Sign in to follow this  
walker

22 US Veterans Kill themselves everyday and no one gives a shit.

Hi all

Two links for you to compare and contrast.

https://news.vice.com/article/at-least-22-veterans-kill-themselves-every-day-and-no-one-gives-a-shit

http://leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/iraq-top-10-corporate-winners.jpg?w=604&h=478

Time for a 50% levy on those who profiteered on veterans lives?

It would help reduce the numbers of homeless veterans and ameliorate the lives of those veterans and their families damaged by a senseless war.

Kind Regards walker

Wow, I never knew those numbers... that's unbelievably messed up.

At that rate, suicides will surpass those who were killed in action.

The tragic is that the US are repeating the same mistakes they did after the Vietnam War

Well, it should be in the USA politics thread as the lack of solidarity is a policy per se. Moreover, dirty wars with little to no legitimacy aren't good for veterans who fought them. Vietnam was an example, the Irak venture is another one.

Hi all

In reply to ProfTournesol

The thread is about how US veterans are treated, veterans support is vastly underfunded while those who profiteered run off with US tax payers cash.

It is for US citizens to decide what to do about it not politicians.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I being a Veteran myself have known about this for years, and yes you are right most of the population do not care but that is because most of them do not even know how bad it has gotten. I am glad it is finally getting out to the public , so they understand that even though you are not active anymore ect., that we are still fighting a war that will never end for alot of us.

That is very very sad. People are just being abused by their governments and thrown out once there is no use for them anymore.

What happened to the "Government of the people, by the people, for the people", when did it perish from the Earth. Did it actually ever exist?

The tragic is that the US are repeating the same mistakes they did after the Vietnam War
Oh yes and our Armed Forces the Bundeswehr is doing the same because we tend to mimic the US.

Oh yes and our Armed Forces the Bundeswehr is doing the same because we tend to mimic the US.

Sadly yes. It is pretty much the same in Croatia. Veterans get used and then nobody the government doesn´t give a shit about them any more...

Sadly yes. It is pretty much the same in Croatia. Veterans get used and then nobody the government doesn´t give a shit about them any more...
I know of nobody who did not went there for anynthign else then those extra 98€ a day tax free. And all I can ask them again and again is: "was it worth it?" I remeber very well how we were asked to volunteer for Somalia back then in 1993. We all sat in a room and only one door wing was open. to leave the romm after the breifing you had to go past the desk with the volunteer list...everyone could see if you just walked out without signing. I signed just because I did not wanted to be one of the "cowards". Todax I know that thse that ingnored the pressure were not the cowards...we that did were.

Hi there

I'm not surprised at all.

Henry Kissinger

Military personnel are stupid animals to be used as pawns on the chess board of politics

It started with the Vietnam war and got worse every war the US fought.

Watch this documentary it's about the Gulf war illness and how the military, the VA, Congress, the US Government lying to their teeth that the US troops were exposed to a variety of chemical, biological Weapons apart form all the experimental vaccine shots they received and on top of that the use of depleted uranium ammunition. These vets are completely abandoned because the authorities deny their exposure.

It is really heartbreaking to see how much they are suffering and the US government really gives a shit. So I'm not surprised at all. it will getting worse . . . a high percentage of vets are homeless and without job. The US government will do it again and again, they deny any responsibility unless the people of the world will unite and force the US and Nato to stop this shit. The use of depleted Uranium ammunition is a crime against humanity.

Please watch this video because it is highly educative on that subject.

Peace

That is very very sad. People are just being abused by their governments and thrown out once there is no use for them anymore.

What happened to the "Government of the people, by the people, for the people", when did it perish from the Earth. Did it actually ever exist?

It turned into "Government of the corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations". That's why they went in to iraq to begin with, there was profit to be made.

It turned into "Government of the corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations". That's why they went in to iraq to begin with, there was profit to be made.

And these Corporate entities run unbridled now that the supreme court has basically allowed unlimited funding to their favorite politician -how this makes sense for a supposed Democracy is beyond me. Further, these corporate interests often masqerade themselves as "Patriots", "The Free Market", "The Shining Beacon Fighting Valiantly Against The Communist Horde" while draped in the US flag. They are the opposite of true Americanism but have somehow lulled the masses as their pawns...

I remember after 911, anyone not for the war, ANY war against someone of an arabic persuasion was instantly labeled "Unpatriotic" or "Sympathizer". Hell FOX news hosts like O'Reilly were literally screaming at combat vets coming back injured as "Traitorous" when they cast doubt on the legitimecy of the war. This is mind blowing and now the truth is revealed how much the Protectors of Liberty really care about these soldiers when they come back to public apathy, Gov't neglect and and an even wealthier coporations who seem to remain above the fray.

Cant speak for The US. But suicide seems to be ignored in general by the public until it the media finds the right story. Here it tends to be a 15 year old who was cyber bullied.

I cant tell you how many IDF members take their lives but regardless if you are a veteren whos gone through war. Or a young teenager you cant get better access to services because of who you are. You need access to better services full stop.

1892 persons since the beginning of the year? Am I wrong or is it really more than battle casualties during active part of Iraq war for the same time period?

We didn't go into Iraq because corporations thought it would be a great idea, we did because of political stupidity across the board and a massive screw up by our intelligence agencies.

Was a legitimate war? Of course it was as the concept of a "legitimate war" is idiotic. We never pretended those weren't American troops (just airsofters). Saddam was a typical paranoid/insane Middle Eastern dictator who was terrible to his people and certainly wasn't innocent. The real question is "was it worth the cost" and it wasn't. They're going right back to killing each other and their government can't contain an enemy they outnumber and outclass without the aid of American blood and treasure. It seems that creating a "better Iraq" was always a hopeless cause.

