Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

Boeing C-17 ArmA 3 Mod

No i will add an addaction to get your Parachute in the aircraft.

Then i can still carry my own back pack untill i land ground with parashute. is it right?

Can you please place IGILoad back in as it was very useful in the case of the C-17 mod, but u dont have to make it a requirement, so can u either make 2 versions or have one version that can do with or without IGILoad.

for my script i recommended to use FSF sac ventral by ElDoKtor, ToF & Betep : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24529

I will create a topic for this script

I think it is abit dangerous choice since fsf sac ventral make a quiet bug. i.e., although it happend rarely, like even turn the bag to normal position it keep character to move only in walking stence after jump from c130j or c17 in dedicated server

and sometimes eveb player set back to normal it keep remain at player chest so it make a look abit akward

I highly recoman to use c130j's eject script

Though it automatically open up the parashute right after jumpout, maybe a liitle change can make this

happen to open parashute whenever player want.

It just recommanding not like this mod is lame, i don't want to mock 'fsf sac ventral'.

anyway nice dash animation before jump out.

Edited by kgino1045

Hi. Great Mod. Definitely the best experience with flying in Arma3.

I wanted to ask if I am allowed to attach the logo of my clan on one of the c17s. I am new to the Arma world and wasn't sure about the rights and stuff. And for that I would need the memorypoints, is it possible to get them.

Thx.

you can have any logo for your clan on almost every vehicle in arma3 .... just use squad xml ... see this tut

with this you dont need any moddification of the original skin...

note that you can see it only in Multiplayer mode

edit: i did a test for squad xml and seems that c17 dont have this option...

so @randomslap , may you also add the place for squadxml on next update ?? (and dont forget to set this option for every vehicle you made... ) it is cool to see your clan logo on vehicles ;) )

Edited by dragonsyr

Does not have navigator or Co-pilot seat (caused a lot of issues)

Modern aircrafts like C-17 do not have a navigator, today pilots have a FMS that is for navigation.

IIRC C-17 has crew of 3 (2 pilots and a loadmaster).

Can you please place IGILoad back in as it was very useful in the case of the C-17 mod, but u dont have to make it a requirement, so can u either make 2 versions or have one version that can do with or without IGILoad.

I agree, IGILoad was much better!

I am going to remove the Igiload from the pbo. Igi_PL recommended NOT to have it in the pbo. Therefore, you will need to have a scripted mission using the Igiload in order to load cargo and vehicles.

Guys please stop asking for Igiload to be included in this mod. The script author asked for it to be removed. If you want to use Igiload, add it to your missions. It's not difficult.

for clarification:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173109-IgiLoad-script-logistical-support&p=2651766&viewfull=1#post2651766

Edited by zach72

Guys please stop asking for Igiload to be included in this mod. The script author asked for it to be removed. If you want to use Igiload, add it to your missions. It's not difficult.

It is quite difficult because you need to change the the script in order for it to work. Also we kept asking because it worked and because the current script doesn't and is bugged. However I understand now that the script developer asked for its removal.

Edited by kz106

Some unrealistic errors have been noted.

The Cargo Bay Ramp should not extend as far as it does. It passes the coplaner mark and thus, would cause the aircraft to pitch down quickly to the point it would crash.

The Cargo Bay Toe ramps do not fold all the way down onto the cargo bay ramp. What happens is when the cargo bay door is closed, the toe ramps rest on the cargo door. When it goes to open, the toe ramps move to a vertical position (not fold all the way down onto the ramp) and then the cargo door raises up and the ramp lowers down. When the ramp hits the ground, the toe ramps then move down onto the ground.

The toes are also removable, as they're only used for pallets and vehicles. For Airdrops and passengers, you would have them removed.

As I'm typing this, I'm also listening to C-17's take off at the flightline.

It is quite difficult because you need to change the the script in order for it to work. Also we kept asking because it worked and because the current script doesn't and is bugged. However I understand now that the script developer asked for its removal.

why is it so hard ? to put IGI load in your mission ?

randomslap - I'm sorry that you have so many questions related to IgiLoad :(

I have the impression that many people can not understand that adding IgiLoad script to the C-17 is only good way.

If you are running/using a mission in which you want to have IgiLoad then you should ask the author of the mission to add the script.

If you create a mission and you have a problem with IgiLoad I invite you to write in thread about IgiLoad http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173109-IgiLoad-script-logistical-support

Hello, I have a this problem: bad version 59 in p3d file ' globe master'...

Help mi please

Another couple of questions to ask;

When I bank in the aircraft, it doesn't turn at all. You have to use the rudder and pull back on the stick to make it turn. Any update on that?

And any chance of getting the cockpit instruments (mainly the digital horizon) to work with height indicators, speed, engine information etc?

Still loving the plane.

Is there a way to have a trigger activate and automatically open the cargo doors on the Globemaster?

Edit: Guessed and got it right. Opened up the addon with a depbo tool, looked inside the "scr" folder, noticed the "back_rampdown.sqf" script, added it to my mission, named the Globemaster "A1" and in the triggers Activation field wrote

nul = [A1] execVM "back_rampdown.sqf";

Bam.

Edited by Victor

Is there a way to disable the loader script or is there a model without that functionality? I have written my own and I'd like to use it.

Hello Randomslap,

You intend to fix the problem of passing through the aircraft without hitting it (like a ghost)?

Improve Textures and sounds?

This MOD is alsome but needs to be finalized.

What he says is right, it's a good mod, but it would be pity if you leave this mod unfinished. But he's working on the FB-22 so give it some time...

Don't worry guys I am planning to fix this. The main reason why I am not updating this mod is because I do not have enough time right now. I will be able to to resume developing this mod in a couple of months or less. Please be patient :). Btw I am no longer working on the FB-22 (too many issues with the model.) I kinda changed my mind and started to create the Northrop YF-23, but my main focus will be on the C-17.

Edit: FB-22 is cancelled. Project will be replaced by the Boeing F15 Silent Eagle. Reason: FB-22 Strike Raptor and the Northrop YF-23 are cancelled aircrafts.

Edited by randomslap

Yay! F-15 SE is a nice and wise choice to fit the ArmAverse, can´t get enough of Eagles nor Flankers lol

Anxious to see the first screenies of that beautiful iron (or may I say alluminium and titanium alloy) bird!

cheers!

Don't worry guys I am planning to fix this. The main reason why I am not updating this mod is because I do not have enough time right now. I will be able to to resume developing this mod in a couple of months or less. Please be patient :). Btw I am no longer working on the FB-22 (too many issues with the model.) I kinda changed my mind and started to create the Northrop YF-23, but my main focus will be on the C-17.

Edit: FB-22 is cancelled. Project will be replaced by the Boeing F15 Silent Eagle. Reason: FB-22 Strike Raptor and the Northrop YF-23 are cancelled aircrafts.

The Silent Eagle would be a great project, but so will the FB-22. I reckon it should still make it in-game since of course this is for the Armaverse, and its quite a suiting aircraft for it.

For me this is a good news!

nice a f15 love that plane

plz make a service menu lol have to bug every one with that sorry

Edited by ICE_AGE0815