Sign in to follow this  
Janez

Far Cry 4

No doubt this has some kind of postFX and whatnot that game wont have but judging by how FC3 was a massive improvement over FC2 I reckon this will be a great game. Looking forward to see more about it.

I'm only quarter a way through Farcry 3 after 6mnths, i try to like it but hate it really :) the islands just seem like fc2 with a texture change, and although they got rid of the checkpoints, the enemy are very predictable.. I think I liked fc2 better minus the checkpoints, so don't think I'll get 4.

True but regarding weapon handling, weapon reloading and movement animations, attachments (although you have to use mods to have them all in SP - WTF) its way better then FC2.

I loved all the Far Cry games with their open world, beautiful graphics, outlandish storylines and emergent gameplay. FC4 looks like an impressive continuation of this tradition.

True but regarding weapon handling, weapon reloading and movement animations, attachments (although you have to use mods to have them all in SP - WTF) its way better then FC2.

I think im just not relating to the story as much, imho FC2 had a lot more character to it, also the spawning of AI is as predictable as the checkpoints from FC2, and U play is a peice of sh!te (whinge moan haha) i do try to lighten up and play it for what it is when i do jump back in,

anyway any recommended mods for Farcry 3?

This looks more like a FC3 expansion than a new whole sequel but hey it can be fun tho

I think im just not relating to the story as much, imho FC2 had a lot more character to it, also the spawning of AI is as predictable as the checkpoints from FC2, and U play is a peice of sh!te (whinge moan haha) i do try to lighten up and play it for what it is when i do jump back in,

anyway any recommended mods for Farcry 3?

Story was better in some ways, sure and Uplay is bad. Worse even when you have the game on Steam, you still need Uplay.

Mods are nothing like Arma or Skyrim. Its more in line of tweaks and some reskins.

If you are interested check out Far Cry 3 Nexus, there is bunch of different compilations so pick the one that suits you. I just seen one here that is very basic, you might want to start with that one.

You can also check the thread on Ubisoft Forums about modding.

far-cry-4-700x480.jpg7de97186fdc780bacb73d732f2e40032.jpeg

Far_Cry_4_64118.jpg220px-Merkel_Raute.svg.png

I don´t know what it is really but imho their antagonist seems completely wrong/strangé :confused:

@RH :icon_lol:

Anyway I hope this time they leave out the QTE boss fights,but Ubi being Bubi slim chance.

Yeah those QTE events are stupid in any game but in FC3 those whole scenes were really WTF. They probably shouldn't encourage smoking crack :).

Eh? The only drug scenes were the mushrooms and when you get stabbed (spoiler alert). I wonder why we didn't start seeing things happening when we were burning the weed farms...either way I'd say they encouraged doing drugs about as much as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas did.

Yeah, no shit.

That spoiler alert is misplaced :P

It's exactly the same as Far Cry 3 but with a different map, storyline, and a few new (yet cool) features. Definitely improved upon Far Cry 3. I prefer the look of Far Cry 4 as it doesn't look as bright and vivid like Far Cry 3. I must also say that Far Cry 4 has some of the best looking water and water effects I've ever seen in a game.

Edited by Nicholas

It's exactly the same as Far Cry 3 but with a different map, storyline, and a few new (yet cool) features. Definitely improved upon Far Cry 3. I prefer the look of Far Cry 4 as it doesn't look as bright and vivid like Far Cry 3. I must also say that Far Cry 4 has some of the best looking water and water effects I've ever seen in a game.

Yea i agree - i really like their Nepal ehm Kyrat map , it's so nice colorful and surprisingly accurate to real Nepal locations

I really wish that A3 Altis was this colorful and not so washed out/dull look

I have to keep saying it but Far Cry does have THE BEST Antagonist.... those crazy bastards are bloody awesome xD

Yea i agree - i really like their Nepal ehm Kyrat map , it's so nice colorful and surprisingly accurate to real Nepal locations

I really wish that A3 Altis was this colorful and not so washed out/dull look

The map in Far Cry 4 is probably one of the most beautiful and detailed I've ever played (hint to BIS: running water, lakes and puddles make a map much more attractive and enjoyable). When I'm not getting attacked by wildlife or shot at, I usually just walk around with my eyes boggling out of my head at how fantastic it looks. I had to mod the hell out of Skyrim to get it looking anywhere near as pretty as Kyrat does out of the box.

In fact the game itself is fantastic, the best in the series as far as I'm concerned and probably the best game of 2014 for me. Most of the complaints I had about FC2 and FC3 have been addressed (in particular, the ability to remove that !@#$ing minimap), the story is better and more thoughtful, the protagonist less of a dickhead, the main antagonist funnier, the voice acting better, the in game choices more consequential, there's more to do, and once you adjust to the skewed reality of the game world, it's unbelievably engrossing and exhilarating to play.

My only real compaints are technical: I get a decent (50-60fps) framerate on a modest i5/GTX660/16Gb with all settings on high but the stuttering when flying/driving is too noticeable. It's a pretty good console port as copnsole ports go, but there's room for improvement.

People like to hate on Ubisoft (and mostly deservedly so) but I reckon FC4 is a bloody good effort from them compared to some of their recent crap.

The map in Far Cry 4 is probably one of the most beautiful and detailed I've ever played (hint to BIS: running water, lakes and puddles make a map much more attractive and enjoyable). When I'm not getting attacked by wildlife or shot at, I usually just walk around with my eyes boggling out of my head at how fantastic it looks. I had to mod the hell out of Skyrim to get it looking anywhere near as pretty as Kyrat does out of the box.

In fact the game itself is fantastic, the best in the series as far as I'm concerned and probably the best game of 2014 for me. Most of the complaints I had about FC2 and FC3 have been addressed (in particular, the ability to remove that !@#$ing minimap), the story is better and more thoughtful, the protagonist less of a dickhead, the main antagonist funnier, the voice acting better, the in game choices more consequential, there's more to do, and once you adjust to the skewed reality of the game world, it's unbelievably engrossing and exhilarating to play.

My only real compaints are technical: I get a decent (50-60fps) framerate on a modest i5/GTX660/16Gb with all settings on high but the stuttering when flying/driving is too noticeable. It's a pretty good console port as copnsole ports go, but there's room for improvement.

People like to hate on Ubisoft (and mostly deservedly so) but I reckon FC4 is a bloody good effort from them compared to some of their recent crap.

Haven't had any problems like that. i played on a PC that runs A3 on 28 - 30 fps but FC4 made a incredible 90 FPS (everything on high)

also i had not a SINGLE bug though that might be because i bought it 5-10 days after release

tpw: have a look over google for stuttering fix. it is a simple .ini line to manual edit, had the same issue on my i72600k@4gh/gtx780/16gb Ram

i would direct you to it but i am on phone

I like the different endings...

because there is no "good" and no "evil" ending... all endings are evil in their way. I applaud the devs for making a pretty realistic plot scenario in contrary to a hollywood white/black one.

Lets say it like this. i think you kill the good ending :P Pagan is my hero xD

You know , when you wait for Pagan (first time in his palace) 13min , he goes back and there you got the secret ending

kinda funny i must say and also the most realistic from them all :D

You know , when you wait for Pagan (first time in his palace) 13min , he goes back and there you got the secret ending

kinda funny i must say and also the most realistic from them all :D

allready know that but it could have been more you know maybe an abilety to join him and destroy the rebels who are fighting geurillia style ;)

If anyone wants to try the game and has a PS4 I have some "Keys to Kyrat".