No there isn't. The boys have been busy on other bits, like adding more functionality and better textures. Also fixing ground issues so you can actually land on a carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No there isn't. The boys have been busy on other bits, like adding more functionality and better textures. Also fixing ground issues so you can actually land on a carrier.

well damn.. next update then...

It hasn't even been mentioned. Once the latest version of the vehicle is released then we're heading back for a pas on the weapons and equipment. So if it is going to happen it will be awhile.

• Like 1

I'm very pleased to announce

Version 5.0 of the BAF Vehicles

New to version 5.0 is the AW101 MERLIN HC3, along with a long list of updates to our existing vehicles.

0WyzIn0.jpg

Change log for v5.0 (26/5/16)

Apache
- added MFD field of view matching the FLIR turret zoom level and optics mode toggle
- added helmet mounted video feed to match MFD
- added BAF crew, if other 3CB mods are present
- added Servicing menu for rearm/refuel/repair and retasking
- added full reskinning functionality, including decals, through hiddenSelection Textures
- added voice warning system
- improved Flare/Chaff and IR Jammer operation
- fixed ground handling on surfaces such as helipads and the LHD (standard and advanced)
- fixed sound bug with M230 chain gun
- fixed gun ranging
- performance (fps) improvements and minor rpt error fixes

Coyote/Jackal
- added weapon shake while firing
- removed aiming cursor
- changed registration plate variable to 'UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Land_uniqueID'
- performance (fps) improvements

Merlin
- added new vehicle: Merlin HC3 in 5 variants (18, 24 and 32 seat unarmed, plus 18 seat armed with GPMG-ARD's and CSAR)
- see a full feature list on our website

Wildcat
- added mini-HUD compass/view direction for pilot/copilot
- added MFD field of view matching the FLIR turret zoom level
- added @ace3 fast roping with FRIES gantry to Transport model
- reduced sound volume for FFV passengers on the 8 seat variant
- fixed main rotor head animation wobble
- fixed ground handling on surfaces such as helipads and the LHD (standard and advanced)
- fixed texture errors on objects seen through a damaged windscreen
- fixed cockpit MFD texture bug seen from certain angles
- lowered airframe Centre of Gravity in advanced flight model to match that in standard

Vehicle Weapons
- added: 7.62mm, .50cal and 40mm ammunition is now interchangeable between vehicles (static weapons and small arms will be included in the next BAF Weapons release).
- added: 5.56mm and 7.62mm belt-fed weapons can use either 100 or 200 round belts (75 round belts have been removed)
- changed: be aware that due to the above ammunition functionality improvements, class names for vehicle ammo have changed from v4

• Like 6

Oh hell yes! :)

Two quick questions. What is the servicing menu? Is that just a mousewheel option that comes with the rearming module when synced to an object?

Also, and I know I requested this a long time ago so not sure if it got lost in the shuffle. Did you guys manage give us the ability to command our AI to take the gunners seat in the Coyotes/Jackals? The option doesn't/didn't appear in the menu like it does with other Arma vehicles.

Oh hell yes! :)

Two quick questions. What is the servicing menu? Is that just a mousewheel option that comes with the rearming module when synced to an object?

All the details of usage are in the readme with the mod, and also on our website:

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-vehicles/usage-vehicles/

Enjoy!

All the details of usage are in the readme with the mod, and also on our website:

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-vehicles/usage-vehicles/

Enjoy!

Sorry if I'm a little dense. Ok, so before the update there was a resupply module which syncs to an object and is used for the choppers. A quote from the wiki:

A system to re-task, rearm or resupply has been included:

Action Menu options are available to the pilot when they are landed with the engine off, gunner seat empty and within 100m of:

A Helicopter Resupply object (found in the Ammo section of the editor)

An object synchronised to the “Misc > 3CB Helicopter Resupply Point†module

Available Action Menu options include all valid loadouts for that airframe, and repair and refuelling options

I fail to see how it's different from the new servicing menu. Quote:

A GUI Servicing Menu to re-task, rearm, repair and refuel has been included.

It is enabled through one of two methods:

Place an Aircraft Servicing Point object (Editor or Zeus) – this is a physical object with the functionality attached – servicing capability is unlimited

Place the Aircraft Servicing Module (Editor) and synchronise it to any object (this can include movable objects such as people or vehicles) – the module includes configurable variables (see ‘Configuration’ below)

To access the system:

get in the helicopter as pilot, within 100m of a Helicopter Resupply Point

switch off the engine

ensure the gunner/copilot is seat is unoccupied

select the Servicing Menu option from the Action menu

Usage:

Rearm: select the required armament system from those available and click the Rearm button

Repair / Refuel

So if the resupply module retasks, rearms and resupplies choppers and the new supply point retasks, rearms and resupplies choppers what's the difference? Is the new feature just a more interactive and immersive way for using the old method? So basically a UI enhancement?

