SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Speaking of neural implants, can it be possible to remove the weird black circle hud that comes when you turn it on? I know it is from the standard NVGs but now that there are neural implants (which I'm not sure are lore-friendly for the marines - I don't remember reading about it anywhere for them. I'm pretty sure it's only for Spartans...) can it be removed?

Well the standard NVG fov fix works for implants too. However I do think that implants shouldnt have that black stuff by default.

Yeah, I agree.

Unfortunately, I can't code/script/model for shit so I'm SOL.

Well I'm learning, so give me sh*t to learn from lol

As for the thermal goggles, wtfylol :butbut:

As for the Neural Implants, I read that only the Spartans got them in The Fall of Reach, however with ONI, Idk if anybody really knows or gives af. Classified......

Agreed though, I think the black thing should be removed. It was one of the advantages when Dr. Halsey talked about them; they gave the SPARTANS a much better view than standard scopes. I also recall the First Contact scene from The Fall of Reach (Which I can't find anywhere) - Chief, Halsey, and others on the bridge of a UNSC Prowler when they come into contact with The Covenant for the first time. The Covenant knocks out the power and Chief is said to have perfect vision, so, yeah.

Well I'm learning, so give me sh*t to learn from lol

As for the thermal goggles, wtfylol :butbut:

As for the Neural Implants, I read that only the Spartans got them in The Fall of Reach, however with ONI, Idk if anybody really knows or gives af. Classified......

Agreed though, I think the black thing should be removed. It was one of the advantages when Dr. Halsey talked about them; they gave the SPARTANS a much better view than standard scopes. I also recall the First Contact scene from The Fall of Reach (Which I can't find anywhere) - Chief, Halsey, and others on the bridge of a UNSC Prowler when they come into contact with The Covenant for the first time. The Covenant knocks out the power and Chief is said to have perfect vision, so, yeah.

Someone promote this man! He knows his lore!

Nevermind. ONI has spoken.

Edited by marksman48

Someone promote this man! He knows his lore!

No don't get him anything because he is wrong. Don't believe everything you read. All UNSC personnel get a neural interface, not only SPARTANs. Anyone with a little bit of Halo lore knowledge should know that.

Whether or not it affects eyesight (other than the HUD) is not mentioned and the NVG effect was made up by me. But I want to remove the black circular borders of the NVGs I'm just not sure how.

No don't get him anything because he is wrong. Don't believe everything you read. All UNSC personnel get a neural interface, not only SPARTANs. Anyone with a little bit of Halo lore knowledge should know that.

Whether or not it affects eyesight (other than the HUD) is not mentioned and the NVG effect was made up by me. But I want to remove the black circular borders of the NVGs I'm just not sure how.

Lol really I don't. Everything I read in Fall of Reach appears to be wrong now, especially after Halo wars and Contact: Harvest. Lol

Typical Midnight Derp

My bad

Wouldn't night vision from a neural interface be more like the low light mode on the ODST VISRs rather than conventional night vision? Also I just learned Marines actually have a legit HUD http://www.halopedia.org/Heads-up_display

Edited by Bowser118

Wouldn't night vision from a neural interface be more like the low light mode on the ODST VISRs rather than conventional night vision? Also I just learned Marines actually have a legit HUD http://www.halopedia.org/Heads-up_display

I figured the HUD and NVGs/LLV came from the helmet and attached green thingy, not from Neural Links. I thought the neural implants were for solely Spartans and the Marines/Army/ODST got a Neural Chip that was basically a tracking device.

Yes, most likely. But like I said, Marines getting NVGs from the implant was made up by mwah. It only makes sense though considering the HUD effects.

The low light vision has bugs though and nothing can beat the already hard coded night vision included by BI. I know that I prefer using it to the low light. For one you can't see IR lasers without n

I figured the HUD and NVGs/LLV came from the helmet and attached green thingy, not from Neural Links. I thought the neural implants were for solely Spartans and the Marines/Army/ODST got a Neural Chip that was basically a tracking device.

The little green screen was probably how it was explained in the first Halo game, however other sources indicate that the HUD comes directly from the implants into the eyes.

Yes, most likely. But like I said, Marines getting NVGs from the implant was made up by mwah. It only makes sense though considering the HUD effects.

The low light vision has bugs though and nothing can beat the already hard coded night vision included by BI. I know that I prefer using it to the low light. For one you can't see IR lasers without n

The little green screen was probably how it was explained in the first Halo game, however other sources indicate that the HUD comes directly from the implants into the eyes.

Why not have ODSTs equipped with LLV and the rest of the units equipped with a Halo: Reach style NVG? No black around it and slightly fuzzed with slight color.

Why not have ODSTs equipped with LLV and the rest of the units equipped with a Halo: Reach style NVG? No black around it and slightly fuzzed with slight color.

You mean how I already said I want it and almost how it is now? We aren't going to force the LLV on people, if they want to use Nvgs instead, fine. Like I said before I don't know how to remove the outer edges. It has to do with the NVG optics p3d.

Yeah. Besides, this mod is supposed to predate the CvH war. I assume that the implants probably would have made it in during it.

I feel like I need to say as a side note, despite my constant bitching, I fucking love this mod and have faith you guys will create it as faithfully as possible.

Nobody wants it to fail and everyone (or at least the loud and annoying ones like me) wants it to be as accurate and awesome as possible.

SIDENOTE - http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/comments/2zfu9t/playing_on_the_9th_meu_when_we_happen_across_an/

New video! :D

Edited by marksman48
Shameless video sharing

If I remember correctly, the neural interface wasn't a new thing for the spartans as

, what was unique with spartan implants was that they could interface with AI and more or less store them in their brain itself, which no standard grunt interface was capable of doing. I'm thinking that there's different grades of neural interfaces, from civilian base models to basic grunt interfaces to more intricate command level interfaces ect.

