cifordayzserver

SMD Sahrani A3 - Bohemia's Sahrani Terrain as ported by SMD

Is this version of the island included in AiA_TP or it's a different version?

This Version is different than this which is included in AiATP. Download it and compare yourself. The difference is massive ;) especially the Quality

Is this version of the island included in AiA_TP or it's a different version?

LOL I asked the same question the other day, so allow me to answer you.

NO this is not the same version of Sahrani as is in AiA TP. This version is much better but you have to download it as a separate mod. However- it's important to note that you still need AiA TP installed to use this version, as the former contains files used by the latter.

When you install both AiA TP and this SMD Sahrani, you will find this version labeled as SMD Sahrani in the editor.

Edited by owmyeye

Do lighthouses do that?

I like the effect of the light sweeping the city personally, and I THINK that's more realistic?

Yes they do. There is no reason for the light to go over land, and the people living there would be very annoyed. I agree with you that it's nice, but it's wrong.

Sahrani had it that way in Armed Assault:

LOL I asked the same question the other day, so allow me to answer you.

NO this is not the same version of Sahrani as is in AiA TP. This version is much better but you have to download it as a separate mod. However- it's important to note that you still need AiA TP installed to use this version, as the former contains files used by the latter.

When you install both AiA TP and this SMD Sahrani, you will find this version labeled as SMD Sahrani in the editor.

ok then, that means that missions that are made for AiA_TP Sahrani won't work at this one?

AIA currently only includes the default BI versions. I'm not sure if they will include SMD Sahrani A3 or not, I haven't had a chance to talk to the guy who took it over from kju. To play this version you need to download it separately and run it with AiA_TP.

Yes they do. There is no reason for the light to go over land, and the people living there would be very annoyed. I agree with you that it's nice, but it's wrong.

Sahrani had it that way in Armed Assault:

Not sure where you got that from but I live near a light house and it sweeps over the land without the light going off. Most lightly today they are some sort of sodium bulb. I can imagine the effect of that shutting off and on constantly being a positive effect on the bulb

Correction. It looks like they use some form of incandescent bulb.

Edited by M1lkm8n

Just loaded up Armed Assault lol, they turn off facing land there for sure. Arma 1 Looks really good. It's shocking.

I'm definitely not going to hold up a release for that, but I'll look into it for a coming update. ALL the lighthouses are one of 2 models, so I think it's something scripted not in the config? but I could be wrong. I'll try to find out.

I just got off work/got home. I'm going to test the build a touch more, and then zip it and UL it if everything is fine. I also have to update the changelog.

For RL purposes they normally have an internal reflector/shield that blocks light from washing over sensitive areas. However worth noting they're rarely positioned close to where people live. normally a lot further out or in some quite uninhabited areas. People are unlikely to be affected or bothered in RL.

Not sure that would be code-able in game ? Say off for 180 Deg then back on for 180 facing out to sea ?

So, the thing is, the model config already defines a radius it's supposed to turn on and off I think. I just don't think the A2 engine interprets it like A1 did? I don't know though, I've got to look into it some.

For now, I couldn't leave it alone, and had to add in the vehicles that Plisken did. They still need RVmats and materials but for now they're good enough. They're also only configured as bluefor but you can spawn empty ones by just calling the relevant class. These are DEFINITELY going to get moved around and re-classed in some cases I think, so mission makers take note.. I will NOT change the unit names though, so it should be safe.

**UPDATED**

v 0.2 updated links and changelog on the front page.

Edited by CiforDayZServer

ok then, that means that missions that are made for AiA_TP Sahrani won't work at this one?

There is a "merge" function in the editor.

Open the new SMD Sahrani map in the editor and then click the Merge button, then choose the saved file for the mission you want to use. It should then keep the new SMD Sahrani map on the screen but also paste the object, units, triggers, etc, from your mission.

From there you will likely have to click and drag the mouse over everything and then move them all as one mass into the right space to line up with the map. There is a chance that they will already be pasted in the exact spot you need, but i'm guessing if the border were enlarged or anything else, that will mean it will all be off.

After that your done, unless you have created extra .sqf files which you placed in the original missions folder- in which case of course you will have to just copy those files into the new missions file folder.

FYI, you can 'merge' any 2 maps. You can make a mission for Statis and 'merge' it to an Altis map... which pretty much just means it copies and pastes every item you made.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

coordinates of the center of the map.

i am thinking building a test epoch server on this map, how far do you think it is from full release? when to expect next update, i appreciate this can be a tricky question but even rough estimate helps me decide if i should keep it test or public for now.. are we talking a year? months?

It's already released, available on the first post, armaholic, and play with six. It has a dependency on AiA_TP. Should work fine with epoch, theare have been a fair amount of epoch Sahrani A2 servers, and we had a DayZ mod, so you should be able to find loot tables, vehicle spawn locations, as well.