It would have been interesting to see how Saddam would react to the mess in Syria, Egypt, and Libya. Things probably wouldn't work out any better, but they probably wouldn't work out any worse for us either.

Is it any surprise that so few give a damn about veterans? Look at the current state of our culture. Look at the complete incompetence of the VA. Look at these jackasses more concerned with social engineering, political correctness, and buying votes than the state of our military or those serving at it. I'm sure the system these politicians create around themselves has helped ensure the highest ranking in our military are spineless boot-licks too. When is the last time a general or admiral spoke out about the dreadful state of things?

Nettrucker the whole "depleted uranium is super-toxic" myth needs to end. ALL heavy metals are bad for you in large enough doses but depleted uranium is little if any worse than tungsten for example. "Gulf War sickness" is most likely due to exposure to any number of chemical/biological weapons the Iraqis had or the drugs issued intended to counteract such weapons. No chemical or biological weapons were used directly against coalition forces but there are all sorts of ways our soldiers could have been exposed to limited doses of such things. Even stuff like all of those burning oil wells has got to be bad to breathe in.

It seems that creating a "better Iraq" was always a hopeless cause.

No No No , i don't think anyone cares about the wellness of any other country ! Iraq was "fine" during Saddam's days ... yes he murdered maybe some kurds,but i am sure he had his reasons (he gave them a part of the country anyway),maybe betrayal or dealing in his back,but it was part of "keeping things calm" plan ! it's sad,but some people only understand brutal methods !

it's really sad, sadly it's not just US problem, veterans are often overseen and under supported ...

but in US veteran're are large number so I wonder why there is no veteran party / organization actually fighting these problems

cause they shall be able to shape the political map

it's really sad, sadly it's not just US problem, veterans are often overseen and under supported ...

but in US veteran're are large number so I wonder why there is no veteran party / organization actually fighting these problems

cause they shall be able to shape the political map

There is an organisation inside the administration that should care...but guess what...they don't care. http://www.va.gov/ the last VA secretary Shinseki just "resigned". http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/30/eric-shinseki-resigns-over-veterans-affairs-healthcare-scandal

Hi all

As I said it is for the people to decide what happens if democracy has failed.

Kind Regards walker

@ RECONTEAM

With all due respect, but I personally believe that the myth is the other way around. This shit is highly radioactive and whoever is telling you otherwise is lying. This is quite different IMHO. Yeah it's true that heavy metals are very bad but there's a big difference between ammunition which is declared to be made out of depleted Uranium and conventional ammunition. Just alone the fact that it's called depleted. This shit was made out of enriched Uranium. The US is dumping

their nuclear waste in others peoples (countries) backyard. How would the Americans react if some other country would dump their nuclear waste in their backyard?

BR

p.s Did you watch the documentary? Please watch it and listen to the testimony of the 1st Gulf war vets. They tell something different. Their health is destroyed, they will never recover and there are completely abandoned. The US government denies they were exposed and nobody gives a shit.

Edited by nettrucker
grammar added and post scriptum

There is an organisation inside the administration that should care...but guess what...they don't care. http://www.va.gov/ the last VA secretary Shinseki just "resigned". http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/30/eric-shinseki-resigns-over-veterans-affairs-healthcare-scandal

I though about more proactive part, like breaking the 2 party scheme ;)

We didn't go into Iraq because corporations thought it would be a great idea, we did because of political stupidity across the board and a massive screw up by our intelligence agencies.

Was a legitimate war? Of course it was as the concept of a "legitimate war" is idiotic. We never pretended those weren't American troops (just airsofters). Saddam was a typical paranoid/insane Middle Eastern dictator who was terrible to his people and certainly wasn't innocent. The real question is "was it worth the cost" and it wasn't. They're going right back to killing each other and their government can't contain an enemy they outnumber and outclass without the aid of American blood and treasure. It seems that creating a "better Iraq" was always a hopeless cause.

It would have been interesting to see how Saddam would react to the mess in Syria, Egypt, and Libya. Things probably wouldn't work out any better, but they probably wouldn't work out any worse for us either.

Is it any surprise that so few give a damn about veterans? Look at the current state of our culture. Look at the complete incompetence of the VA. Look at these jackasses more concerned with social engineering, political correctness, and buying votes than the state of our military or those serving at it. I'm sure the system these politicians create around themselves has helped ensure the highest ranking in our military are spineless boot-licks too. When is the last time a general or admiral spoke out about the dreadful state of things?

Nettrucker the whole "depleted uranium is super-toxic" myth needs to end. ALL heavy metals are bad for you in large enough doses but depleted uranium is little if any worse than tungsten for example. "Gulf War sickness" is most likely due to exposure to any number of chemical/biological weapons the Iraqis had or the drugs issued intended to counteract such weapons. No chemical or biological weapons were used directly against coalition forces but there are all sorts of ways our soldiers could have been exposed to limited doses of such things. Even stuff like all of those burning oil wells has got to be bad to breathe in.

A lot of false information in this post.

To see why the US went to war you just have to look up who got really rich through that.

The former Vice president for example with his company Halliburton. The Arms industry with their strong Lobby, the private security sector etc. A few people who "incidentally" had high positions, or ties to such positions in the Bush administration got filthy rich because of that war.

DU Ammunition is bad, really bad. Child cancer rates in combat regions in Irak have gone up after every gulf war where this stuff was used.