cifordayzserver

SMD Sahrani A3 - Bohemia's Sahrani Terrain as ported by SMD

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

May have spotted some errors

18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMarkerBrushes.None'.
18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry '.texture'.
18:04:47 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry '.drawBorder'.

18:00:29 Error: PhysX 32: Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe), file ..\..\PhysXCooking\src\convex\ConvexMeshBuilder.cpp, line 270
18:00:29 ERROR when cooking mesh for PX scene!
Model: ca\buildings\stodola_old_open.p3d
Component: component12

18:00:04 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 580x in the last 60sec)
18:00:04 name: Land_smd_dum_mesto3, shape: smd_sahrani_artif_obj\buildings\smd_dum_mesto3.p3d, index: -1, matrices: 13

Edited by serjames

I'll Take a look, at least one of those is bi/AiA. I actually noticed a few building errors in game and they were called from ca not smd. I'm going to have to get in touch with kju about taking over AiA in tandem with @CUP so I can fix them.

Then I can start doing things like adding the ai and lighting memory points to ALL the buildings and they'd be on all the terrains.

I could also likely repack all the other terrains to add all the a3 details, and maybe even rebuild them all to get rid of the terrain grid issues...

I'll Take a look, at least one of those is bi/AiA. I actually noticed a few building errors in game and they were called from ca not smd. I'm going to have to get in touch with kju about taking over AiA in tandem with @CUP so I can fix them.

Then I can start doing things like adding the ai and lighting memory points to ALL the buildings and they'd be on all the terrains.

I could also likely repack all the other terrains to add all the a3 details, and maybe even rebuild them all to get rid of the terrain grid issues...

That would be a huge help to the community!

May have spotted some errors

18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMarkerBrushes.None'.
18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry '.texture'.
18:04:47 Warning Message: No entry '.drawBorder'.

That is likely for one of the A2 terrains as it has to do with infinite terrain tiling and Sahrani doesn't have that

18:00:29 Error: PhysX 32: Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe), file ..\..\PhysXCooking\src\convex\ConvexMeshBuilder.cpp, line 270
18:00:29 ERROR when cooking mesh for PX scene!
Model: ca\buildings\stodola_old_open.p3d
Component: component12

That is a CA building call, and I'm not sure if the error is in the BI phyx config or the model? The model seems fine, I don't know much at all about physx, but there are no convex components in that model, the SMD one or the BI sample model.

18:00:04 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 580x in the last 60sec)
18:00:04 name: Land_smd_dum_mesto3, shape: smd_sahrani_artif_obj\buildings\smd_dum_mesto3.p3d, index: -1, matrices: 13

I have no idea what that means. That's a model we've barely changed at all. I just added AI spawn points to it, and they were beneath the ground, so that MIGHT be it?

There's a feedback tracker ticket talking about it, but I don't really get it... I'll have to look into it later http://feedback.arma3.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=7136

syntax edit

This is amazing work! The amount of time you put into Sahrani really shows. The detail is amazing.

This would be amazing if it could be done. I thought CUP took over AiATP? If you and the CUP team are able to switch out all the Arma 1 assets with your improvements so they show on all the different maps, it would huge impact and would make all the other A1/A2 maps so much better.

That's already done in AiA, kju made use of the SMD buildings so many of them already load on all the terrains.

So I need to Download AiA_TP and this island too? Please update the first post with everything needed to run this map. Terrains are Huge downloads!!! please make it easier

Great work, your Sahrani is by far the greatest terrain conversion. A few may remember what she looked like on ArmA 1 and how great she's now thanks to your work. The new medium distance texture is just amazing.

I hope you will have time and motivation to get AiA Terrain Pack on A3 standarts.

Thanks again !

Yeah it's dependant on AiA it says that somewhere on the front page, I'll make it more clear and include a link later tonight

@CiforDayZServer,

Thank you for your hard work on this project. I'm loving it and the improvements you've made. I hope you do not increase Terrain Resolution above what it is currently. Sahrani in A2 was much cherished by me and friends for its great performance. Though increasing res would make it even prettier, performance would surely degrade for such a large map IMO.

