cifordayzserver

SMD Sahrani A3 - Bohemia's Sahrani Terrain as ported by SMD

Hi.

While playing with the map i found some bugs or things that are not like the original Arma 1 Sahrani version.

Picutres showing the issues - http://imgur.com/a/ydACR#0

Apartment Buildings in Bagango are not proper alligned like they were in Arma 1. the ground is showing that they are a little bit not facing their proper direction. Also one apartment building is completly missing.

In Obregan at the facility complex there is a building which does not show its internal textures anymore when looking through the windows.

South of Bagango at the military complex is a stop gate which faces strangly in the air once it got destroyed.

Just a feature request but south of Ixel there is a military complex looking like some kind of prison. So far i did not found an option for the gates to be opened or closed. Is the any chance this can be done in future updates?

Thanks in advance and Thanks alot for the great work so far the team has put in. I will most likly not use any other map anymore since Sahrani is back in the game :D

Edited by MAD T

Great job on the pics, that helps a lot.

I know why a few of them are happening, and am totally baffled by a few others lol.

They're all fairly easily fixable though. The Alpha issues are weird though, I'm getting those issues whenever you can see one alpha channel through another one. I'm not sure if it's a model issue, or if it's the fact that they're not config'd for A3 properly yet. I'll have a look.

Aloha :)

Nice to see Sahrani refreshed like this. Thanks to all involved and I'm looking forward to what's coming, also for AiA with the updated buildings.

I found some issues and took screenshots.

Most new doors are open by default, but especially the Corazol harbour with the openable A3 containers looks a bit silly this way:

arma3_2014_12_06_13_0hoizt.jpg

Alpha bug on new windows on this type of house, ok again if broken:

arma3_2014_12_06_13_0wwiac.jpg arma3_2014_12_06_13_0apfmb.jpg

The front window on this newly enterable type of building only breaks from the inside, back windows are fine:

arma3_2014_12_06_13_13ee73.jpg arma3_2014_12_06_13_11rdq8.jpg

The most important issue for me is that all your new buildings are missing the house positions for AI. Here is a screen from AiA Sahrani to show what I mean:

arma3_2014_12_06_13_335dhe.jpg

That makes the buildings only enterable for players and the already less than stellar AI usage of buildings is limited even more, garrison scripts won't work, etc. Please remember to add those in again with your coming patches.

believe I can fix the visual bugs quickly, but long term all the glass needs to be re-configured for A3. I'm starting work on it now, it's a poop ton of work.

On the AI points, I have to learn how to do that, I know M1lkm8n was doing it, I definitely did not though, I didn't do any AI paths either. I will loop back and do those at some point.

I've been hopping around from subject to subject again, I got the intro scene's kind of working, but not like they should be, and not how I want them. I have to spend a lot more time looking into intro scenes, I'd like to do a fancy pants one, but I know that's a ton of work.

James2464 posted the remaining details that were eluding me on the dust and and the sounds on the roads, so that should hopefully make it into the next update.

I'm also working on the buildings to get them fully A3 compatible. That's really the main goal, but the area I've spent the least time, and gotten the least accomplished lol.

Thanks for the pics, it again, REALLY helps me get clear idea of what the problems are!

Just a really random thing here, but you know that building that has the red and white umbrella on top, can you replace that umbrella with the similar red and white one from a2oa, since its pretty much the same one but a better model/texture.

Just a really random thing here, but you know that building that has the red and white umbrella on top, can you replace that umbrella with the similar red and white one from a2oa, since its pretty much the same one but a better model/texture.

It's proxied furniture, so it will get over written/changed to the newest one as I upgrade everything to A3, I will more than likely use the A3 ones, I think they have something fairly similar.

We have some plans for actually dumping all the furniture out of all the buildings to match A3, and then creating a module that auto populates layouts into house types, that way you will get a more random effect to the furniture in all the buildings/all the terrains. But we've yet to really iron out a system.

In the meantime, I just quickly updated the castles to A3 so they are config'd properly for A3, and make use of the A3 penetration data.

Took this quicky while I was there:

S00Sctil.jpg

Looking really nice - this is a Gem of a map so your huge efforts to modify are really appreciated.

