koffeinflummi

Authentic Gameplay Modification

Despite turning off the Command Menu it is hit or miss if the friendly AI will actually follow you or not, its very frustrating. Based on the lack of controls available in the mod to control friendly AI squad mates, and the fact that they only obey orders 50% of the time, it seems to me that this mod is meant and is written for COOP play and not single player.

We changed absolutely nothing here. It's exactly the same behaviour as without AGM.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

HLCmods, the AR15 pack-

Suppressors for most of the guns are disabled, along with flash hiders as well.

Also, I think the module AGM ballistics is messing with some other mods, like PG services.

It's not possible to have 2 different mods that add silencers to the same weapon, because of http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21443

Care to explain what "messing with other mods" means?

hey is there a way to disable the nametags and rank above players heads?

@Azer1234 YOU can do it in setting pres esc AGM settings or u can remove namtag pbo i believe

commy2;2828069']We changed absolutely nothing here. It's exactly the same behaviour as without AGM.

Okay. All I know is when AGM is running and the mission starts, I begin walking to my objective and my team mates stand there doing nothing. I tell them to regroup and one or two guys do and the others either remain standing still or actually go somewhere else. I spent an hour on it last night and the results were too often the same. Without AGM running the team react as desired.

The only mod that I run that affects AI behaviour is bCombat. The bCombat mod enhances enemy combat behaviour very positively with how the AI maneuver during firefights that I won't play without it although as a test I can see if that is interfering somehow.

Okay. All I know is when AGM is running and the mission starts, I begin walking to my objective and my team mates stand there doing nothing. I tell them to regroup and one or two guys do and the others either remain standing still or actually go somewhere else. I spent an hour on it last night and the results were too often the same. Without AGM running the team react as desired.

The only mod that I run that affects AI behaviour is bCombat. The bCombat mod enhances enemy combat behaviour very positively with how the AI maneuver during firefights that I won't play without it although as a test I can see if that is interfering somehow.

I can say I use AGM and, well...if I agree that it's meant to be a mod for coop because having the commands disabled from the quick weapon choice is a pain if you need to give orders to AI (easy fix: delete the pbo), I have to say it never given me problems like AI doing nothing or just standing there. They just move and get killed after 3 minutes of firefight as usual. Sorry I can't help really much, but I would say it's not AGM the problem as it seems only an issue your having...hope this will help finding a "cure" for your AI.

I know it sounds strange, but do you guys have any plans for ladders ? Tactical ladders, portable ladders, whatever. Ladders.

I was currently messing around doing a little CQB project, and such a feature could bring a whole new level.

I know it sounds strange, but do you guys have any plans for ladders ? Tactical ladders, portable ladders, whatever. Ladders.

I was currently messing around doing a little CQB project, and such a feature could bring a whole new level.

Something like what the enhanced movement mod is doing would go into that direction too. I don´t know that the AGM-Team thinks about Enhanced movement but I think it adds a completely new (and more interesting and realistic) fighting feel to the game. Anyway it´s still alpha and buggy at the moment...

I can say I use AGM and, well...if I agree that it's meant to be a mod for coop because having the commands disabled from the quick weapon choice is a pain if you need to give orders to AI (easy fix: delete the pbo), I have to say it never given me problems like AI doing nothing or just standing there. They just move and get killed after 3 minutes of firefight as usual. Sorry I can't help really much, but I would say it's not AGM the problem as it seems only an issue your having...hope this will help finding a "cure" for your AI.

Thanks for your reply.

The next thing is to go completely Vanilla Arma 3 with no mods or addons except AGM then test each mod until I find the one that seems to be causing the issue. Then I decide how important that mod is versus running AGM. I like the prospect of many of these enhancments so it will be a worthy endevor. Like I said only bCombat affects AI on my list and I really hope thats not the problem.

commy2;2828069']We changed absolutely nothing here. It's exactly the same behaviour as without AGM.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

It's not possible to have 2 different mods that add silencers to the same weapon' date=' because of [url']http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21443[/url]

Care to explain what "messing with other mods" means?

Ah, about that.

I'll have to re-check, but the PG M249 reloading got really wonky on me.

Using when I emptied the normal mag, and had nothing but normal mags in my backpack, everytime I hit reload it didn't reload it, a magazine would just dissappear.

