SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Thank you both for your support! We have a very talented team who work every day to further the mod's progress. It has only been a few months since we started but we are doing very well and hope to have something out for every to play soon.

To answer your question snowbionekenobi, no there will not be exosuits. It is much more likely that we will include Spartans before we put in any type of exosuit in the context that you are speaking of.

I do have somewhat of a challenge/game for anyone who is willing to participate. Go into Arma 3, and in the main menu go to: Learn > Virtual Arsenal and from there make an Insurrectionist soldier using vanilla assets. Make it however you want and how ever you imagine an Insurrectionist would look like and post a screenshot of it here.

I accept your challenge.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39726630908343849/2A3ACABAE374A3E2D5FF1D60B8B62E245FD0B94A/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39726630908343093/2C122D5402A38D6114FAB56C3C15C8602D8D996B/

I think it's once again time for me to say how very awesome this mod is turning out to be ^^. All the progress etc looks insanely good!

A while back there was a discussion going on about the battleship, if it's a static air object or anything. And I'm no programmer/scripter or anything of the sorts, so I could be wrong here, but the Lost Dragons mod alpha has a battleship which apparently just uses the heli flightmodel and it seems to work pretty well.

Maybe it's a lot smaller or something, but might be a solution for your battleship :)

Again, you guys are my go to mod at the start of the day and I keep loosing my pants^^ Really great job!

I think it's once again time for me to say how very awesome this mod is turning out to be ^^. All the progress etc looks insanely good!

A while back there was a discussion going on about the battleship, if it's a static air object or anything. And I'm no programmer/scripter or anything of the sorts, so I could be wrong here, but the Lost Dragons mod alpha has a battleship which apparently just uses the heli flightmodel and it seems to work pretty well.

Maybe it's a lot smaller or something, but might be a solution for your battleship :)

Again, you guys are my go to mod at the start of the day and I keep loosing my pants^^ Really great job!

I've checked out their mod, it's pretty cool. I like the map they're making, with the large jungle canopy. They've also added in some neat innovative stuff.

As for the Frigate, it can't really use the flight model like their destroyer. The frigate is way too big and cannot move with players on the decks or moving around the insides. It will most likely be similar to the Aircraft carrier seen in Arma 2, where it is used to plan and launch missions from a static location. The only difference, is your doing it from the air.

Edited by IndoorBradster

So just tell me if im correct. A...halo...mod...in...arma! THATS SO CREATIVE! Nice work on ideas and so far modeling truly love the designs good luck! You should add some custom missions to the mod like All In Arma does and AH64D Apache Longbow mod does! :)

So just tell me if im correct. A...halo...mod...in...arma! THATS SO CREATIVE! Nice work on ideas and so far modeling truly love the designs good luck! You should add some custom missions to the mod like All In Arma does and AH64D Apache Longbow mod does! :)

There will be a campaign that the mod launches with.

Made by none other than myself. :)

oh you wanna play rough? say hello to my new friend! special thanks to benelli for providing open source shotguns and of course them textures by stirls tho! x.x

http://i.imgur.com/WdxYr2G.jpg

having a few minor hiccups but this thing is pretty much ready for the assembly line...

let me add, rvmat needs some tweaking, i personally think its too shiney. will fix. THIS IS WIP XD

oh you wanna play rough? say hello to my new friend! special thanks to benelli for providing open source shotguns and of course them textures by stirls tho! x.x

http://i.imgur.com/WdxYr2G.jpg

having a few minor hiccups but this thing is pretty much ready for the assembly line...

let me add, rvmat needs some tweaking, i personally think its too shiney. will fix. THIS IS WIP XD

That right there is a big gun!

Thank you everyone that has posted pictures so far. I am saving them for later reference!

On an unrelated note, I decided to sit down and watch Black Hawk Down tonight.

But now I can't stop thinking about the American forces being the UNSC and the Somali Militia being the Insurrectionists.

"We have to secure the Pelican crash site!"

"Get him to the Warthog convoy!"

oooohhhh no, Pelican down?!

i fear the missions that will come off this idea :-D

Edited by Gunny24

A Crashed pelican wreck-model inbound for us mission editors to use? :3

I was thinking the same thing, definitely need props and objects like that. I would love to see an Invade and Annex style mission, with targets like cities, industrial locations, and then side objectives like pelican recovery and resource sabotage.

