SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Armour has actually had an upgrade thanks to you. We're not gonna make it exactly the same, but we're making do with what we have.

http://puu.sh/gC01V/dfd6f0fabf.jpg

http://puu.sh/gC03q/edb0b3d479.jpg (128 kB)

This may have been asked before since the release, but are there any plans to make the ODST shin armor less bulky? The Army/Marines shin armor looks great now (after the update a while ago), but the ODST shin armor still look too bulky compared to the marines/troopers...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120514230231/halo/images/9/9d/HR_Campagin-Exodus_ODSTGroup.jpg

And a question for all the lore experts out there; ODST and Force Recon are different units in Halo, correct?

This may have been asked before since the release, but are there any plans to make the ODST shin armor less bulky? The Army/Marines shin armor looks great now (after the update a while ago), but the ODST shin armor still look too bulky compared to the marines/troopers...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120514230231/halo/images/9/9d/HR_Campagin-Exodus_ODSTGroup.jpg

And a question for all the lore experts out there; ODST and Force Recon are different units in Halo, correct?

You have to assume for truthfully force recon are the Marines Verson of army Rangers, and it turns out that the Army has its own Version of ODSTs that is the Called the UNSC Army Airborne. So you have to figure that they would have force recon / rangers units to go in areas where regulars can't cut it and ODSTs and Airborne is just to expensive to send in. (But it is wierd cause truthfully the Ranger would be at a Higher level then airborne. So its possible the Rangers/ Green Berets got adapted into Army airborne and the army adapted it's own version of force recon *using American names over other Nato armies for I'm more familiar then them and I rather not put down a long list of the same style of units.*)

But I'll look further into it. this area of lore I love to research in (Though of course I noticed that cause they focused so much on the spartan soldiers, that regular military in the operating and composition got really left on the wayside compared to other space marine series like Warhammer 40k and Starship troopers. It's really been sense reach and on that the regular military has been becoming more fleshed out)

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Here you go. There is a article on force recon on here

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Special_Forces

Edited by Theronnett

I didn't see this as a Known bug but when looking through the glass of the HEV door (While open) water is not visible through it

:D

MMJE5LSt.jpg

Man I love modding, just few text changes here and there and BAM you get something unique.

You have to assume for truthfully force recon are the Marines Verson of army Rangers, and it turns out that the Army has its own Version of ODSTs that is the Called the UNSC Army Airborne. So you have to figure that they would have force recon / rangers units to go in areas where regulars can't cut it and ODSTs and Airborne is just to expensive to send in. (But it is wierd cause truthfully the Ranger would be at a Higher level then airborne. So its possible the Rangers/ Green Berets got adapted into Army airborne and the army adapted it's own version of force recon *using American names over other Nato armies for I'm more familiar then them and I rather not put down a long list of the same style of units.*)

But I'll look further into it. this area of lore I love to research in (Though of course I noticed that cause they focused so much on the spartan soldiers, that regular military in the operating and composition got really left on the wayside compared to other space marine series like Warhammer 40k and Starship troopers. It's really been sense reach and on that the regular military has been becoming more fleshed out)

Yes, I already saw that article while doing a quick search on the web, but there is also this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/11th_Marine_Force_Reconnaissance/ODST

I just did some more research and then it hit me... in Halo 4 there are no ODST in the campaign, yet Masterchief actually asks for "Force Recon's assessment of the terrain" in a cutscene, which basically means that the UNSC Inifinty has no actual ODST units, BUT they do have Force Recon marines, which may or may not be the new green H4 marines with the Ghost Recon style face masks... in a Halo 2 cutscene they were also briefly mentioned and it was just two marines, not ODST, a sniper and a spotter on a rooftop...

For now I'll just use the marines as Force Recon in my missions.

