Hi Guys,

have literally just signed up just to pat you guys on the back for this mod :) Well done

I downloaded it on Saturday and have been playing it since. Awesome, atmospheric and stressful

I loathe the tornados, always about at the most inopportune times (yeah I know you can turn them off), Earthquakes also have a knack of going off whilst i'm inside too.

Not really found anything horribly wrong with the mod, other than perhaps the tornado sound effects? The source of the sound appears to stay where the tornado started from, doesn't follow it around the map, but that may be just me.

I suppose the other thing, which may have been mentioned, is when trying to launch single player mission, I usually die before the intro screen has finished. Can team switch to another character, but the Armageddon effects don't seem to kick off.

All in all, love it though, top stuff

Thank you Hellrein! We are aware of the sound issue for the tornado. It should in fact be fixed in our current internal version. Regarding Single Player, it is a bit unfortunate that steam adds the mission for SP as well as it is not at all intended and the mission is meant to be played only in MP atm (you can nevertheless test it alone by creating a local MP server). This causes a lot of confusion and 99% of the error reports on the steam workshop come from that......

Hey,

just finished testing the mod along with the mission. Great stuff! :)

I played it with recommended video settings locally, SP.

Here are my suggestions:

- various sounds for fly-by meteors, would be great if sound will travel with them as well

- sometimes the tornado spawns in full strength right beside the player

- no hints or marks for exit point, i had a flying heli and i didn't see any hints or tasks in briefing

- if you die few times loot system will stop working, no more items get spawned and existing loot seem to disappear but could be only me, however you can still find vehicles

- sometimes enemy helicopters don't seem to be affected by tornado, but could be the POW tricking me tho

- tornado hunting player is bit too accurate sometimes

- no wind or gusts, would be nice to have some to make it more believable, not necessarily strong, and will make particles look good too

There is a way to make the addon not affect other missions. I have the same problem with my addon for maxtide. Seems that you can make some sort of copy of altis. Didn't made this working yet but i'll be back if i find an easy solution.

I'm looking forward for the volcano! :bounce3:

Keep up the good work!

There is a way to make the addon not affect other missions. I have the same problem with my addon for maxtide. Seems that you can make some sort of copy of altis. Didn't made this working yet but i'll be back if i find an easy solution.

If I'm not mistaken, that's how they do it for the DayZ mod for Arma2.

i have watched psi syndicate play this mod and he brings up a menu where you can change the settings that are to do with the mod. how can i do this? i have literally spammed my keyboard and still haven't found the button :)

From what I've figured out, the menu is accessible before you join/start the game (when hosting locally on LAN) The briefing page with the map (I think just after selecting your role....or before)

Although, I haven't figured out how to change the parameters.

Beat it tonight..lucky spawn :D

@Mrmadness: Only the admin of the server can do that (in the MP lobby: parameters on the right top).

@aliascartoons:

- various sounds for fly-by meteors, would be great if sound will travel with them as well

This was planned. I didn't find the right sound effectsyet though.

- sometimes the tornado spawns in full strength right beside the player

It is supposed to be randomly spawning.

- no hints or marks for exit point, i had a flying heli and i didn't see any hints or tasks in briefing

indeed, we should make it more clear that the goal is to leave the map boundaries. People do not know what to do once they have a helicopter!

- if you die few times loot system will stop working, no more items get spawned and existing loot seem to disappear but could be only me, however you can still find vehicles

I didn't experience this issue, but I am rewriting the loot system from scratch, so it shouldn't be a problem after the next update.

- sometimes enemy helicopters don't seem to be affected by tornado, but could be the POW tricking me tho

Air vehicles are not affected by the tornado yet.

- tornado hunting player is bit too accurate sometimes

This is random and if you feel hunted, you are unlucky ;).

- no wind or gusts, would be nice to have some to make it more believable, not necessarily strong, and will make particles look good too

I have a draft of some effects for that, but I have a lot to fix for the volcanoes and the already present effects, so this will have to wait.

Thank you for clarification!

Problem with tornado is that i died 3 times in row cuz the spawn point it so close to the point of death. :)

No need to spawn so close.

Tornado looks good when they are far :) Will make sense to have a gradual increase of intensity.

When i mentioned the wind i had in mind mostly the in-game basic wind effect, is strange to have such a climatic chaos and the vegetation be still :)

Until more advanced wind effect you can just tweak wind parameter in editor.