Thanks for the answer and status updates :)

On the AI points, I have to learn how to do that, I know M1lkm8n was doing it, I definitely did not though, I didn't do any AI paths either. I will loop back and do those at some point.

Have a look here. For the building shown, and all others that were already enterable before, you should be able to copy the old path lod?

Yeah, I could/can copy paste some of the working paths out of the SMD buildings M1lkm8n did, but I'd prefer to get comfortable placing them myself.

Not sure I'm going to make any headway today or not, I have a bunch of stuff I need to take care of at home.

I'm getting closer with the buildings, the configs are getting updated to A3 standards. I'm really not going about it in the best way at all, I'm really trying to shoehorn them in, instead of doing it meticulously 1 by 1. It's definitely leading to headaches. Once the config is 100 percent, then I can go in and batch upgrade the geo physx lods and fire lod materials.

Tried to get the A3 lighting configs into the lighthouses but couldn't get it to work on the first few tries, there's not too much documentation on it so I'll have to dig around more on that. In retrospect, the one's we had in A1 might not have been working? I'm not sure.

I'm going to decide tomorrow whether to continue plugging away at this, OR I could take the Jbad buildings and do all the retextures/renames for the variants. It also includes a BUNCH of the A2 buildings that I placed on Sahrani for the DayZ mod that really fit well, markets all around the terrain, some WIP buildings, hospitals, air control towers, and a few others.

I'm also back in contact with Pliskin; the guy who did the textures for the smd units and vehicles; he's going to do a bunch of reskins of the A3 vehicles so we have a custom library, and then we'll work on getting the A2 skins he did back in via the CUP Vehicles once that gets closer to finished.

Of course, like an idiot, I didn't choose to keep working on the same thing, or take the easy road and work on something I know I can crank out... I decided it would be easy enough to get the A3 dust effects working... ugh. Not so much, I've packed it like 5 times, I think I'm nesting something wrong, I've gotten some advice and am re-packing for the last time tonight.

On an unrelated odd note, the intro scenes started working out of no where. I didn't change anything that I can think of that would fix it, they threw a few errors, then loaded. I'll check the logs and see what broken stuff I can pull out of the missions and see if it will go w/o error. However I've gotten a SWEET offer from someone to make a few custom cutscenes and throw them all together so, I'll certainly use that!

I also worked a bit on trying to get the Ambient life to work better, but that seems to be something I'm missing as well. The rabbit, a bunch of the fish, all the wind clutter, and all the insects work.. but for some reason none of the other animals will, and I haven't ever seen a sea turtle yet... it's making me nuts.

I'm starting a new job this week, so I'm going to take a bit of a break from working on stuff, and take the time to read Bushlurker's tutorial so I get a better idea of all the moving parts, and have more background knowledge that I'm lacking.

**Update mid post.

nope, didn't work, not sure what I've done wrong, but I'll have to look at it with fresh eyes later.

++

On a slightly better note, I played it in 5760x1080 for the first time tonight, it was tons of fun, and really breath taking...

JOZMxVIl.jpg

VDxhzihl.jpg

wN9ud9Yl.jpg

hO9KTxvl.jpg

14aWQQsl.jpg

Full size Album for anyone who's interested:

http://imgur.com/a/KTS8O#0

well, I'm getting closer on the lighthouses... maybe.

Been a very busy week with the new job, so I'm not really spending much/any time on it at night during the week, that might change after I adjust a bit, but not sure.

Got the fixed textures from Pliskin for the ATACS unit, and he also fixed some issues with the shoulder flags on the BLOPS textures. I am going to try to take the time to do all the accompanying textures for each skin so they're done fully, but I'll have to learn the process.

Not sure how/what/when I'm going to update the package. Right now I've kind of explored a bunch of areas and haven't finalized any of them. I'll have to see what to do about just getting some priorities set, and focusing on those first.

Hello and Happy New Year! I look forward to an update of the map that fixes bugs vehicle slowdown on some terrain map, you make a very good job on like that, do you get an update soon ? thank you very much

Wow! Great work Outlawz7!! I checked them out a bit, I'm going to have to do the zeus tutorial now lol!

