laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound: A new soundmod (+ public soundmod-framework)

One day I hope somebody will hookup a DSP library via CallExtension so we can have dynamic range mapping and attenuation for range and terrain all built on single samples but with the work offloaded to a CPU core ArmA never uses.

Those GAU impact sounds sound spot on, LAxemann. Nice job. :)

And great example of HDR usage megagoth1702. Very promising for the future of HDR sound in Arma.

It's not really HDR sound. It's just hacking around the configs to force the limiter to work in a certain and rather desctructive way.

One day I hope somebody will hookup a DSP library via CallExtension so we can have dynamic range mapping and attenuation for range and terrain all built on single samples but with the work offloaded to a CPU core ArmA never uses.

Wut? How is this possible? I never heard anything about being able to do sound outside arma itself!

Can't we also use an external application to fasten up calculations? I remember L_ES had a problem about that with the forest sounds (In a un-released version). Can't we use some simple C# code to move some or all the sqf work to an external app for faster calculations?

Wut? How is this possible? I never heard anything about being able to do sound outside arma itself!

No, I've not heard of it being done. I did once knock-up a DLL with the intention of trialing such a thing but never progressed it for want of time. But I can't think of any reason audio couldn't be played (and more importantly, processed in real time) by an external library called by an in-game Fired EH.

Hey peeps,

happy new year!

And while we're at it, have some rockets for 2015! :D

Well, that sounds nice! You now need to make a video on the receiving end. Hehe. =P

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Sold! Amazing I wanna use JSRS and this!

How the f*ck do you wanna use both mods? O_o

Or do you want to mix the weapons of DynaSound and the vehicle sounds of JSRS?

How the f*ck do you wanna use both mods? O_o

Or do you want to mix the weapons of DynaSound and the vehicle sounds of JSRS?

Mainly the vehicles and the new bullet impacts from Dragonfrye. But the weapon sounds are perfect living in a rural area everyweekend someone is doing some shooting on a farm. So to me the distant sounds are perfect.

I'm loving every update from you.

Is this playing a sound for the rockets travelling far away, and continues to play until impact? Or is it just an echo/drawn out sound from the MLRS firing to mimic it?

Is this playing a sound for the rockets travelling far away, and continues to play until impact? Or is it just an echo/drawn out sound from the MLRS firing to mimic it?

The rockets actually play a sound when flying away - but the sound fades out to mimic that the rockets are flying away.

I'm working on stuff so that you'll hear the rockets flying overhead aswell :)

I remember JSRS 1.5 has sounds for Mortars flying over. Quite fucking scary the first time you ever heard it, you have NO idea whats happening. Also, Lax, your weapon sounds are Amazeballs. Like you said, i would use JSRS for the vehicles sounds. But your weapons sounds are very well done. The TRG especially, is the most perfect, and fitting sound, it couldn't be any better.

Slowly but steady!

Finished the Gau-8 firing sound aswell as all the MLRS and RPG stuff. :)

(You'll now hear MLRS rockets flying overhead!)

I remember JSRS 1.5 has sounds for Mortars flying over.

This was a general ArmA2 feature AFAIK, JSRS changed the sounds :)

Edited by LAxemann

So is it real to make flying of a mortar mine hearable again?

So is it real to make flying of a mortar mine hearable again?

I did it with the MLRS rockets, will check the mortars. :)

I did it with the MLRS rockets, will check the mortars. :)

noice.

I remember in a2 i was making a custom addon, where i was attaching sound to the mortar mine :)

oww it's going to be freaking amazing have sounds of mortars flying by and MLRS sounds,but will we have free falling sounds ?

oww it's going to be freaking amazing have sounds of mortars flying by and MLRS sounds,but will we have free falling sounds ?

We already have them in the vanilla A3.

Slowly but steady!

Finished the Gau-8 firing sound aswell as all the MLRS and RPG stuff. :)

(You'll now hear MLRS rockets flying overhead!)

This was a general ArmA2 feature AFAIK, JSRS changed the sounds :)

Learn something new every day. lol, awesome.

You now need to make a video on the receiving end. Hehe. =P

:eek: