Just now, AZCoder said:

There were no women in Laws of War, not unless they plan to retro add them later. I looked at all the civs in that DLC, all dudes.

Thats what i said-they may have been teasing it. The AAN article in the tutorial tent is written by a woman-and she is pictured in the article. Anyway, I am sure they won't be that inconsiderate Zee ;)

• Like 1

I dunno man, after the "coincidental" NVG design from Apex i'm not so sure ;) it would just be very frustrating if i got this far and was so close to getting a decent version out then BI brings out women

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zeealex said:

I dunno man, after the "coincidental" NVG design from Apex i'm not so sure ;) it would just be very frustrating if i got this far and was so close to getting a decent version out then BI brings out women

Ah..I wouldnt let it keep you awake at night. There is no guarantee at all they are doing anything.

I always wondered... Would introducing full-pledged female characters into A3 really increase the sales of the product??

Always wondered - how important is the civilian aspects to the entire playerbase? Is an ability to play multiple genders really that critical that it needs big development resources that could be spent on something more worthwhile (like Jets DLC, Tanks DLC, etc.)?

@zeealex I wouldn't worry about BIS stepping in with a female frontier and nullifying all of your great efforts as BIS probably sees no actual benefit in bringing the full-pledged female aspects into Arma as it'd require new animation sets, new models, expansion of the radio protocol, even... hair simulation? :D

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents..whether BI add female characters to Arma 3 is debatable, but the fully fleshed out female characters in DayZ SA are surely a sign that they will be part of Arma 4.

• Like 4

Well, there's a chance, anyway. Given that they do reuse assets from time to time (at least when they're on the same engine), we might see female civilians make a comeback, at least.

• Like 1

GPU installed, gloriously smooth! :3

This is Costa - she has a messy bun and still needs some work on the eyes as you can probably tell

arma3_x64_2017_09_27_20_02_53_68_by_zeea

arma3_x64_2017_09_27_20_02_53_69_by_zeea

• Like 22

Wow-really nice work Zee! (Although I did first think it read "She has a messy bum") 

• Like 5

2d waifus are overrated. 3d is where it's at.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:21 AM, inlesco said:

I always wondered... Would introducing full-pledged female characters into A3 really increase the sales of the product??

Always wondered - how important is the civilian aspects to the entire playerbase? Is an ability to play multiple genders really that critical that it needs big development resources that could be spent on something more worthwhile (like Jets DLC, Tanks DLC, etc.)?

@zeealex I wouldn't worry about BIS stepping in with a female frontier and nullifying all of your great efforts as BIS probably sees no actual benefit in bringing the full-pledged female aspects into Arma as it'd require new animation sets, new models, expansion of the radio protocol, even... hair simulation? :D

I think so.  I know girl games that would buy the game.  Several of us are waiting for more Zeewomen as we call them.   A3 and the fact you can develop your own maps is a good driving force in having civilian women.  Map makers will welcome them.  

6 hours ago, zeealex said:

This is Costa - she has a messy bun and still needs some work on the eyes as you can probably tell

Looking good.  That's me before coffee but the shape, facial features and hair are excellent.  Is this in the package yet? 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 9:26 PM, zeealex said:

Oh my god, she looks awesome! Well done! :eyeheart:

• Like 4

feel free to pitch in names for the next head in the works, not sure on her ethnicity yet, but i'm going to try and go for Asian as it's my kryptonite and if i can get that right, we're making progress. 

Also, Male heads are getting an upgrade too! :D

Also Also, brenda the dependa is now a fully fledged placeable character. 

• Like 6

Also Also, brenda the dependa is now a fully fledged placeable character. 

THAT is awesome news! Does it mean I can place her and equip her with gear from other mods and she still keeps her female head & body?

• Like 1

Oh my! Zee! They look so good! Thank you!

Just so you know that your old work is still getting much love, here is a fan screenshot of one of our gamer girls character in our group that you made for us!

We play at least once a week, She loves it, we love it! Thank you!

cCFjmGK.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you Zeealex for keep on updating this mod, my other friends that are female like playing female characters in arma 3.  BI needs to get on the simulation train for female veterans as more and more countries are allowing females into combat roles (EG USA).

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, zeealex said:

Thinking of having a hair day tomorrow... will let you know if anything productive appears. 

In the meantime, say hi to... uuuh, I haven't found a name for her yet. pitch ideas by all means!

Created from a new base mesh I bought from Gumroad, she'll obviously have hair at some point...

screenshot1306_by_zeealex-dbemzue.png

Hi All, 

She looks like a Robyn. Have you considered red or auburn hair?

I have been watching your mod development for some time with keen interest. 
I always thought that ARMA was missing female characters, I went looking for female character mods and found @zeealex.

I have tried out @zeealex in such maps as Altis, Tanoa and Chernarus in the editor and on my modded server.

I use such mods as ace3, ALiVE, CUP, mef, command and control and a few others
However I noticed that sometimes previously chosen male identities were (randomly?) replaced with female heads, and heads on female bodies were replaced with default male heads.

This immersion breaking occurence forced me to remove zeealex from my mod set.

I would like to try zeealex again. SO I was wondering if this happenstance has been fixed or even noticed by any other admins.

If so, is there a fix?

Thanks for reading.

the randomization is the heads being chosen by the engine at random because of their identity type, in V3 this will be removed 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2