Sign in to follow this  
raven_jj

Agile Helicopters

hmmm, I see. that's really odd, the hit was so hard the chopper bounced off the ground, I was sure in a similar situation it usually blew up.

Anything about countermeasures (flares) for the hummingbird?

I've bounced the blackfoot about 15 metres in height and it didnt explode... but it wasnt healthy either.

G

@Shadow_MSOG

Adding flares is possible... sort of. I've checked, they work, but they shoot out of the center of aircraft, straight down. It doesn't look too good. There's no flare compartment modeled, so even if I could move flare spawn point, it would still look strange.

I suppose so.

I think only MELB version has countermeasures.

Those upgrades are in progress and all AH-6s are supposed to be upgraded by the timeframe of A3.

Tried to replicate the flight dynamics of the M/AH-6 from Arma 2. These are the values i got:

cyclicAsideForceCoef = 1.2;
cyclicForwardForceCoef = 1.2;
backRotorForceCoef = 2.0;

Edited by PhunkMaZ

I think yes since it is part of the config:

class RotorLibHelicopterProperties: RotorLibHelicopterProperties {
RTDconfig = "A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_01\Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml";
starterTime = 5;
throttleOffToIdle = 8;
throttleIdleToOff = 12;
throttleIdleToFull = 4;
throttleFullToIdle = 13;
autoHoverCorrection = {0, 2.880000, 0};
maxTorque = 700;
maxMainRotorStress = 50000;
maxTailRotorStress = 4000;
retreatBladeStallWarningSpeed = 76.536003;
};

I think no need to focus on arma 2 helicopter, but to improve the flight model. Because with those script you can get something better the Arma 3 /Arma 2.

Nice work Raven_JJ. This makes the Littlebird fun to fly finally. I hope you can find help to look into changing the flight model too. Maybe talk to the F18 team, or even Red_Phoenix who did all the land vehicles.

It just needs the flaring for hover to be less than 1km: increase sensitivity of the collective and the effect of nose-up and nose-down on forward speed more.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the other choppers. Is it possible to make you mod effect Littlebird variants in other mod packs?

This is a great modification! Love flying around now, because it's so nimble and responsive. Only thing missing from that video, I would say is the vertical movements. Real life has more torque and drops faster?

Great mod :)

Thank Odin! I was extremely upset when the update during beta turned the agile little helicopter into a dump truck with a rotor. Nice work!

Is this server & client side needed ?

If client , any chance for a server key so I can pop it on our server allowed list :)

Thanks

Hello there!

I've always been disappointed with Arma III's littlebird implementation of the gatling guns. I've counted le RoF by hand and it sits somwhere around the RoF of an M249. Do you think you could make it closer to an actual rotary machinegun? It's kind of disgracefull currently; i've looked into it myself but I have zero experience in modding vehicles and therefore didnt go very far.

Thanks.

Would love to have this on our server. Could you provide a BIKey so we can implement. Thanks :)

I haven't had access to my main computer for more than a month, but as soon as I get home (1-2 weeks), I'll upload an updated version with BIKeys inside.

I haven't had access to my main computer for more than a month, but as soon as I get home (1-2 weeks), I'll upload an updated version with BIKeys inside.

Fantastic thanks

Can you also include the bikey (public one!!)? Thanks! :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Thank you Sir.

Love it and have uploaded the key to our server

Love it. HB is so much more fun and now we have it on our server:)

Are you planning on doing the other helis?

Yes, I'm working on all helicopters. I actually have a test version ready.

If someone would like to test it and give me feedback, here's the link:

Download