So when I switched out the 3 extras with all 3 different tracer colors, the weapon began to reload normally.

So, I think, I thought it over again today, I just think that it might be messing with the ammunition somehow in a sense.

I'll test it again today or tomorrow and see what I get.

EDIT-Okaaay, seems like I may have a bigger problem

removed AGM from modlist, all weapons have a suppressor save for the HLC AR-15 pack(which I reinstalled).

checked around the forums some more, and this looks like it's a internal problem, with nothing having to do with AGM.

My bad y'all.

Edited by Victruso
found reason for "bugs"

Using the search thread tool I've searched for artillery computer but found nothing in here. also at github there is only a discussion about how it should be made. well yesterday I tried to play as artillery suppport with my guys but well yeah no arti computer and the target being pretty far away no arti support. so how is it in the new AGM system. I am a mechanical engineer and I use hundreds of formulas in my daily life and when I come at home and play Arma to relax I dont really wanna do those calculations with velocity range attitude gravity and so on :)) so is there a new tool or another easier way maybe or optionally let me use the arti computer :)

Edited by DenzelW

I agree that it's meant to be a mod for coop because having the commands disabled from the quick weapon choice is a pain if you need to give orders to AI (easy fix: delete the pbo)

Easier fix: uncheck "Disable Command Menu" in the AGM options. :cool:

Not ATM, but verticality is always a touchy subject.

Using the search thread tool I've searched for artillery computer but found nothing in here. also at github there is only a discussion about how it should be made. well yesterday I tried to play as artillery suppport with my guys but well yeah no arti computer and the target being pretty far away no arti support. so how is it in the new AGM system. I am a mechanical engineer and I use hundreds of formulas in my daily life and when I come at home and play Arma to relax I dont really wanna do those calculations with velocity range attitude gravity and so on :)) so is there a new tool or another easier way maybe or optionally let me use the arti computer :)

AFAIK we didn't change anything about the artillery computer. Are sure AGM is causing this?

Any progress with the tanks cooking off ?

This is more or less the final look:

All that's missing now is adding some light & sound, a visual indicator for the people inside and some damage modifications for crew members.

This is more or less the final look:

All that's missing now is adding some light & sound, a visual indicator for the people inside and some damage modifications for crew members.

Looks great , this will add a lot to the game atmosphere :)

Can you have more different random fires after the cook off and the explosion? Sometimes tanks burn less and some time they burn more.

Edited by Nikiforos

@Bux578 and @Bumgie

if (!(local this)) exitwith {};

this seems to be working inside player init, we've tried with and without in 3 players and it is working.

tnx again

PS: Sorry for be OT

Concerning AGM_resting. I've added hasbipod and AGM_bipod to a new weapon, and have AGM resting working. Is there a suggested way to link the AGM_bipodDeployed status to an actual weapon's bipod animation?

Thx

Concerning AGM_resting. I've added hasbipod and AGM_bipod to a new weapon, and have AGM resting working. Is there a suggested way to link the AGM_bipodDeployed status to an actual weapon's bipod animation?

Thx

It's not possible to add custom animations to weapons. The weapons from A3 don't have such animations anyways.

I've got animated bipod's on the weapons, I'm just trying to link them to the AGM resting status, instead of a key press.

I've got animated bipod's on the weapons, I'm just trying to link them to the AGM resting status, instead of a key press.

Just to claify. You have 2 models, one with deployed bipod? You can't actually animate it, unless I'm missing something.

I have one model, with a named subpart called bipod. I then animate the bipod using the Animation class in CfgModels. Same technique as used to flip UGL sights, etc.

I have one model, with a named subpart called bipod. I then animate the bipod using the Animation class in CfgModels. Same technique as used to flip UGL sights, etc.

Can you animate that with any scripting commands? How does that work? The gl sights get flipped when selecting the gl muzzle, but that wouldn't do it for bipods.

You can set a range of sources e.g. weaponMuzzle for the UGL. But there is a custom defined source, that could be used to link to AGM.

But there is a custom defined source, that could be used to link to AGM.

But thats what I meant. There is no way in Arma 3 to actually trigger custom animations. If there is no scripting command to do this, we can't do anything.

Ok, thanks. That explains why I've been struggling to find a good solution.