Imagine a good ol' CTI with halo units, and the space elevator being worth a lot of resources if captured ^^

King of the Hill was always one of my favorite Arma 3 game modes.

A GreenFor (independent) faction would be needed, but I think it would be a lot of fun.

Thank you everyone that has posted pictures so far. I am saving them for later reference!

On an unrelated note, I decided to sit down and watch Black Hawk Down tonight.

But now I can't stop thinking about the American forces being the UNSC and the Somali Militia being the Insurrectionists.

"We have to secure the Pelican crash site!"

"Get him to the Warthog convoy!"

A most excellent use of imagination.

I am curious; how functional are the Frigates? As far as scripting. Are they similar to how the Nimitz is for ArmA 2, and it's ArmA 3 port?

If so, might I suggest that those models also have 'dummy' variants? That have no real function and could be used for the sake of scenery, to add onto mission immersion.

I am curious; how functional are the Frigates? As far as scripting. Are they similar to how the Nimitz is for ArmA 2, and it's ArmA 3 port?

If so, might I suggest that those models also have 'dummy' variants? That have no real function and could be used for the sake of scenery, to add onto mission immersion.

Yes, it will be very similar to how the Nimitz mod works. A bunch of large sections pieced together with some interiors included.

There will also be a version like you said, where nothing will be included inside. Basically a big floating box. :)

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

In fact: along side of that "challenge" involving the Insurrectionists, if there is a certain mission-related object or building that you think should be included post it with a picture of some kind if possible and we will consider for a later release.

Yes, it will be very similar to how the Nimitz mod works. A bunch of large sections pieced together with some interiors included.

There will also be a version like you said, where nothing will be included inside. Basically a big floating box. :)

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

In fact: along side of that "challenge" involving the Insurrectionists, if there is a certain mission-related object or building that you think should be included post it with a picture of some kind if possible and we will consider for a later release.

There will be no version controlled by the AI, or the AI could use the turrets of the frigate to kill all which moves?

I find that it's a pity if it's necessary to be thought of by scripts as every action, all the same.

There will be no version controlled by the AI, or the AI could use the turrets of the frigate to kill all which moves?

I find that it's a pity if it's necessary to be thought of by scripts as every action, all the same.

The thought of it is pretty cool, but as of right now there will be nothing for the AI to do in the ship.

They can not activate the scripts (ODST drop and teleporting to different parts of the ship for example) similarly to how real players can and would just be confused inside.

And the only weapons we plan to implement right now (if any) are launch-able missiles.

Ah, right on the money.

Oh, and.. hm... Any chance on a little tease of the Pelican model progression?

I'm personally thinking along the lines of static defenses here. From my limited knowledge/research I know there's things like the Mark 2488 magnetic accelerator cannon, m8 automated defense systems. Again, I haven't played Halo nor know the entire lore and when these things were used, so maybe they're from the human/covenant war era. Still some gun emplacements to take out before being able to safely land troops etc would definitely be a mission in my head :p.

I'll read up on what the insurrectionists used for vehicles etc. (guessing as a guerilla like force they stole most of it :p).

Also once again thanks for this mod, never played past halo 1 and partly 2, but watched a 5hour long lorevideo on haloverse on youtube as well as reading a lot about it thanks to you guys xD

Edit: Links from halowiki for the guns I mentioned - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_2488_Magnetic_Accelerator_Cannon

- http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M8_Automated_Defense_System

The thought of it is pretty cool, but as of right now there will be nothing for the AI to do in the ship.

They can not activate the scripts (ODST drop and teleporting to different parts of the ship for example) similarly to how real players can and would just be confused inside.

And the only weapons we plan to implement right now (if any) are launch-able missiles.

Oh ok.

I understands, that must be all the same complicated to run all this.

I thought nevertheless that there would be the small turrets on sides, and big magnetic cannon of functional on the frigate. (look like this : http://www.3dartistonline.com/users/96/thm1024/frigatetex_2.jpg) But that would not be of the game notice ^^

Good luck for your mod !