Please keep it going and thank you for your contributions to the community.

Thanks for the kind words!

Right now the focus is still on getting more buildings opened, and then adding the United Sahrani changes and beyond. I don't have any imminent plans to change the terrain resolution, it's something I don't think I would do well, and as you said one of the great draws of the island is it's inherent good performance.

For right now, I'm working on updating the A2 package with the midrange texture update, and the AI points for the buildings. I have a working build together already, and might see if I can get some more buildings done and included as well. I might also try to fix the missing panelak in Bagango, and some of the placement issues, as for now, I can only edit the terrain in A2.

You have done fantastic job sir, I have never played this map before A3, so my only exposure to it is through SMD Sahrani on Arma 3, yes opening more building is the way forward and if you can squeeze the coral/sea bed with that, it would make this map one of the best, if not the best, it has everything in terrain you can think of, the only recommendation I would make are:

- Open up more buildings.

- Sea Coral. would make this version of the map unique and nothing like it out there.

- Maybe opening up some of the mountains in areas to create some cool caves/under ground hidden areas.

other than that, I am Looooovinnngg itt!

You have done fantastic job sir, I have never played this map before A3, so my only exposure to it is through SMD Sahrani on Arma 3, yes opening more building is the way forward and if you can squeeze the coral/sea bed with that, it would make this map one of the best, if not the best, it has everything in terrain you can think of, the only recommendation I would make are:

- Open up more buildings.

That's been the plan from the get go, but balancing the workload as 1 guy isn't exactly easy. I have a few buildings that are almost done, and I will finish off in the next few months mostly likely, but my focus is likely going to shift for a while. Hopefully by the time I loop back, I'm better equipped to bang out some more buildings.

- Sea Coral. would make this version of the map unique and nothing like it out there.

Again, that was one of my main drives for chasing the source files as far back as 2013, I wanted to add lots of coral and reefs, and topography to the seabed for Arma 3. I've gotten some cursory work done on it, but essentially paused efforts waiting for map builder to get further along, and to focus on getting the last update out. I will loop back and add this in, but again, my focus is going to shift elsewhere for a while.

- Maybe opening up some of the mountains in areas to create some cool caves/under ground hidden areas.

This is something that I've discussed a LOT, and something I'd love to do, however it's really out of my league to be honest, and not where I'll be focused for quite a while. It may eventually happen though. I have a few different ideas for major changes to the terrain and feature areas, but all that stuff requires a lot of focused time/effort that isn't available to me for the foreseeable future.

other than that, I am Looooovinnngg itt!

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm really glad you're enjoying the terrain!

In other news, I got a 3tb hd today, and 8gb more ram, so I should be able to work more easily on the terrain with the memory (I literally couldn't perform certain filters or scripts in PS from lack of memory (8gb previously)), and I can back everything up, and do a fresh install so I can have a clean starting point to move forward from.

In even more other news, Pliskin has been really getting aggressive with his modding, he's been working on forward porting A2 assets, and reskinning them. As some of you may remember from A2, we had a few UN vehicles that were lacking in A2... So he's done the same for A3.. I don't have a full list, or even a build to take shots of, but he's working on it, and should likely be sending me something soon.

when I first load up arma 3 server with this map, i get this error pop "Addon 'smd_roads' requires addon 'CAAStructures' " It doesnt stop the server loading, i am just however wondering how to tidy that up and make it not pop up?

ok looks like the new map isn't working for me, i am getting this errors spamming my .rpt and not allowing me join the server.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.SMD_ASSETS_US, SAHRANI_RACS, smd_assets_vehicles, smd_us_blops_assets

EPE manager release (0|0|0)

Missing addons detected:

SMD_ASSETS_US

SAHRANI_RACS

smd_assets_vehicles

smd_us_blops_assets

I wish you created mission file like you did on previous version, my guess the old mission file isnt working with this?

would you be so kind to create one for the ones like me who appreciates them or let me know how to fix the current one?