Not sure on center coordinates.

It's already released, available on the first post, armaholic, and play with six. It has a dependency on AiA_TP. Should work fine with epoch, theare have been a fair amount of epoch Sahrani A2 servers, and we had a DayZ mod, so you should be able to find loot tables, vehicle spawn locations, as well.

Not sure on center coordinates.

Awesome! sorry I know you released it, I was referring to your future update, where you fix other stuff like sea bed? the last thing I want to do is release it to public only to have them download another map update shortly after.

Any how I started working on this just now, if anyone has any interest in joining my server it will be in test mode but will provide you with access, add me on steam: HiiShinoo

I have one feedback from trying it on Editor, do you think the map would benefit from another city I feel like the North East area (i think) has a lot of empty spaces albeit mountains but still can maybe add some ruins?

Epcoh is all about loot and going to cities , just feel one more decent sized city would be perfect. something I can customize in my own version i guess, but it would be cool if it was part of the map.

Will give you better feedback once I get it working on Epoch.

I bounce around in direction a lot, and have limited time to mod at this point, so I don't know when the next update will be or what it will include.

One of the guys we worked with in A2 made a town on the road between Pita and Masbete, but I don't have any immediate plans or even certain commitment to the idea of adding it. The remote logging area in the NE got opened up a lot more for United Sahrani, and they added a wood mill there as well which I plan on adding eventually. The plan was to open it then add it, but I may just add it as is if I get to the point I'm doing the United Sahrani updates and it's not open/done. M1lkm8n mentioned he might be doing it as well, so if that's the case, I'll definitely add it.

My goals are:

- Fix some placement errors and omissions on the terrain (Most of the brick apartment buildings are placed incorrectly and some are missing, they also need some attention to the models themselves.)

- Add more lighting both street and in buildings

- Add more enterable buildings - I have 5+ buildings that are 90pct done I just need to finish them off and include them

- Add ocean topography, seabed textures, corals/rocks and some wrecks/feature sites

- Update all the buildings/vegetation/signs/walls etc to Arma 3 configs and lods

- Update the roads and sidewalks to A3 shapefiles instead of models

- Tune/Fix surface frictions and effects for all surfaces

- Apply the changes from "United Sahrani"

- Go beyond the changes of United Sahrani and remove all propaganda, destroyed buildings, tank traps, and wrecks.

- Alter/expand existing towns/cities in a natural manner

- Possibly add more towns/feature areas

I'm definitely not on any rapid development cycle, so I wouldn't worry about holding off on an update, initial release was November, this is the first update. Unless someone reports a major bug, I won't be updating it for a month or two at least most likely.

Great work buddy, just to give an update I have just installed it and I have an epoch test running, since alot of the buildings are not enter-able, It's going to take some work to get the loot in, for the ones that are enter-able and are Sahrani specific do you know or have the following:

- ClassNames

- Do you if any of those accept or dont accept loot items to spawn inside (i.e is loot position defined for those buildings).

- The mission show cases soldiers in clothing, how would I get the class names for those to try adding them into epoch?

The building loot positions are something you define out, not something in the model, as stated previously, we did a DayZ mod, so they're all available here:

https://github.com/CiFor/DayZ_Sahrani/blob/1.1.0/SQF/dayz_code/config/Loot/BuildingPos.hpp

The lootpos lines obviously define all the positions in the buildings I put loot, they include positions that are under/on top of things inside the buildings, and there are a LOT of loot positions in every building, so definitely don't do 100pct spawning. You can see what spawn chances I have there, those are pretty good numbers for spawning a good amount of loot, and creating the effect of randomly placed loot since there are so many options for each building and low chances, they don't all spawn in the same spot building to building.

You can get all the unit names out of the smd_assets.pbo, you just have to look at the configs. Right now they're not fully configured for use in a mod like epoch. I haven't really even looked at the configs as yet, but they are missing correct item models and icons.

There are also a bunch of black ops vehicles you could use.

You could also just open the mission included in the DL and copy/paste the names from there.

Home for lunch, loaded it real quick and could not replicate the problem. I was able to adjust overcast/weather just fine.

Can you can UL your mission or give me exact steps? I just opened the editor, dropped a player, set the weather to 80 or so percent overcast and everything was cloudy as normal. Went into camera and adjusted the overcast up and down and all the changes were as expected.

Clouds are looking really messed up in the latest version

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/530634674429783304/65A023B73088322AA7039DF8C934DCCB130A2B10/

it's meant to be overcast but instead it's just these stringy clouds. Even with overcast set to 1 there's barely any cloud cover

I have exactly the same problem. Clouds looks really wierd, when set more Overcast and i look strtaight up it looks like there is a kind of a circle on the skybox.