koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

I pboed a download from github ~5 days ago. I cannot get the "holster weapon" hotkey working (whatever I set, it does not holster weapon), is that a known issue or will I have to search on my end?

BTW, as AGM is quality! Take out the goggles raindrops effect, it is ugly ;) Compared to the one in tpw_mods.

Hi, I'm tring to build a very simple mission with AGM, but I can't make respawn work in the right way, I'm testing the mission on a standalone ded server but everytime I die (or when unconscious hit ESC then click Respawn) I respawn at my dead body place. I got the "Rallypoint West Base" and the "Rallypoint West" object from AGM Respawn Class placed on map and I got AGM Respawn System module on map set on:

Saver Gear - Yes

Remove Bodies - Yes

Time to remove Bodies - 300

Am I missing something?

Hi, I'm tring to build a very simple mission with AGM, but I can't make respawn work in the right way, I'm testing the mission on a standalone ded server but everytime I die (or when unconscious hit ESC then click Respawn) I respawn at my dead body place. I got the "Rallypoint West Base" and the "Rallypoint West" object from AGM Respawn Class placed on map and I got AGM Respawn System module on map set on:

Saver Gear - Yes

Remove Bodies - Yes

Time to remove Bodies - 300

Am I missing something?

Step 1: Create Marker

Step 2: Name said marker "respawn_east" or "respawn_west" or "respawn_guerilla" depending on which faction you are using.

Step 3: Move said marker to where you would like the respawn point to be.

Step 4: Profit. Works even without AGM.

That's the way I do it at least. Module respawn markers, from my experience, have never been as reliable as simple invisible markers.

Does AGM change somehow the classname of the Wildcat (Hellcat)? I tried to remove the rockets and it did not worked out for me..

tried:

unitname removeMagazineTurret ["missiles_DAR",[-1]];

--------

It works with :

Heli1 removeMagazineTurret ["24Rnd_missiles",[-1]];

Edited by Loooci

And that can all just be tossed into an init line on a unit?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I can do triggers, mods, config edits and all but I'm uncertain about this.

You can't put an if statement in an init line (at least not without using spawn). The easiest way would probably be to create a file called initServer.sqf and put it there:

unitName setVariable ["AGM_AllowUnconscious", true];
[unitName, 999999] call AGM_Medical_fnc_knockOut;
unitName setDamage 0.5;

// or:
{ // forEach block start

_x setVariable ["AGM_AllowUnconscious", true];
[_x, 999999] call AGM_Medical_fnc_knockOut;
_x setDamage 0.5;

} forEach [unitName1, unitName2, unitName3] + units group unitName4;

Thanks for explaining how to use this with AI, KoffeinFlummi. I've been wonderin'.

You can't put an if statement in an init line (at least not without using spawn). The easiest way would probably be to create a file called initServer.sqf and put it there:

unitName setVariable ["AGM_AllowUnconscious", true];
[unitName, 999999] call AGM_Medical_fnc_knockOut;
unitName setDamage 0.5;

// or:
{ // forEach block start

_x setVariable ["AGM_AllowUnconscious", true];
[_x, 999999] call AGM_Medical_fnc_knockOut;
_x setDamage 0.5;

} forEach [unitName1, unitName2, unitName3] + units group unitName4;

Thanks for explaining how to use this with AI, KoffeinFlummi. I've been wonderin'.

Thank you so much! I'll test it all out and let you know how it goes this weekend.

You can't put an if statement in an init line (at least not without using spawn).

Thats not true. The only restrictions of the init box are, that you can't use script suspending commands (sleep, waitUntil), because they are executed on the main thread. And that you can't use local variables or have any statement return a value, because this game was made in the late 90's. All of this can be avoided by using null = this spawn {}; as you mentioned. I usually put

if (isServer) then {this call "scripts\initPlayer.sqf"};

in my playable units init boxes when making a mission and so far it's working nice.

Page up/down is broken for me, cannot adjust zeroing of my weapon. Is there some pbo I want to remove?

EDIT: It's not AGM.

But this is AGM:

TAB cannot used for toggling walk/run any more, even if I unassign it in AGMs options. No reaction. Before, TAB for walk/run was in peaceful coexistence with TAB in AGM (for resting weapon).

Edited by tortuosit

hi there, we used the AGM mod the other night, we put in the right modules, but the medical system stopped working, bandages, blood bags nothing would work, do you have any idea? thanks Boggie

Is there a way to track an object once it has been loaded into a vehicle?

I have a crate with an updating marker.

Once it has been loaded in a vehicle the marker disappears.

Also, I have an end trigger with !alive crate. It doesn't fire if the crate is loaded in a vehicle and the vehicle is destroyed.

commy2;2783143']Thats not true. The only restrictions of the init box are' date=' that you can't use script suspending commands (sleep, waitUntil), because they are executed on the main thread. And that you can't use local variables or have any statement return a value, because this game was made in the late 90's. All of this can be avoided by using null = this spawn {}; as you mentioned. I usually put
if (isServer) then {this call "scripts\initPlayer.sqf"};

in my playable units init boxes when making a mission and so far it's working nice.[/quote']

Huh, no idea how I've gotten the idea that it doesn't work, then. Maybe because I've never seen anyone use it. Thank you for the info!

Is there a way to track an object once it has been loaded into a vehicle?

Right now, when you load a crate into a vehicle, the crate moves to [-1000, -1000] (check past the SW corner of the map and it's marker should be there)

to get it's real pos you'll need a custom getPos, something like this (sorry not tested)

_newGetPos = {
_theCrate = _this select 0;
{
	if (_theCrate in (_x getVariable ["AGM_Logistics_loadedItems", []])) then {
		_theCrate = _x;
	};
} forEach vehicles;

(getPos _theCrate)
};

if the crate is "loaded" into a vehicle, then use it's pos instead of the cratess

Hi all :)

Has anyone worked out how to get spectator mode to work with AGM Medical? If so please share :)

Hi all :)

Has anyone worked out how to get spectator mode to work with AGM Medical? If so please share :)

If you are referring to the chromatic aberration, you can use the following (maybe in a killed EH) to remove it and any other AGM death effect:

player setVariable ["AGM_InPain", false];
player setVariable ["AGM_Bleeding", false];
player setVariable ["AGM_Unconscious", false];
"chromAberration" ppEffectEnable false;
[false] call AGM_Core_fnc_disableUserInput;

Edited by Cyrokrypto

I'm trying to do respawn agm work. I set the option to save gear, but does not work with Laser designator, rangefinder and binoculars . With other equipment (weapons,uniforms,ammo) works perfectly

Are there any plans to improve the repair system? My main issue with it now is the amount of time it takes to complete a repair. Is there a way to have multiple people working on a part at once? So you could have 1-4 people working on repairing the main rotors of a helicopter, for example, making the process go X times faster. Something else that is probably harder to make would be to save the progress bar if a repair is canceled. If a player is out in the field and his vehicle gets damaged he should be able to stop working on it to defend himself from enemies and get back to where he left off instead of having to start from scratch.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Are there any plans to improve the repair system? My main issue with it now is the amount of time it takes to complete a repair. Is there a way to have multiple people working on a part at once? So you could have 1-4 people working on repairing the main rotors of a helicopter, for example, making the process go X times faster. Something else that is probably harder to make would be to save the progress bar if a repair is canceled. If a player is out in the field and his vehicle gets damaged he should be able to stop working on it to defend himself from enemies and get back to where he left off instead of having to start from scratch.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1206