@Taro8

The textures look great, the camo pattern reminds me of german Flecktarn :D

Yes, I already saw that article while doing a quick search on the web, but there is also this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/11th_Marine_Force_Reconnaissance/ODST

I just did some more research and then it hit me... in Halo 4 there are no ODST in the campaign, yet Masterchief actually asks for "Force Recon's assessment of the terrain" in a cutscene, which basically means that the UNSC Inifinty has no actual ODST units, BUT they do have Force Recon marines, which may or may not be the new green H4 marines with the Ghost Recon style face masks... in a Halo 2 cutscene they were also briefly mentioned and it was just two marines, not ODST, a sniper and a spotter on a rooftop...

For now I'll just use the marines as Force Recon in my missions.

@Taro8

The textures look great, the camo pattern reminds me of german Flecktarn :D

I think it would be safe to assume that both Marine and ODST units have Force Recon teams. They both operate for their respected battalions, but unless specified, their intel isn't secret from other UNSC forces operating in the area.

That wiki page has some errors, if ODSTs are the opposite of force recon which focus on infiltration and such why do they have the SF weapons like silenced SMG and pistol. The only evidence of a force recon i saw in the games at least was the possibility of the marines in H2 just before you meet the scarab were a FR sniperteam

"Force Recon functions in a capacity opposite to the ODSTs..." Yeah that is horse shit. Who ever wrote that entry was talking out his ass.

Edited by spacenavy90

That wiki page has some errors, if ODSTs are the opposite of force recon which focus on infiltration and such why do they have the SF weapons like silenced SMG and pistol. The only evidence of a force recon i saw in the games at least was the possibility of the marines in H2 just before you meet the scarab were a FR sniperteam

Just caught this moment when I was testing my homebrew MSO. AI pretty capable in using D77 now, it managed to put me and my squad on a very slim mountain ridge, while under fire.

MjOibt3t.jpg

Ill be testing Warthog now, I must say that right from the get go I dont like how unresponsive it is. That thing is just frame with engine and wheels, it should be more snippy IMHO. Ill toy around with the values and see what I will end up with.

Yes, they were mentioned in H2 and MC actually called them "Force Recon" in H4 once. Maybe ODST focus is direct action and other spec ops, while Force Recon's focus is reconnaissance and boarding, therefore "opposite"? The US marines today also have MARSOC/Raiders that are under SOCOM, while Recon Marines are not (but they also use suppressed M4s)... also ODST recruits from other Spec Ops units, which makes it more like "Delta Force" (CAG).

So I was reading something Interesting on the ODST Wiki ( http://www.halopedia.org/Orbital_Drop_Shock_Troopers ) the ODSTs "A strictly volunteer force, the ODST are recruited from special operations units in the Marine Corps, the Army, and the Navy; they are also drawn from the special operations groups of all UEG member nations' standing militaries" and on the other wiki ( http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Orbital_Drop_Shock_Trooper ) "ODSTs are recruited from the Special Operations Groups of every nation of the Unified Earth Government and are a strictly all volunteer fighting force." This is confirmed when the ODSTs recruited from the Colonial Military with was another UEG force that Fought Along UNSC forces on Eridanus II against Insurgent forces in the short story "Dirt" which 1st introduced the Rookie.

So with this you can assume that, even though called "Marines" cause they fall under Naval Special Warfare Command, They are composed of SF members from all branches of the UNSC and UEG. Meaning that there are many different SpecOps programs out there and that of course, ODSTs are the best of the best. But I also can be believed that ODSTs really don't fall under any of the Branches and is its own Separate branch like how the Spartans became a branch of their own after the events of the Ark. This most likely Explains why Many ODSTs don't count themselves as Marines in many of the Books, and Just refer themselves as ODSTs. Also will explains why many ODST units were under the command of Special Warfare Command, which is mostly comprised of Army personnel, during the failed recapture of Viery Territory and the evacuation of New Alexandria. In which the 2nd, 7th, 11th, and 22nd Regiments/Battalions participated in, ( link of map here http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100911182841/halo/images/thumb/b/b5/Viery.jpg/1000px-Viery.jpg ) with the Bullfrog squad being part of one of the regiments (the 7th if I read the map right and know bungie, and cause Buck was there in the City when you Rescue him and his squad, who also happens to be part of the 7th), and the fireteam of ODSTs that assisted you in retaking ONI headquarters (The 11th if I have to Guess.)