Indeed, there is an issue with the curent respawn. Not only with tornadoes in fact. It was never intended to be the final way of doing things. We plan to change it but we are currently focused on redoing the Loot system, fixing a few bugs and finalizing the volcano.

The wind is chosen that way for a reason, but a magician never reveals his secret ;). Ok, I am a bad magician: it is because, when the tide syncing is activated (experimental feature in the mission parameters), the time is adjusted once in a while, which leads the clouds to teleport if there is wind. I could add some wind when this option is not chosen.

I did experiment a bit with that, but I encountered some weird issues (the Altis copy and the regular Altis seem to be randomly chosen which leads to something even more confusing for the players). If you find the solution, I am highly interested ;)!

Hello Humans,

@ super-truite and his crew, thank you so much for this mod !!! It is absolutely fantastic !! The effects, visuals etc. As Hellreign stated, I also just signed up to the forum to congratulate you guys !!! I thank a certain youtuber for opening our eyes, mine and 3 of my friends, to this mod. We must of put over 5 hours of failed attempts into this mod, mostly due to getting side tracked byt the visual then getting picked up and spat out by a tornado, blown up by cars, floating in the water, killing AI etc etc etc.

I have read this whole thread and I can see most peoples responses and experiences have been positive, keep up the good work !!!

I know you guys are still putting in a lot of work as you have explained with regards to the tide and AI reacting to it and that you do not want to reveal to much with regards to the future of this mod BUT !! please please give me a wink, nod or a smiley face icon if you are busy planning on creating a multiplayer that has lets say 30 people playing it at once, three factions, Op for 10, Blue for 10, Independent 10. All three factions battling it out trying to escape :P

Thank you very much for this mod!

Today discovered it on armaholic.com

Playing with my son)

how can the database is okay on my server? or the game is only possible in one session?

and one more question, which file is "Help menu"? I want to translate the "Help" in Russian.

Thank you!

Edited by koriaba
database and Help

Hi koriaba, sorry, I didn't understand your first question. My roomate is russian, so send me a private message in russian if needed.

Regarding the "Help Menu", it is located in the description.ext (CfgHints).

Hello, super-truite!

You - the good fellow!

"Help Menu", it is located in the description.ext (CfgHints).

Thank you! send pm.

Yes, sorry, I missed it, I got a few of them at the same time and I am busy with RL duties. I will be in a Arma compatible mindset tomorrow ;).

Video looks incredible. Will try it this weekend! Great work!

I tried this in single player and while it spawns my team, the first unit (player) dies. Anyway to play this in SP? Or do I need to host a localserver to play this?

You need to play it in local mutiplayer to try it in SP. For some reason, when downloaded from the workshop, the mission is added to the SP missions, which creates a lot of confusion...

@super-truite

Small suggestion, i would replace the hint that tells you about incoming meteors with a strong flashing light emitted by them when they strike the atmosphere, is what i use and is looking great.

That text message breaks the immersion for me a little bit but is not a biggy :)

@super-truite

I love your mod))

but there problemy FPS sags and lags when playing in a pair.

poorly optimized.

disabled only earthquake.

Please do not throw mod)

Good luck! We wait with hope patches.

my russian server

212.75.210.95:2315

Welcome!

p.s.

game is located on the server hosting our provider network exchange of very high quality, faster, even though we live in Siberia)

Edited by koriaba

First off, thanks for all the praise and the feedback, guys!

@super-truite

but there problemy FPS sags and lags when playing in a pair.

poorly optimized.

disabled only earthquake.

Konaba, can you be a bit more specfic as to what is happening when you experience fps lag spikes? Are there any obvious patterns as to when these occur? So, if I understand corrrectly, you disabled just the earthquakes and all the other special effects are active and you're seeing lag spikes?

thanks for the reaction / response

you know you have not noticed patterns .... yesterday played three - the lag was not, I do not understand ... try it yourself ..)

yesterday, everything works fine.

gorgeous fashion! to distract from the Epoch)

yes, an earthquake off.

Anyone played it until the end in localhost SP mode? How about the balance?

Supertruite, when will we see volvcanoes? Can't wait. BTW, I've seen PsiSyndicate has been playing it, see Youtube, that will probably drag maaaany people to your mission.