Sign in to follow this  
laxemann

L_Twitch - Slight "twitching" when someone fires nearby

LAxemann presents

L_Twitch

"Twitching" when someone fires nearby

What's Twitch about?

"Twitch" let's you (surprise!) "twitch" (slight camShake) when someone fires nearby.

It's based on the same idea as ExShake: Making very simple, small mods that try to increase the player's immersion.

Features:

• Twitching when someone/something fires nearby

• The intensity is based on the fired weapon's caliber aswell as the distance to the shooter

• Larger calibers (some HMGs, autocannons, 120mm cannons etc.) will cause a _slight_ blur when standing very close to the shooting weapon system

• An userconfig to disable the addOn (useful in communities with fixed modsets where not everyone wants to play with the mod)

Known Issues

None known so far

Where can we download that stuff?

Here (Dropbox, V 0.90)

Changelog

0.9 - Initial release

Credits

• My buddy [W] JeremiahRose for coming up with this idea that I should've come up with ages ago, haha!

• BIS for ArmA3

• People like Foxhound that dedicate tons of their spare time to keep the information flow running!

Edited by LAxemann

New mod v0.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@l_twitch.png

@ LAxemann ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

i like all these little immersion enhancers. you should consider joinng them into one addon. not a big deal having them seperate but they pretty much have the same goal and complement eachother.

anyways. great job. keep it up!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It's the little things that make a BIG difference, Thanks for sharing your work.:smile_o:

This is awesome.. and the fact that your videos use JSRS DragonFyre make them more awesome and make me want BOTH mods even more!! Great work LAxemann

Nice one, reminds me in Iraq when two guys were shooting to the left and right of me, fuck that shit sucked... Thanks!

Thanks a lot! completes the experience with Sakura's weapon shake.

This is a great mod for more immersion. LAxemann are you also planning on releasing death scream mod. I'm still using the one you provided as an example and if expanded on I think it would make an excellent mod for more immersion :)

I like this.

#edit: I made a comment about the userconfig-thingy, which was not necessary, since you've explained it. :D I'd certainly would rather like to use a version without the need for a userconfig, as clientside addons could just as well be managed without that, in my opinion - and my unit uses a somewhat fixed modsets. Some clientside-addons can be used to the player's likings, but userconfigs are kind of a pain in the arse, as they are mostly the only thing that has to go to the game-folder specifically.

It's fine for all communities that use the equalModRequired-parameter. But let's be honest: With this parameter you made a decision for your players. They either use your mods or they don't play. If you want them to be able to enable or disable clientside-addons you wouldn't really use this parameter, rendering the userconfig unneccessarry.

Edited by Belbo

i like all these little immersion enhancers. you should consider joinng them into one addon. not a big deal having them seperate but they pretty much have the same goal and complement eachother.

anyways. great job. keep it up!

you two should consider joinnig into one and complement eachother.

it may sound ambiguous but i even might join in.

fantastic stuff.great video demoing it too ;)

I have question,will this conflict with a mod that causes cam shake when firing your own weapon?Or will it just increase intensity?

fantastic stuff.great video demoing it too ;)

I have question,will this conflict with a mod that causes cam shake when firing your own weapon?Or will it just increase intensity?

Nope, it doesn't add camshake when you're firing yourself, so that's just fine. :)

I've got this message with dev branch (maybe with stable I don't know)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ljrm9k.png

Has nothing to do with the dev but you not having the userconfig copied :P

This is a great mod for more immersion. LAxemann are you also planning on releasing death scream mod. I'm still using the one you provided as an example and if expanded on I think it would make an excellent mod for more immersion :)

Me too!

"Am I gonna die......"

Please work more on this after DragonFrye

Suggestion great sir, would you consider placing all your amazing immersion boosters into one Addon pack? For example, LAxemann's Immersive pack, or L_Immersive, or something. Your reverb addons, this, are just an amazing addition to Arma 3.

How about making player twitch when he fires his own gun. In short: recoil effect!

How about making player twitch when he fires his own gun. In short: recoil effect!

Already done, I'll make an "immersion bundle" or so out of twitch, exshake, the recoil etc. as soon as I've got some spare time :)