Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

Sounds like a secondary symptom - I'd conclude the underlying condition is more a case of being challenge-averse.

What one man calls a legitimate challenge, another sees as a ridiculous concept so silly that's its beyond consideration.

When I slow jog for 10 seconds and my rifle then violently jerks around like im having a seizure, its hard to suspend disbelief and pretend to embody a trained soldier or even a grown man holding a gun without the crippling disadvantage of two broken arms. Enjoying the infantry experience at all becomes difficult with such an intelligence insulting mechanic that seriously impedes even making what should be relatively easy shots.

That's my opinion anyway. So strongly do I hold it that I miss out on awesome (sounding) things like shooting from vehicles and this map just so this absurdity cant be forced upon me again. Maybe one day I'll build up the nerve to take my chances on an update, or better yet find a way to return my game to its current state should an update ruin the enjoyment, but for now the risk is too great. I cant fathom having to suffer through that nonsense again.

Mate, there are lots of mods that directly fix sway... ACE3 being one of them.

I too hate the vanilla mechanics, but they're not forced on you if you stay abreast of the mods that fix em...

The first RC for CUP terrains just came out, and has fixes for all vegetation from the previous games.  That would make this map completely fine for co-op.  When I ran Arma 3 with CUP Terrains instead of AiA, there's a small error when starting Arma 3 that says "Addon CST_Orshanets requires addon AiA_Plants_Data".  I hope that isn't too difficult of a fix because this map is really good, and coupled with the fixes from CUP Terrains it can make for some very fun co-op fights. 

The first RC for CUP terrains just came out, and has fixes for all vegetation from the previous games.  That would make this map completely fine for co-op.  When I ran Arma 3 with CUP Terrains instead of AiA, there's a small error when starting Arma 3 that says "Addon CST_Orshanets requires addon AiA_Plants_Data".  I hope that isn't too difficult of a fix because this map is really good, and coupled with the fixes from CUP Terrains it can make for some very fun co-op fights. 

Already tried CUP's /ca and it looks like fully compatible with AIA to me, but atm CUP's walls and fences are not upgraded (wrong destruction animation), i hope it will be fixed. BTW, just made better script for destroying wires with corresponding poles.

I'm really enjoying this map, thanks! I do have one question though, of course depending on if the next version is soon or not, but could you possibly release a small hotfix for the AiA error on startup? It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. 

This map is insanely awesome just loving the feel of real, lived in environment with dense backyards and country roads. Sure I read a comment here about this being better for PvP due to clutter but its actually very entertaining against AI using the Greenfist O' View Meter -the clutter view is indeed vastly improved. Kudos to BI AI team.

Good luck with the ongoing project.

• Like 1

This map is insanely awesome just loving the feel of real, lived in environment with dense backyards and country roads. Sure I read a comment here about this being better for PvP due to clutter but its actually very entertaining against AI using the Greenfist O' View Meter -the clutter view is indeed vastly improved. Kudos to BI AI team.

Good luck with the ongoing project.

Its not that its better or not for PvP. If the objects are not configured or built right the AI can see through them. Im sure CUP will fix this over time though, I don't know if shelestov uses any of his own custom vegetation in the map or pulls from CUP and the base game.

Still alive out there Sheletsov?

Don't want to see this beautiful project go to waste :(

Still alive out there Sheletsov?

Alive, You can be sure -- i'll finish this or die trying.

• Like 10

Alive, You can be sure -- i'll finish this or die trying.

Coming soon update?

Could you tell us the classnames of all the buildings used in the Map? Also if they have "positions" available?

Could you tell us the classnames of all the buildings used in the Map? Also if they have "positions" available?

Can't tell really, sorry. They are mostly AIA/CUP depending on what You use.

Hi

to your information, having your map in arma 3 root not enabled makes it impossible for other players to join hosted multiplayer missions.

had to remove and delete your map folder from arma 3 root to get multiplayer working again.

king regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Please do potholes on the sandy roads. In reality, the sandy roads are wavy.

https://goo.gl/maps/pExFKgV7oF22

I'll see what i can do.

Hi

to your information, having your map in arma 3 root not enabled makes it impossible for other players to join hosted multiplayer missions.

had to remove and delete your map folder from arma 3 root to get multiplayer working again.

king regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Thank You.

Hi

king regards

maquez [Q-Net]

I can't imagine how is this even possible.

Only possibility i can think is when a mission maker created a mission targeted for *Vanilla crowd (in example)..and

during that time (by mistake) he was also running Orshanets also-while he was on editor

-so he created a "dependency-by-mistake"

On the other hand..server was running the *new mission (with hidden dependency)

while Orshanets  addon was active/running on server  parameters..while

STILL the mission was created (in example ) for *Vanilla.

If i m wrong ..please feel free to correct me.

it did happen with every mission we used for test, even with vanilla arma3 missions from BI

we disabled also all addons ... vanilla arma3 and it did still happen

we both installed several times arma3 new...

but still, every time he tried to join my hosted multiplayer game he spawned out in the nowhere of a sea

my friend and I spent days and nearly lost our nerves to get rid of this damn error

then one evening testing again, we got both rid of all addons in arma3 root ... and you know what.....it worked :P

since then I installed all addons back apart of this map and this error did not come back

so my question @giorgyr is, what tells you this?... let me see when you registered, ah I see 2008... you should know it better

arma can generate freaking strange errors/behaviors if something is bad or incorrect configured from a addon

usually I know what I do and do not quick and without further investigation from my side start complain about every bullshit error toward developers of addons

for information toward the addon developer ...

- my friend had not installed the map only me the host

- I do use A3synch, the map was in the list of the launcher but not enabled

Excellent work. So long I waited for this district. Also I hope that work on Orshanets is continued.

Hi, the sky currently is dark after Apex (devbuild) updates... any change on this?