Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

Boeing C-17 ArmA 3 Mod

Attention

I made a huge mistake on giving credit to the correct author. The correct author of this mod is muckep. He is the original author of this mod. I want to apologize to muckep and the ArmA community for this mistake.

Update

I have been talking to fullerpj about this mod. We may collaborate and work together on the C-17. So, I may take this post down when or before fullerpj's USAF Assets mod is released. Don't worry, I will keep updating the mod.

Just a note, Mukcep converted a whole bunch of FS models to ArmA. If I were you, I would attempt to contact him to either confirm he created the whole thing, or to get the original FS author if it's one of his conversions.

New update!

v1.6

-FIXED: Gears not retracting (Recommended: take off at 220KPH with flap down)

-CHANGE: Boosters are 0-200KPH insted of 100-400KPH

-CHANGE: Tweaked performance of the plane feeling less like a fighter jet.

-ADDED/CHANGE: Collision lights are more realistic and vibrant.

-ADDED: Bikey and Bisign

-ADDED: IgiLoad Script by Igi_PL

broken link

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

It will specifically run igiload for c-17 or will it be universal?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Character and vehicle physics seem altered? When running my guy bounces around and vehicles tend to flip in sharp turns. Igiload items also shake when loaded in a vehicle.

What is correct way to load vehicle inside of plane?

I tried to move Kuma,Warrior,Hunter inside of plane, but stucked at the end of the ramp.Just like invisible wall.

But it can be attached at that position (outside of plane)

I tried to move Kuma,Warrior,Hunter inside of plane, but stucked at the end of the ramp.Just like invisible wall.

Also tried, I don't think you are able to.

need the igiload script but it seems only crates, SDV and ATV´s are possible so far.

Brilliant combination of the two actually.

-

Plane feels nice, i can definitely see with some polish what a quality mod this can be, keep up the good work!

nice update but now when i get in the passenger slot i don't see the plane hull i just see the wheels and some small part. Anyone have the bug ?

nice update but now when i get in the passenger slot i don't see the plane hull i just see the wheels and some small part. Anyone have the bug ?

Got it as well.

need the igiload script but it seems only crates, SDV and ATV´s are possible so far.

Brilliant combination of the two actually.

-

Plane feels nice, i can definitely see with some polish what a quality mod this can be, keep up the good work!

Actually HMMWVs and Hunters work too. I think RHIBs work as well, it would be cool if someone could create a mission where you have to drop a RHIB from a Chinook as well as a bunch of SOF guys, then you switch to the SOF units and proceed with the mission.

Edited by pascalywood1

Just lovely.

http://i.imgur.com/4zbXObGl.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/PnKnzKol.png

http://i.imgur.com/euAb7b9l.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/5TJx1aXl.png

http://i.imgur.com/V3ci2Aml.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/aN3CznNl.png

click for full size

(one small issue popped up though: the landing lights on the wingtips are pointing downwards instead of forward: http://i.imgur.com/f0ybpK4.jpg )

I think the lights on the wings are supposed to point down. http://antarcticsun.usap.gov/AntarcticSun/features/images2/NVG_C17.jpg Unless if I am viewing this wrong. But I love the pictures that you took. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Ok thanks you for letting me know. I forgot to add back some parts on the model because I was trying to fix the cargo issue.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Releasing a patch maybe today.

Edited by randomslap

same thing here to and really to bad cant get a tank in there would be cool

Hope you guys get the handling nailed down as I said earlier. Been messing with it more and more, it needs a heavier touch/sluggish sorta controls.

Also, any word on if the instruments in the cockpit might get a look over as the horizon doesn't work etc. That'd be awesome.

randomslap please take a look at how the AI handles the plane. It seems that they can't take off from Almyra salt lake by any means. The plane is just bumping around like crazy at low speeds thus diminishing any velocity the AI terribly needs to safely take off. Even as player it is insanely difficult to take off from the salt lake.

randomslap please take a look at how the AI handles the plane. It seems that they can't take off from Almyra salt lake by any means. The plane is just bumping around like crazy at low speeds thus diminishing any velocity the AI terribly needs to safely take off. Even as player it is insanely difficult to take off from the salt lake.

Got it. I will take a look at it but it may take some time to fix.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Hope you guys get the handling nailed down as I said earlier. Been messing with it more and more, it needs a heavier touch/sluggish sorta controls.

Also, any word on if the instruments in the cockpit might get a look over as the horizon doesn't work etc. That'd be awesome.

Im not quite sure when they will be working. I know how to install them onto the plane, but I do not know when I will do that.

New update!

v1.8

-FIXED: Invisible interior

-FIXED: AI can take off without breaking the landing gear

-REMOVED: Attach and Detach/Detach all option (use the Igiload option)

-CHANGE: Less difficult to bank directions

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

broken link

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

It will specifically run igiload for c-17 or will it be universal?

Igiload is universal at the moment. I may change it so that it is only for the C-17.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Now, I have a question for the people that use this mod. Should I remove the Igiload? I put the script in because I thought it would be easier to have access of loading vehicles instead of having to create a mission.sqm.

Don't remove it! Make it more compatible ;-) it is possible to make the cargo room walkable in flight? How about a "autopilot flying straight"?

New update!

v1.8

-FIXED: Invisible interior

-FIXED: AI can take off without breaking the landing gear

-REMOVED: Attach and Detach/Detach all option (use the Igiload option)

-CHANGE: Less difficult to bank directions

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

Igiload is universal at the moment. I may change it so that it is only for the C-17.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Now, I have a question for the people that use this mod. Should I remove the Igiload? I put the script in because I thought it would be easier to have access of loading vehicles instead of having to create a mission.sqm.

I wouldnt remove Igiload it works brilliantly

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

can you drive vehicles into the c-17 and leave them whilst flying or will this destroy the plane.

And can someone explain how to use the igiload system script ive downloaded it but can't work it