Yeah I thought the same. Again, everything I read in The Fall of Reach has been overwritten by new sources and salvaged :/

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

You mean how I already said I want it and almost how it is now? We aren't going to force the LLV on people, if they want to use Nvgs instead, fine. Like I said before I don't know how to remove the outer edges. It has to do with the NVG optics p3d.

WarLord554 was part of the GP NVG-18 Mod and that changed the NVG interface to give you a wider field of view. If it troubles you, hit him up.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT THAT HUD IS SEXY.

The visor is more transparent, the NVGs work, there is color, and that's awesome.

Oh yeah woops, didnt mean to show the HUD yet but w/e. Prolly for the best, we try to keep the dev process pretty transparent. ayyyyy

I believe standard neural implants are only for identification, IFF systems, and keeping track of where military personnel are. I don't think they affect eyesight, as in HUD. Or else they wouldn't wear tactical eyepieces or shooting glasses.

Spartans have better neural implants that can store data, as in AIs, and may or may not affect eyesight.

http://www.halopedia.org/Command_neural_interface

CNIs can affect eyesight apparently, so I assume Spartan neural interfaces do the same.

Edited by FlightofIcarus

while I don't think that it should be THAT extreme, it would be nice if the armored parts of the uniform were actually armored.

Also while we're on the topic of where the hud is, what about the idea that these guys are using Google Contact Lenses. After all it's been 500 years since the release of google glasses, why not have contact lenses that link up with most civilian and military neural interfaces?

Finally, Nice job Scorch, what's next, finding a way to have NVG's show in hot pink?

Mmmm..... nice job Scorch.

Also this dude... http://puu.sh/gFEhA/993dc937c4.png

Clearly the dev team needs to make these hyper advanced weapons as powerful as pellet guns.

Also that NVG stuff is badass. It honestly could fit with the lore, I mean we don't know when VISR (the one seen in ODST) came out, so perhaps this is a primitive version without color detection.

Edited by Trooper226

I think he proves a good point, should swap out all of our weapons for the yellow nerf gun versions. (Sarcasm)

Well I was suggesting swapping out the armor for armor that isn't useless compared to the giant metal (or ceramic or insertbullshitfuturematerialhere) plates and bullet resistant fabric undershirts it's made out of

Anyway, now that I know that this is meant to be just a reskin and not change gameplay (considering you have "neurally implanted night vision", I figured people making better armor in the future wasn't nearly as ridiculous, which is why I asked), I won't bother asking that question again.

What I came here to say before seeing that comment though, was to see if you guys could try adding the "red dot sight" to the assault rifle. You could either do it by making it be like a regular red dot sight in the game and just have the glass piece that you have to look through to see the dot be really big and invisible, but that would be weird because even if you're not wearing a helmet with a visor, you would still see it (assuming the helmet visor is what they're using to see the crosshair instead of a little piece on the gun itself). You could try making it be like the IR lasers that are only visible with NVGs and remove the trail effect and just have the end of the beam visible, but I wouldn't know how to make it trigger for helmets instead of NVGs

Also the weights for the guns are all over the place, SMG looks about right (maybe a bit too heavy) but then the assault rifle weighs 1/3 as much as it, and the battle rifle weighs half as much as the AR, and the shotgun weighs half as much as the battle rifle. Pistol looks pretty light compared to other pistols in the game as well. Rocket launcher looks like it's probably fine

"armored" uniforms now provide actual protection. no more getting one-shotted in the legs.

Well I was suggesting swapping out the armor for armor that isn't useless compared to the giant metal (or ceramic or insertbullshitfuturematerialhere) plates and bullet resistant fabric undershirts it's made out of

Anyway, now that I know that this is meant to be just a reskin and not change gameplay (considering you have "neurally implanted night vision", I figured people making better armor in the future wasn't nearly as ridiculous, which is why I asked), I won't bother asking that question again.

What I came here to say before seeing that comment though, was to see if you guys could try adding the "red dot sight" to the assault rifle. You could either do it by making it be like a regular red dot sight in the game and just have the glass piece that you have to look through to see the dot be really big and invisible, but that would be weird because even if you're not wearing a helmet with a visor, you would still see it (assuming the helmet visor is what they're using to see the crosshair instead of a little piece on the gun itself). You could try making it be like the IR lasers that are only visible with NVGs and remove the trail effect and just have the end of the beam visible, but I wouldn't know how to make it trigger for helmets instead of NVGs

Also the weights for the guns are all over the place, SMG looks about right (maybe a bit too heavy) but then the assault rifle weighs 1/3 as much as it, and the battle rifle weighs half as much as the AR, and the shotgun weighs half as much as the battle rifle. Pistol looks pretty light compared to other pistols in the game as well. Rocket launcher looks like it's probably fine

I wouldn't call 4-5 shots to the chest useless. As armor progresses so will weapons to outperform it. Having a weapon do nothing at 100m is completely ridiculous. The goal of the mod isn't to completely copy Halo and introduce it into ArmA's engine, it's to have that immersive ArmA gameplay with elements from the Halo games.

You're suggesting armor and weapon values from Halo be introduced into ArmA and it would just make for terrible gameplay.

As for weapon weight, I'm sure the devs will give them accurate values at some point. Though I would consider that low priority, I'm too excited for the Scorpion, Cougar, Falcon, and Hornet to care.

Can the HEVs go through buildings? And can they be shot down by enemy AA? I I making a mission, and involves smashing through building... and enemy AA shooting down friendly HEVs.Thanks for making this mod, I absolutely LOVE it.