The servicing menu adds more functionality (especially for the mission designer) and a proper UI

PWKLOs7.jpg

• Like 4

i i have all your mods installed, but the jackal / coyote are still defaulting to the standard US crew not yours. the Helicopters seem ok.

Cheers

i genuinely popped a boner going through the updates to the pack

Oh shoot. I can't open up an existing mission I made due to an error that I'm missing an addon to find the Merlin.

Did you guys change any classnames or remove any existing classes?

Oh shoot. I can't open up an existing mission I made due to an error that I'm missing an addon to find the Merlin.

Did you guys change any classnames or remove any existing classes?

Update: It's not just my mission(s). I decided to try opening up AuTigerGrad's British Steel and his won't open either. Same error that it's missing the Merlin (though there could be others missing as well as I find the BIS errors don't like to show a full list of missing addons).

I'm thinking there's a backwards compatibility issue here.

I mean I guess I could have just had a dud download so I'll restart my PC and download again and see if that clears it up.

I'm very pleased to announce

Version 5.0 of the BAF Vehicles

New to version 5.0 is the AW101 MERLIN HC3, along with a long list of updates to our existing vehicles.

0WyzIn0.jpg

Change log for v5.0 (26/5/16)

Apache

- added MFD field of view matching the FLIR turret zoom level and optics mode toggle

- added helmet mounted video feed to match MFD

- added full reskinning functionality, including decals, through hiddenSelection Textures

- fixed sound bug with M230 chain gun

- fixed gun ranging

Coyote/Jackal

- added weapon shake while firing

- removed aiming cursor

- changed registration plate variable to 'UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Land_uniqueID'

- performance (fps) improvements

Merlin

- added new vehicle: Merlin HC3 in 5 variants (18, 24 and 32 seat unarmed, plus 18 seat armed with GPMG-ARD's and CSAR)

- see a full feature list on our website

Wildcat

- added mini-HUD compass/view direction for pilot/copilot

- added MFD field of view matching the FLIR turret zoom level

- added @ace3 fast roping with FRIES gantry to Transport model

- reduced sound volume for FFV passengers on the 8 seat variant

- fixed main rotor head animation wobble

- fixed texture errors on objects seen through a damaged windscreen

- fixed cockpit MFD texture bug seen from certain angles

- lowered airframe Centre of Gravity in advanced flight model to match that in standard

Vehicle Weapons

- added: 7.62mm, .50cal and 40mm ammunition is now interchangeable between vehicles (static weapons and small arms will be included in the next BAF Weapons release).

- added: 5.56mm and 7.62mm belt-fed weapons can use either 100 or 200 round belts (75 round belts have been removed)

- changed: be aware that due to the above ammunition functionality improvements, class names for vehicle ammo have changed from v4

Its-happening-GIF.gif?gs=a

giphy.gif

6zpaTSZ.gif

Ok so just a heads-up for mission makers. I was only able to get the new 3CB Vehicles to let an existing mission to load after I deleted the binarized addons section of the mission.sqm. Not ideal but its a decent workaround and relatively painless until the 3CB team can figure out the cause.

@HeroesandVillains

You are correct, there is a backwards compatibility error with existing missions relating to the old Merlin/reskinned Mohawk (now obsolete) which we didn't spot until after release.

We have already produced and tested a fix, so we will be aiming to release a hotfix later today.

Apologies!

@HeroesandVillains

You are correct, there is a backwards compatibility error with existing missions relating to the old Merlin/reskinned Mohawk (now obsolete) which we didn't spot until after release.

We have already produced and tested a fix, so we will be aiming to release a hotfix later today.

Apologies!

Hey man don't apologize! This is my favorite mod pack on the planet so I should be thanking you!

And I especially thank you for putting out a fix so quickly and saving me the time from unbinarizing and deleting stuff in a crap ton of missions so it's a win-win really. :)

I appreciate everything and have a good night!

Hey guys!!!

Nice job .

I cant se eny of the jackaels i 3DEN editor ???

107410_20160527105925_1.png

Nerverminde!!!

• Available in Zeus:

• Units > Blufor / Empty > BAF-3CB > Air (Apache, Merlin, Wildcat)
    • Units > Blufor / Empty > BAF-3CB > Cars (Jackal and Coyote Passenger)
    • Units > Blufor / Empty > BAF-3CB > Supports (Coyote Logistics)
    • Units > Empty > BAF-3CB > Ammo (Ammo Crates & Aircraft Servicing Point Object)
    • Modules > 3CB > Aircraft Servicing Module (Aircraft Servicing Module)

Vehicles look great this far!

Do you guys have some sort of roadmap?

And also does the roadmap include FV430 series or the Warrior?

Yes we have a roadmap, but don't publish it too far into the future, both so we can react to the player base, and also so we don't disappoint.

It's here

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/in-development/timeline/

We're aware of holes in the BAF vehicle arsenal, and are discussing possibilities with Burnes.  But that's all after our current projects.