Edited by KnightsTemplar

Removed those lines from Mission file seem to fix my problems, just out of interest what what was removed from the map pack? vehicle and skin? what other assets?

What's the easiest/quickest way to get a list of all enter-able building class names used on this version? I need this to create item loot table..?

I am just now downloading this to my server trough PWS. I had AIATP Lite on my server, nevertheless its downloading AIATP ( full version ). Since I dont want that, and I think this should work with AIATP Lite, this should be added as an option. If I already have TP Lite it should not download full version again.

Is this the right place to post this or should I let PWS team know about this?

when I first load up arma 3 server with this map, i get this error pop "Addon 'smd_roads' requires addon 'CAAStructures' " It doesnt stop the server loading, i am just however wondering how to tidy that up and make it not pop up?

ok looks like the new map isn't working for me, i am getting this errors spamming my .rpt and not allowing me join the server.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.SMD_ASSETS_US, SAHRANI_RACS, smd_assets_vehicles, smd_us_blops_assets

Missing addons detected:

SMD_ASSETS_US

SAHRANI_RACS

smd_assets_vehicles

smd_us_blops_assets

I wish you created mission file like you did on previous version, my guess the old mission file isnt working with this?

would you be so kind to create one for the ones like me who appreciates them or let me know how to fix the current one?

I will include missions with releases once I re-add the units/vehicles.

Removed those lines from Mission file seem to fix my problems, just out of interest what what was removed from the map pack? vehicle and skin? what other assets?

The reason I pulled the units was due to not having the time to config them all properly so they wouldn't break future missions once I redo them. I'm not sure on when I will be able to get to them. But hopefully in the coming months.

What's the easiest/quickest way to get a list of all enter-able building class names used on this version? I need this to create item loot table..?

For just a list of the the buildings, open up the smd_sahrani_artif_obj pbo and look at the \buildings config it has a list of all the buildings.

I am just now downloading this to my server trough PWS. I had AIATP Lite on my server, nevertheless its downloading AIATP ( full version ). Since I dont want that, and I think this should work with AIATP Lite, this should be added as an option. If I already have TP Lite it should not download full version again.

Is this the right place to post this or should I let PWS team know about this?

I guess ask the PWS guys? I don't define a dependency on AiA in my files, so it should be compatible with any version of it, or A3MP, I've used either or, and even the old AIA compatibility config which just forces reference to your existing A2 install files. I'm guessing they've defined a dependency on the full terrain pack?

This will be sorted out in the coming months, as I am taking over AiA in the form of CUP_Terrains.

I will take note of it, but can't make any promises for any placement issues right now.

++++++

For those of you who don't know, as mentioned above I am going to be heading up the CUP_Terrains project which will be a merge of AiA_Terrainpack at first, and grow into a fully A3 ported/config'd package. This will allow for the full integration of Arma 3 Features on ALL the terrains as I've done on Sahrani A3, and beyond.

Check out the project here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190329-Community-Upgrade-Project-CUP_Terrains

Great news on the CUP_Terrains, you have done very well with this map , I wish the best of luck, please please please make Namalsk your top priority !! the map looks amazing already on arma 3, unlike other maps ported, it however has few houses or objects that are invisible in arma 3, and need your magic touch!

Good map, only 2 problem....

1.AllinArma needed (it is 8GB more for download...) may be you could create independed Data.pbo file?

2. ZEUS compatibility. ZEUS\ARES modul object (AMMo box, vehicle) - when ZEUS it create moving undergroud.... (may be after 1.42 update, may be not... dont know). COuld you fix it?

Very happy to hear that you'll be taking the head of CUP Terrains. Do you still need help finding house positions? And if you still need a "decent mission" to test the map on, just let me know what you want and I'll try to work on something.