As far as an update, I'm really unsure at this point, I've gone back to full time work, and I'm really struggling to find any time/focus to spend on Sahrani.

I had an update pretty far along, but not done, at this point I'm fairly mentally disconnected from it, so it'll take some work just figuring out what I did and didn't fix, and what still needs done.

I went and got myself a new video card, and haven't even had the time/focus to put together a good promo video for the terrain.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I should get settled a bit better at my job, and will have a bit more mental space to dedicate to the terrain again.

Took some screenshots with the new video card:

aANsbyTl.jpg

oMVUBaxl.jpg

9kQfPLSl.jpg

Looks great!... what units are those. .. remember seeing them but forgot to download

Apologies if this has been mentioned, i have had a good search but came up empty.

Is there a way , or does anyone have the code for closing the doors on the new buildings, specifically the hangar object?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Looks great!... what units are those. .. remember seeing them but forgot to download

SMD ATACS, they're included in the package. Under Nato, scroll down from "Men" to SMD ATACS, There's only the one of that skin, but there are 3 ea for the RACS, and BLOPS, and then there is one Tiger Camo unit as well.

I might take some time to config a bunch more, but I prob. won't until Pliskin gets back to me with some more skins.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, i have had a good search but came up empty.

Is there a way , or does anyone have the code for closing the doors on the new buildings, specifically the hangar object?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Simple Door Close:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101935-OA-Closing-all-The-doors-within-radius

More detailed:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33618.0

Door names for Hangars:

Hangar door:

"Door1","",

"Door2","",

"Door3","",

"Door4","",

"Door5","",

"Door6","",

"Door7","",

Normal Doors:

"Door8","",

"Door9","",

"Door10","",

"Door11",""

Now that Kju has stopped work on AiA-TP, will there be a patch by you guys to update it with the latest version of your Sahrani?

Now that Kju has stopped work on AiA-TP, will there be a patch by you guys to update it with the latest version of your Sahrani?

I'm not really sure. I'll talk to kju when I get a chance.

Imo it makes more sense to just run smd Sahrani in tandem. Or for me to do a full SMD AiA fork... Or CUP? I dunno. I've been out of touch for a month or two.

Honestly I'm not really in much of a position to take anything on at this point. I'll be happy if I can still find time to work on Sahrani at all.

I only started modding Arma due to not working full-time. I'm back to work now and can't spend any time at a computer after work. Weekends are my only shot, but I'm also a single parent of two so.... Not much time there either.

There are a lot of layers to modding and a lot of time needed. I'm the only one doing anything on Sahrani for some time so the chance of me being able to dedicate enough time to produce updates are pretty slim.

Like kju, I only have a certain amount of time I can spend at a computer desk before I'm in too much pain to do it, and my current job has purchased those hours. I gave up playing in order to dedicate those hours to Sahrani for the last year or two but that's not an option now.

I'm still hopeful I can figure out how to attain a balance that allows me to dedicate some time to modding, but right now it's seeming out of the realm of possibility.

No matter what, I will at the very least release a patch to fix the building alpha issues, MAYBE fix the terrain drag coefficients, and likely add at least under water clutter, if not a redone height map for the ocean floor.

Whatever you decide and how ever much time is eventually spent is much appreciated. All I do ask is that you have a plan of some sort formulated if you do decide to move on. It's how these projects are managed at start and end that seem to decide their final fate and I'd hate to see your huge efforts just go to waste if the source files were not passed on to someone or some agency responsible enough to at least maintain them.

Anyway fingers crossed you'll miss it all too much to completely go - we can deal with slow and steady improvements... :-)

SJ

Would it be possible to make the buildings enterable for AI units? When i try to command an AI to enter the building the marker didnt show the possibility to reach 1st or second floors. A couple of buildings are working, ATC on Airfield for example is working, but a lot of other buildings are not enterable for AI Units

Hi LSD - I think this is a known fault for the moment. No Ai Pathing on the custom buildings. I recall it was a bit of a pig of a job, but on the list somewhere :-)

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Hmmm, when i play the map "Napf" my Units are able to enter and Garrison every building on the map, Napf is using a ton of custom buildings