like to see this in CUP.

@Defunkt which vehicles exactly do you mean?

@MisterGoodson well, CDF will at some point also be part of CUP. Most of the vehicles are ready for it. The problem here is the infantry, because RHS models are of course better than the A2 ones.

New mod v0.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ASCZ Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

EvroMalarkey, Great idea, thank you. Waiting for missed vehicles. Will you make ChDKz units?

This looks awesome! Can't wait for RHS vehicles!

Any chances of a more modern take on CDF, as it would make sense for them to have acquired basic US weaponry and vehicles.

Holy crap, this is the best CDF mod since Kae's SZ army. I know it's really early to ask, but I'm wondering if the Takistani Army could be recreated too, that would be awesome. Great work, dl'ing now!

This mod pack is fantastic! Not only did you not just reskin units already in Arma 3, but you added the vehicles as well. This is amazing. I really hope you continue to make faction packs for Arma 3 like this. I'm sick and tired of getting crappy reskinned Arma 3 uniforms and no vehicles. I would love to see the Takistan Army, or maybe even the ChDKz even though you said you might not make them. Regardless this is a fantastic pack and I hope you continue to contribute your awesome, and desperately needed work to the Arma 3 community

Neat work! :) Definitely grabbing this.

Looks good man.

Whats up with the dependency for RDS Tank Pack?

Isnt RHS sufficient? (merely out of curiosity)

Any chances of a more modern take on CDF, as it would make sense for them to have acquired basic US weaponry and vehicles.

Maybe in the future, but for now the plan is to make it as it was in Arma 2.

Holy crap, this is the best CDF mod since Kae's SZ army. I know it's really early to ask, but I'm wondering if the Takistani Army could be recreated too, that would be awesome. Great work, dl'ing now!

We actually did this mod, so we could get rid of @kae_sz from our server :D

This mod pack is fantastic! Not only did you not just reskin units already in Arma 3, but you added the vehicles as well. This is amazing. I really hope you continue to make faction packs for Arma 3 like this. I'm sick and tired of getting crappy reskinned Arma 3 uniforms and no vehicles. I would love to see the Takistan Army, or maybe even the ChDKz even though you said you might not make them. Regardless this is a fantastic pack and I hope you continue to contribute your awesome, and desperately needed work to the Arma 3 community

We are actually planning the Takistani Army right now ;) I want to do these factions as close as possible to Arma 2. And I would really like to see some proper ChDKz and NAPA factions, but in the mean time I will probably release our ascz replacement config for CAF Aggressors.

EDIT: here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188459-ASCZ-CAF-AG-Replacement-Config

Looks good man.

Whats up with the dependency for RDS Tank Pack?

Isnt RHS sufficient? (merely out of curiosity)

Well we decided for RDS vehicles, because it was easier to just swap the existing textures for the vehicles that were already there. But we could change the vehicles in the future.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Great Job, i didnt realise the RHS Helicopters used hidden selections. :)

EvroMalarkey, I also like to see NAPA in Arma 3 :) And some questions about CDF : why BMP-2 colour is green like NAPA's in arma 2? Why don't you use CDF coloured BMP-2 in RDS tank pack?

Edited by Temon

@Temon My bad, I thought that CDF had this variant. Will fix it in the next release ;)

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Did someone wanted Takistani Army? :) http://imgur.com/a/OqUTr

EvroMalarkey, And if you use RHS mod, can you add to CDF forces their BMD-2 and BTR-70 with CDF painting?

@Temon maybe later, it's not priority atm. First we would like to release full factions as they were in A2 and then maybe do some enhancements to it.