SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

.. but just wanting to change model

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/hsholderiii/Hughs%20ODST%20Project/HughsODSTWIP3.jpg

the part of the titanium is almost a different part that covers the shoulders and chest , while the lap portion of the plates appear as in the model of the mod ... that does not seem an armor completely closed as a vest ..

There might be a language barrier here because I'm not too sure what exactly you mean with this, but the image you linked is a project made by a fan and not official source. I was referencing the Halo Reach model someone posted, so we should keep to using that as a reference. As I said, in the official game files, the ODST soldier is just a regular army trooper with ODST elements overlayed on top of the Army armor.

Here is what I'm talking about:

gAIbp.jpg

gAIcd.jpg

Edited by 880Zero

So I've got to play with some multiplayer scenarios over my weekend, and as I was playing them, 3 thoughts popped into my head:

1- how advanced should rifle optics be for the AR and to an extent the BR? I mean the AR looks like it could house a rangefinder of some sort in that giant casing, but what about the BR which is better suited for longer range engagements.

2- Would it be possible to have a red light illuminating the pelican interior when the collision lights are on? After all the ODST pod has a green glow after you drop at night, why not give pelicans a red glow that they can turn off when they have to fly dark?

3- More of a side thought, shouldn't the vacuum armor variants function like rebreathers and swim goggles as far as underwater breathing is concerned? Obviously without flippers you're not going to move anywhere near as gracefully as an actual dive suit, but it would help differentiate the two.

So I've got to play with some multiplayer scenarios over my weekend, and as I was playing them, 3 thoughts popped into my head:

1- how advanced should rifle optics be for the AR and to an extent the BR? I mean the AR looks like it could house a rangefinder of some sort in that giant casing, but what about the BR which is better suited for longer range engagements.

2- Would it be possible to have a red light illuminating the pelican interior when the collision lights are on? After all the ODST pod has a green glow after you drop at night, why not give pelicans a red glow that they can turn off when they have to fly dark?

3- More of a side thought, shouldn't the vacuum armor variants function like rebreathers and swim goggles as far as underwater breathing is concerned? Obviously without flippers you're not going to move anywhere near as gracefully as an actual dive suit, but it would help differentiate the two.

1 - Eh, I'd consider the weapon systems fine right now. However, I would love to see custom Halo-style crosshairs in place for each weapon. After all, each soldier is going to be equipped with a HUD if they're wearing a helmet, and it would greatly increase immersion.

2 - This I agree with greatly, this can be seen in almost every Halo 3 cut scene with a Pelican. Almost every time there's a shot of a pelican, there's a red light on inside. Perhaps it is to indicate a combat zone? Or just for general illumination like in cargo planes.

3 - I don't know exactly how that armor works, but it might make sense. The suits NASA use for EVA were tested underwater before being deployed in orbit.

Using them for underwater ops is actually a fucking great idea.

May not want to hear it but halo 5 does have a smartscope for the AR. Could possibly adapt it's Look or something http://1ftoyj6rgt945pvd02r4op11.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Smart-scope.png (2739 kB)

I just threw them in a .zip and put them on mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3b9b8s95h4ie6v/TEI_Scripts.zip

So I was thinking since there is the 32rnd and the 60rnd version of the MA5 maybe you could have the autoriflemen use the MA5 with the 60rnd clips, kind of like the M27 IAR is basically just an HK416 but fulfilling a SAW role.

That's what my clan have been doing for our saw gunners. And we got rid of the smart scope for them for balance. 32 round AR with smartscope it beast enough. 60 is to op for arma haha. It's turned into a fun experience . :)

Edited by Theronnett

May not want to hear it but halo 5 does have a smartscope for the AR. Could possibly adapt it's Look or something http://1ftoyj6rgt945pvd02r4op11.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Smart-scope.png (2739 kB)

---------- Post added at 08:15 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

That's what my clan have been doing for our saw gunners. And we got rid of the smart scope for them for balance. 32 round AR with smartscope it beast enoung. 60 is to op for arma haha. It's turned into a fun experience . :)

Despite people's opinions on the 343i games, their HUD elements are pretty good. I'd love to see those on our visors in this mod, and have it be toggled, like NVGs or something.

Despite people's opinions on the 343i games, their HUD elements are pretty good. I'd love to see those on our visors in this mod, and have it be toggled, like NVGs or something.

I love them. But SN would burn 343 on the stake if he had his choice. Why I said "may not want to hear it"

I actually pretty positive about 343i. but I'll share those opinions for the HW forums. Don't want to get yelled at again.

Using them for underwater ops is actually a fucking great idea.

Have you tried swimming in jeans? This armour would sink you as well as limiting you ability to move, perhaps it has a propeller function or water jets but that seems a little silly to me.

Have you tried swimming in jeans? This armour would sink you as well as limiting you ability to move, perhaps it has a propeller function or water jets but that seems a little silly to me.

Yeah, but what about a special backpack with stream jet propulsion? Just an idea, I mean, USNC must have some equipment that functions in aquatic environment. I think that the uniform would actually made you float since its vacuum sealed, also since it doubles as an environment suit it wouldnt actually let through any water in.

Still, it should double as a rebreather/diving goggles.