But sorry, I carried on way to long. But I think what I was trying to say is that Basically that there is Multiple SpecOps / SF groups out there with UNSC so if you wanted to play as a group that wasn't ODST but was Spec ops. you can and still be within the lore without over reaching. And You could have ODST support to assist if you want for in the way they were used and operated was totally a branch of their own and used by all branches and took the best of the best. Just reading the latest forums really made me want to dig around and Come up with what I truthfully thought made the perfect sense in the way UNSC SpecOps operated

*New Edit* When I was playing Exodus on Reach just now. When I linked up with the ODSTs and they linked to my HUD so you see their Names, two of them were Army SPC rank, I know they Have Marines ranks in game cause of the Pillar of Autumn Level, you can take it as a oversight on Bungie's or that ODSTs kept their Branch's rank system that they came from. And operated in Mix branch units or Single Branch units Like All army ODSTs and all Navy/Marines ODSTs. Though Mixed would make more sense.

Edited by Theronnett

odst discussing where to make their next drop

http://i.imgur.com/fzd5bbi.jpg

holo table will feature 3d stratis and altis map to begin, and later our custom map representations.

Does the holo map change with the map like you had planned?

Edited by Theronnett

how about csat unifroms and vests..for the Insurrectionists ?

i think they would look more realistic to the setting as the AAF clothings and vests..

Does the holo map change with the map like you had planned?

We will have an action scroll wheel option with the table that you can change the map yourself.

Or you can just place the correct table from the editor.

i think they would look more realistic to the setting as the AAF clothings and vests..

Highly disagree. Insurrectionists will get their own uniforms eventually.

this is why the AAF was chosen more for the template

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/60/4e138e4da2cd9/detail.jpg

http://www.halopedia.org/images/thumb/b/ba/FoR_innies.png/250px-FoR_innies.png

They look more like AAF then CSAT

Though for some reason the Militia All had their Uniforms turn green which kinda bugs me for its hard for them to drop their weapons in a stash and Vanish to blind in to the Local populace once they are done fighting.

Edited by Theronnett

While you guys are at fixing ODST models: could you make sure that you can mix and match marines and ODST vests, uniforms and helmets without problems with clipping?

*Don't see a mod you think should be included? Post the name and why.

I suppose Blastcore and this kind of mods will work with this mod, specially blastcore, the effects are awesome. A new version of blastcore is being made, called phoenix , which in theory is going to be better. Arma 3 is going to look better than ever, and if that and TEI are compatible... Then wow.

this is why the AAF was chosen more for the template

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/60/4e138e4da2cd9/detail.jpg

http://www.halopedia.org/images/thumb/b/ba/FoR_innies.png/250px-FoR_innies.png

They look more like AAF then CSAT

Though for some reason the Militia All had their Uniforms turn green which kinda bugs me for its hard for them to drop their weapons in a stash and Vanish to blind in to the Local populace once they are done fighting.

i didn't now that there is a real story in the halo unvierus behind the Insurrectionists!:confused:

i thought they are a invention from the team :)

thanks for clearing this up ;)

I suppose Blastcore and this kind of mods will work with this mod, specially blastcore, the effects are awesome. A new version of blastcore is being made, called phoenix , which in theory is going to be better. Arma 3 is going to look better than ever, and if that and TEI are compatible... Then wow.

RIP potato computers

Blastcore is client side dude

Spacenavy abused me today...

You were asking for it

This is an awesome mod! Must say it puts new life into ARMA 3.

Question: Is there and easy way to get rid of the "/// Emergency Door Eject ///" AddAction once it is used?

Thanks

Vengeance