SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

So after many long nights, Stirls and I have finally figured out the complicated mess that is ArmA 3 texturing.

nz8bQN9l.png

Shiny shotguns confirmed.

llnBqi9l.png

XmRvAdgl.png

And a bonus picture

4MVrZ1pl.png

Colored flashlights because why not.

Edited by Scorch_052

Shotgun! I said... Shotgun! Shotgun Damnit!

Looking amazing, awesome job on that shotgun. Can't wait to use that to decorate the walls with Innie's brains.

Erection/10? Erection/10.

The erm... Eridanus Ins-erection?

Anyways, good stuff. Wonder how it performs in-game.

Spread's a little tight and needs to be worked on and we could use some better animations but other than that it works great.

Are you going into the various Halo games to test the spread of the shotgun? You could measure the cone in Halo and then try and recreate it in ArmA, that's the easiest way I could think of. This could probably be done for most of the weapons for figuring out accuracy at various ranges.

Are you going into the various Halo games to test the spread of the shotgun? You could measure the cone in Halo and then try and recreate it in ArmA, that's the easiest way I could think of. This could probably be done for most of the weapons for figuring out accuracy at various ranges.

That could work, we also have to keep in mind we're trying to be a tad more /realistic/ than the games. The spread could be the same, but the range for it (and other weapons)-may- be different. That's a good suggestion though. Would you prefer a more /realistic/ representation, or something that resembles the game more?

That could work, we also have to keep in mind we're trying to be a tad more /realistic/ than the games. The spread could be the same, but the range for it (and other weapons)-may- be different. That's a good suggestion though. Would you prefer a more /realistic/ representation, or something that resembles the game more?

I would suggest going with a realistic implementation of all weapons. A the end of a day a shotgun still fires like a shotgun.

Definitely more realistic, but I feel the spread should be the same as the game. All you have to do is fire the shotgun (in Halo) at 5 meters away from a wall, and approximate the cone of the weapon. Then, give it the range and pellet/slug velocity of an analog, and voila. You have a realistic interpretation of a gun while maintaining some of it's original specs.

I would suggest going with a realistic implementation of all weapons. A the end of a day a shotgun still fires like a shotgun.

It does act like a real shotgun in-game, except for the range and velocity. The pellets are deleted at certain ranges in the actual Halo game, but if you were to implement ArmA's bullet physics it would make it realistic. Not to mention they're probably going to introduce different chokes for it so you could have it effective at various ranges.

Edited by Trooper226

You have to remember that the shotgun in Halo are balanced for maps that are in Halo and not something the size of Arma. From what i remember when i played Halo last time the shotguns have a effective range of about 5 meters. But then again you are fighting aliens and not humans so who know mights work. But personally i would prefer the realistic approach to the shotgun shells in this mod.

You have to remember that the shotgun in Halo are balanced for maps that are in Halo and not something the size of Arma. From what i remember when i played Halo last time the shotguns have a effective range of about 5 meters. But then again you are fighting aliens and not humans so who know mights work. But personally i would prefer the realistic approach to the shotgun shells in this mod.

That's because the pellets are deleted at those ranges in the actual Halo game. Add a variety of chokes for muzzle attachments and add realistic pellet physics and you have a realistic Halo shotgun. Or you can just model it after it's closest real-world relative, that works too.

I think we can all agree that these weapons are looking outstanding so far.

ODST and Recon helmets in-game and working. Video of shotgun in action coming soon.

AJBXYjCl.png

YH5mnEZl.png

Looks great, are those weapon sounds placeholders too or have you guys decided to go with the Halo sounds?

Also not sure the semi-auto is a great idea, doesn't that kind of immediately make all the pump shotguns obsolete?

Yeah, the sounds are placeholders. We have an audio person working on the sounds for all the weapons. Some weapons will get the Halo-game treatment but not all for good reasons. :)

We also plan on adding a pump animation.

The semi-auto and the "extended" variants will not be part of the final game. They were just fun side projects by Scorch. It'll just be the single, standard barrel pump M45.

Nice work, Scorch. All those lights are looking bad ass!

Are there any plans to implement Medics/Corpsman for the non ODST infantry?

Are there any plans to implement Medics/Corpsman for the non ODST infantry?

Are you asking if the UNSC Army/Marines will have corpsman textures? If so, yes they will.

OMG! I'm so excited about this :D A dinosaur and halo mod for arma 3, this must be a dream. I would love to see the pelican released as an independent addon too, I would love to fly that thing.

iTzBam, here you go! Just fixing some stuff up, adding some UNSC medic logos. Rest easy knowing you were the reason I actually got started on it!

58d99590d2.jpg

Edited by Stirls