Sign in to follow this  
Nikolai

List of flashpoint special features

People always complain here about what makes flashpoint suck!

Lets also see what cool features makes Flashpoint stand out from the avarage war-game?

1) Explosions can bounce on ground to increase effect.

2) Projectiles are affected by gravity, mass, speed and wind.

3) Vehicles explode with a power dependant on the ammo inside.

4) Vast non-repeating playing grounds.

5) Deafness after hearing a loud sound.

6) Enemy reacts on footsteps and heavy breathing.

7) The more you are hurt the less you are able to fight.

8) AI can be scared and flee, hide or refuse to follow orders.

9) Shooting accuracy depends greatly on stance, movement, fatique and health state.

10) Carrying capacity is more realistic, only few weapons can be carried at once.

11) Amphibious vehicles.

12) Sounds lose high-frequency parts depending on distance.

13) Nice doppler effects. Especially when in A-10.

14) (Richocheting bullets)..not sure about this...rumour!

15) AI's can be confused and shoot at friendly units and not shoot at enemy units. Very realistic.

16) AI can be fooled by using equipment from same side (e.g. use AK-47 when playing West), and thereby postpone your detection until they see you.

17) You can navigate by the stars since stars are in correct place depending on heading, time and date of year.

18) Sun and moon positions depend on time and date of year.

Help me find more please..

Nikolai

19.You can drive/fly vehicles and planes

20.Good ME

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nikolai @ Sep. 26 2002,00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">15) AI's can be confused and shoot at friendly units and not shoot at enemy units. Very realistic.

16) AI can be fooled by using equipment from same side (e.g. use AK-47 when playing West), and thereby postpone your detection until they see you.<span id='postcolor'>

Are those two true? Can't say I've ever noticed them but if they were added in Opf:R I haven't played that for a while smile.gif

Pretty sure there are no richochets in there though smile.gif

I think those two can be attributed to simple splash damage (you can kill yourself with a rifle by shooting at the ground in front of you) and crossing the AI's muzzle. I've never seen the AI 'score' a TK.

25)Realism in total

26)No BFG10Ks

27)Complete Freedom

28)Large environment

Operation Flashpoint

Nothing above, nothing next to, only below smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Explosions can bounce on ground to increase effect.

<span id='postcolor'>

?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) Projectiles are affected by gravity, mass, speed and wind.

<span id='postcolor'>

There is no wind in OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5) Deafness after hearing a loud sound.

<span id='postcolor'>

I´ve never noticed, maybe U need to turn Ur volume down  tounge.gif

+what placebo said.

Still that was a pretty nice list  smile.gif

30. BIS

31. Good expansions

32. Bullets dont go through people without doing damage like in other games.

33. The AI(not 100% perfect but still...)

34. The nice graphics (not too nice so that it laggs badly)

35. No matter how good U are at shooting Ur screwed if U dont use your brain.

36. Pretty cheap expansions  smile.gif

37. The different types of weather

38. The humor. The gasstations for example(there was a post that explained it)

39. OFP never gets boring, just some missions. If Ur tired of playing the same missions there are always people that make completely different ones like the Dynamic CTF.

40. Cheating is very rare compared to other games (Maybe this is the same as #23 confused.gif )

Im sure theres more but I´ll stop here to give someone else a chance

tounge.gif

In fact, there is wind, but it doesn't affect bullets.

41) Multicrew capability in vehicles

42) Open architecture (not as open as in other products, but more than many, eg you can tweak weapon models to change many parameters)

And I would insist on the mission editor power, this tool is simply awesome, and scripting capabilities raise it above anything else.

Whis'

I don't want someone to write bad things about OFP. This is a thread for good things. Leave the bad things for other threads please people.

It's hard to write all the good points, so i'll just say that i was waiting for a game like this for years. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Sep. 26 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't want someone to write bad things about OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't seen any bad things being posted? Or do you mean where a poster has contradicted what another person has listed as a good thing?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 26 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Sep. 26 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't want someone to write bad things about OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't seen any bad things being posted? Or do you mean where a poster has contradicted what another person has listed as a good thing?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, sort of. (cheap explosions confused.gif) I really wrote that just because i don't want someone to start with bad things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Sep. 26 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, sort of. (cheap explosions confused.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

LOL try reading his post again biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 26 2002,01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think those two can be attributed to simple splash damage (you can kill yourself with a rifle by shooting at the ground in front of you) and crossing the AI's muzzle. I've never seen the AI 'score' a TK.<span id='postcolor'>

I have, sometimes if I get into a T80 or T72 that the AI can not very clearly see they will smoke me with laws or other tanks. And I'm the commander. smile.gif Another thing is they attack enemy vehicles if they are not aware they are empty.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Sep. 26 2002,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is no wind in OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5) Deafness after hearing a loud sound.

<span id='postcolor'>

I´ve never noticed, maybe U need to turn Ur volume down tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There is wind, or something to that effect. I don't believe it affects planes or bullets but smoke for sure.

The volume constantly adjusts in OFP depending on the DB level... even when you are in a tank and switch veiws from internal to external and back, you should notice a huge difference in noise level. smile.gif

Nice to see a positive thread now and then tounge.gif

43) The immersion when playing a good co-op mission with friends using voice and no respawn.

44) The very tense feeling when playing against other humans without respawn.

45) The possibility to expand OFP with new addons/islands.

46) Did someone mention the uber editor?

47) Oxygen.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

* Realistic nightvision (with HW T&L)

* Proper shadows -- just sit in a town and accelerate time, and watch the shadows of the houses, lightposts, bushes, trees, vehicles and people move according to the position of the sun.

* Sun reflecting off the water (V1.60 and later only)

* Hundreds of thousands of trees and bushes in the distance -- they aren't just for decoration, you can actually get there and use them for cover or concealment

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Sep. 26 2002,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Explosions can bounce on ground to increase effect.

<span id='postcolor'>

?

This means that the effect of e.g. a handgrenade on say a helicopter is greater when the helicopter stands on the ground because it gets the effect of the grenade plus the concussion bounced of the ground. real cool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) Projectiles are affected by gravity, mass, speed and wind.

<span id='postcolor'>

There is no wind in OFP

There IS. And it DOES also affect bullets. Try shooting someone with a sniper rifle in semi-bad weather at a distance of 600 meter. Notice the effect when doing that in different directions.

<span id='postcolor'>

I´ve never noticed, maybe U need to turn Ur volume down tounge.gif

+what placebo said.

Try running till u are fatiqued, then fire a shoot. Notice how the wind, footsteps of other soldiers and your breath volume is lowered for a duration, then faded slowly back in.

Maybe u have to have hardware accelaration and EAX turned on. I have.<span id='postcolor'>

a b

The vehicle control side of things suck in comparison to tribes 2 which has the basic types of vehicles that ofp has.

no jump feature in a militry game is good.