There might be a language barrier here because I'm not too sure what exactly you mean with this, but the image you linked is a project made by a fan and not official source. I was referencing the Halo Reach model someone posted, so we should keep to using that as a reference. As I said, in the official game files, the ODST soldier is just a regular army trooper with ODST elements overlayed on top of the Army armor.

http://puu.sh/gAIbp.jpg

http://puu.sh/gAIcd.jpg

Which basically screams at the laziness that Bungie was becoming at the end of its contract with MS. Cause the ODSTs wear Vacuumed sealed Ballistic body suits that offer actual small arm protection with armor over it. Kinda in the same format the CSAT fatigues are the armor for the CSAT nation and they are so tanky, no matter where you shoot them in vanilla (not talking about the face of course)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ODST_battle_armor

Yeah, but what about a special backpack with stream jet propulsion? Just an idea, I mean, USNC must have some equipment that functions in aquatic environment. I think that the uniform would actually made you float since its vacuum sealed, also since it doubles as an environment suit it wouldnt actually let through any water in.

Odsts being qble to dive, Thats something i have been thinking for a while Since i saw this:

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/160/7/1/halo___insurrection_odst_variants_by_azakachi_rd_17-d68g7qh.png

If the vacuum suit is rated with a prussured crush depth, then it can be used underwater With the aid of water jets and flippers and such. The Spartans had conducted underwater operations in their suits and conducted underwater ops during their training, so it is easily possible ODSTs have at least received this level of trianing and may have adaptations for their armor and body suits to be able to conduct underwater operations.

But sense thier is no example of what underwater gear would look like except that they used regular scuba gear and tanks during training. I say you can always do what they did in Star Wars and adapt the armor.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/c__/images/4/42/Scuba_concept.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140505102628&path-prefix=clone

If the vacuum suit is rated with a prussured crush depth, then it can be used underwater With the aid of water jets and flippers and such.

Im pretty sure it would be able to withstand the pressure as the uniform does double as a (light) environment suit with means it should be able to withstand more extreme weather conditions and such. I think this is a must for an army that would operate on planets other then earth and earth-like. It has to be environment suit as its vacuum capable and you dont want to expose any body parts to the vacuum even if you wear the right helmet.

BTW: I did some experiments with D77 and I can say that the lowest bodyFrictionCoef I was able to set without the lift issue was:

bodyFrictionCoef = 0.6777;

With this AI can fly over water (or something flat) at about 215~220 KM/h, I think its something like 50% faster then with default values.

bodyFrictionCoef = 0.8777; was very much safe.

Still some more testing may be needed.

That's what my clan have been doing for our saw gunners. And we got rid of the smart scope for them for balance. 32 round AR with smartscope it beast enough. 60 is to op for arma haha. It's turned into a fun experience . :)

i sent space a remade sight for the MA5 built off the RCO sight, just dont know when they'll be able to add it in

i sent space a remade sight for the MA5 built off the RCO sight, just dont know when they'll be able to add it in

Is this for the saw verson? Cause we found the mrco better suited for that

But the sight for m249s on the mods are what I used in the army work well too. They really good at showing what kind of spread you'll have up to 800m and gives you a 4x zoom

Is this for the saw verson? Cause we found the mrco better suited for that

But the sight for m249s on the mods are what I used in the army work well too. They really good at showing what kind of spread you'll have up to 800m and gives you a 4x zoom

no its was for the MA5B in general for the Ammocounter

no its was for the MA5B in general for the Ammocounter

Ah I get it Thought you meant the SAW sights for some reason. I can see that

Meh, I just gave my BLUFOR soldiers MX with 100rnd magazines as standard + sound from M41 Pulse Rifle. Works well, sounds good and it supports all of the attachments.

Want to do something cool? How about laser guided Sniper Rifle ammo?

Edited by Taro8

That sounds like the guided RPG in BF:H where you can lock onto people.

I thinking more about the DARPA ammunition from Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Could have a nice dynamic with the spotter equipped with a Laser Designator, even if sniper is AI (you just order him to hold fire and then to lock onto your laser pointer).

The distances this would be useful with the 14.5x114mm would be too far for Arma to render. Not even sure if it would be possible but it does sound interesting.

For the next update we will have many bugfixes and at least 2 new weapons: M73 LMG and the SRS99AM sniper rifle.

Taro8, I'd also like to talk to you about your Pelican flight model tests, can you add me on Steam?

Edited by spacenavy90

http://puu.sh/gAIbp.jpg

http://puu.sh/gAIcd.jpg

These are the differences that I want to show..

ODST armor

http://s10.postimg.org/e13ihaxi1/WP_20150315_007.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/bg3mwl1of/2015_03_15_00001.jpg

Helmet CH252

http://s30.postimg.org/y8vfdy5wx/WP_20150315_002.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/6up91imft/2015_03_15_00003.jpg

I wanted to ask if you will be added to the helmet strap and if in ODST armor will be changed. I do not say to change it totally, but only to make it more similar to the model used in HALO Reach .. all models are fantastic and made these little details would add that little that I think is missing ...

excuse me for my English is not perfect and I'm trying to make me understand the best I can

Hey,

So I'm making a mission so when the drop pods reach the ground the doors open and the people get out.

So I'm making a trigger timed to a second after the pod hits water.

So the activation is on Blu-for being present.

The On Act is "T1 animateDoor ["HEV_Door", 1, true];" (T1 being the name of the drop pod).

So in theory "Object animatedoor ["Name of Door,State, True or false" should open/close doors.

But because this is a modded item I don't know what the correct strings and methods are. Wondered if anyone can help me out?