Sign in to follow this  

What type of new cars?

Now that I kind of got the hang of how to model cars for OFP while making the koeningsegg, I am ready to make the next addon. I would like to hear however what people think. Is it pointless making another car? If not, what cars do people want?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 23 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it pointless making another car? If not, what cars do people want?<span id='postcolor'>

No because if we had no new cars the stuntman thread would die out. Personally Id like to see some luxary cars. I just want to you guys do some crazy stunts with them. biggrin.gif

How about a limo? A lexus? toyota? wink.gif Something really fancy.

I would like to see average cars, but ones that are not imported ro North America from Europe or Asia. Like Peugoeot, Reno, Fiats, Japanese models that are not exported, what ever else.

Just to make some people here say... what the heck is that, I'v never seen it before.

I'd like to see a Peugeot 206 GTi since I drive a 206. On the whole though I think cars should come second to military hardware as there is far more demand for the latter IMO. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 24 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a Fiat 127: http://www.auto-italia.com/FiatLanc/images/1273.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps a Fiat 126 instead? I know that they were manufactured on license from Fiat in many eastern countries..

126-1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Sep. 24 2002,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or maybe make something useful.<span id='postcolor'>

Like what? The addons that are made are very seldom used in any missions or campaign. All people do with them is play in the editor. Then a car is as good as anything...

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 23 2002,21wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 24 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a Fiat 127: http://www.auto-italia.com/FiatLanc/images/1273.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps a Fiat 126 instead? I know that they were manufactured on license from Fiat in many eastern countries..

126-1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah!! My family used to have one just like it... Yellow too. biggrin.gif That would be insane, I think many East Europeans would have a good laugh if that thing made it into a game.

EDIT: Make sure to put in the souped up 27HP engine. tounge.gif Or a rally version. (I mean if you even consider making it)

A DeLorean, ofp needs a delorean, it is my absolute favorite car and it even fits the time period, 1981-1983.

delorean1.jpeg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 24 2002,03:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 23 2002,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 24 2002,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And a Fiat 127: http://www.auto-italia.com/FiatLanc/images/1273.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

126-1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah!!  My family used to have one just like it... Yellow too.  <!--emo&biggrin.gif   That would be insane, I think many East Europeans would have a good laugh if that thing made it into a game.

EDIT: Make sure to put in the souped up 27HP engine.  tounge.gif   Or a rally version.  (I mean if you even consider making it)<span id='postcolor'>

Actally, this might be my next project smile.gif

Also Antichrists suggestion wasn't so bad either. OFP does need a pick-up truck with a mounted MG..

I think OFP could use a few new cars, such as a pickup truck with a MG that was mentioned above, and new Jeeps, UAZ, etc.  But I think with all the ones mechanic and other people made we got more then enought civvie cars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 24 2002,03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This game definately needs some North American cars, enough Euro trash already!<span id='postcolor'>

What?? If you know anything at all about cars you'll be well aware that European cars are generally regarded as far superior to American equivalents. A 5 Series BMW for example is massively more fuel efficient, has way better handling, and (as far as I'm concerned) looks a lot nicer than something like a Lincoln Towncar. And when it comes down to US versus European sports cars, well... less said the better.

To me US cars are gigantic petrol guzzling monsters with no responsiveness and no 'feel' when you drive them. Hope I haven't insulted anyone by saying that.  wink.giftounge.gif

i think the argument should stop now before this post turns into an inter-continental fight.... there are more than enough country battles on this forum.

Hmm, not strictly speaking a car, but a big civilian articulated lorry would be good. I doubt that making an articulated lorry is possible, but some kind of heavy civvie transport vehicle would still rock.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 24 2002,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This game definately needs some North American cars, enough Euro trash already! How about a GMC pick-up? Or a Chevy Caprice?

Or how about a GMC pick-up with a twin .50 cal setup in the box?

Pick up + .50 cal.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah that's the one! smile.gif

well, go ahead with Pickup Truck and .50 cal on the back.

however let me remind you this.

Denoir

Deloian

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 24 2002,06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What?? If you know anything at all about cars you'll be well aware that European cars are generally regarded as far superior to American equivalents. A 5 Series BMW for example is massively more fuel efficient, has way better handling, and (as far as I'm concerned) looks a lot nicer than something like a Lincoln Towncar. And when it comes down to US versus European sports cars, well... less said the better.

To me US cars are gigantic petrol guzzling monsters with no responsiveness and no 'feel' when you drive them. Hope I haven't insulted anyone by saying that.  wink.giftounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How many cars have you driven?

A Lincoln Towncar is a big piece of steel, bigger than any BMW I've ever seen, of course the BMW will get better gass mileage. The towncar is just that, a town car. It wasn't built with performance in mind but dependability instead.

Besides, BMW's are insanely overpriced in North America compared to what you guys in Europe pay for them.

As for sports cars, you can't really compare the European makes to the North American ones, the European makes, like Ferrari tend to go for the high-price market. N. American sports cars are aimed more at affordability, anyone with a decent paycheque can own a Corvette for $50,000 versus $200,000 for a Ferrari.

Bahhh,

Whatever.

ok..ok...let's stop comparing cars or tunr this thread to US vs. Europe flame war.....i never throught this could happen again....

I would like to see a rusty old pickup from the 50s with a PK for Resistance. Also like Kegetys posted, old communist era cars would go nice with skodas and trabants we have now.

Very useful car would be open Ural truck, just modify the Ural from demo and it looks just like BIS' Ural but open.

Does anyone know about this silver car?

47_577.jpg

Another TV-series car in ofp biggrin.gif