Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

Any ideas on how we can generate a bit of publicity on this campaign? You know, for the contest, I was actually considering doing a prize draw and giving away RESIST themed mouse mats when supporters left their email address...

I think that allowing beta testers and ask them to post feedback (which will surely be positive) so that more people wanna try it could be a good solution.

BTW is it done on stable or dev branch?

:dancered:

Not sure if trolling me, or just randomly using a dancer..

futuramafry.jpg

Yeah, testing will certainly be needed. It should be pretty much glitch free (I've been thorough) but gameplay elements could need tweaking.

For the most part, it's been put together on the DEV build, but there shouldn't be any issues with compatability.

Another thing I'd like to mention, this campaign will reward a little exploration. There's lines of dialogue specifically recorded for certain discoveries, as well as a long list of scripted events. It'll also make the missions that little be easier.

Spent today recording wind turbines. Managed to capture some splendid material, and then synced the speed to the turbines in-game. They're positively intimidating now. No silent solar farms on Altis in this campaign!

Spent today recording wind turbines. Managed to capture some splendid material, and then synced the speed to the turbines in-game. They're positively intimidating now. No silent solar farms on Altis in this campaign!

Fascinating! Looking forward to it...

Okay - so, Alpha play testing for the first episode starts near the end of this month. Add me as a friend on Steam and I'll upload it privately so you can try it out. If you enjoy it, please consider voting at a later date on the contest (if, of course, you feel it deserves it over other entries!). Cheers!

I would love to test! Can I get a PM with your steam user?

Just look me up on Steam under 'Kydoimos' (think I'm the only one!) and send me a friend invite! I'll send a round robin message to let everybody know when it's ready.

(think I'm the only one!)

You're wrong, there's five of you :p I'll just send a request to the one that 2800+ hours in Arma 3.

Lol, yup - that'd be me! Surprised there's 5!

Lol, I fount you easily enough. Apparently we have a common friend in "Clyde"

Just uploaded a bunch of screenshots on Steam. I've tagged them as spoilers - but if any of you potential play testers want to check them out, please do!

Anxious for your campaign! So far only Misty Ronin released a "real campaign" (accessible at the campaign tab not a bunch of SP nor MP missions with a same tag...) - Silver Dawn, it is time for some other user made campaign (Arma and A2 had lotsa campaigns, what is keeping missions designers from doing them for A3???)

Those screenies are a tease, for sure!

cheers!

what is keeping missions designers from doing them for A3???)

Seems people are on a world wide MP fad right now, like getting tattoos and body piercing. They want to get on-line with their 16 yr old buddies and "Kick some ass".

Granted, MP is fun, but in my part of the world, there are not a lot of servers hosting Arma nor clans.

You would think that SP would be the base of any and all games then MP. Seems not. With Arma 3, MP has taken over.

You would think that SP would be the base of any and all games then MP. Seems not. With Arma 3, MP has taken over.

Yes, but I agree with him: I enjoy playing solo too, and there is not much high quality mission for ArmA 3 - whereas the game is out since a last year. I have found only 1 or 2 mission which are really worth it and very high quality like those we could find on ArmA 2.

That's why I'm eagerly waiting for this Resist campaign which looks amazing!

Great pics though!

Here is the link for those who want:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007919065/screenshots/

I agree - hopefully, Resist will set a standard! I'm working really, really hard to provide an exciting solo experience that builds on BIS' official campaign. If (and it's still a big 'if'!) I'm lucky enough to win a prize in the Make Arma Not War contest, I'd love to be able to commit to another two campaigns. At the moment, I'm thinking about following the Resist campaign with 'Exploit' and 'Avenge'. I've got some scenarios planned that I won't be able to implement in Resist. Let's just say for now, as far as the story arc goes, the Altian flashpoint gets very personal. I'd also love to create a sort of short, spin-off campaign, centering around one of Resist's characters, set during the Altian Civil War. But for now, must devote myself fully to the project at hand!

Gentlemen (wiki and kydoimos),

I also completely agree. I am an SP freak. Love SP and all my missions (noticed my sig yet? hint hint) are SP.

Can't get enough of SP. Hope more come out with Arma 3.

Gentlemen (wiki and kydoimos),

I also completely agree. I am an SP freak. Love SP and all my missions (noticed my sig yet? hint hint) are SP.

Can't get enough of SP. Hope more come out with Arma 3.

I can only agree to all of you, total SP fan here! I haven't even played Arma 3 in MP yet. Nor did I in Arma 2 apart from trying some public server once. Would love to do that some time though.

Anyway, great work, Kydoimos! Been looking forward to this project since I got wind of it. One can only admire such dedication. I'm an Armaholic myself but I'd never had the time or desire to go that far into detail. I hope I can also release some project soon. Been working on three different SP things since the A3 alpha but haven't finished anything releasable yet. xX

I've been following your work too Pete - perhaps, if Resist is successful, we can have a chat about a future project? Playtesting for 'Road's End' (Mission 1 in Resist) should start around the 22nd of this month - so, feel free to give me some feedback!

I've been following your work too Pete - perhaps, if Resist is successful, we can have a chat about a future project? Playtesting for 'Road's End' (Mission 1 in Resist) should start around the 22nd of this month - so, feel free to give me some feedback!

I will totally try it and report back! Yes, maybe we can do something in a group in the future. I also like the idea of having something set in the Altian civil war, that should be an interesting scenario. We'll see. ;)

Oh - thought I'd mention - if anyone's interested in translating this project into other languages, please drop me a line at Cerberus_Creative@Outlook.com, Russian, in particular, would be a massive boost!

And, post release, I should have a nice array of User Textures available via download for billboards: 'Popsi Cola', 'Fastercard', 'Day-Z for the ZBox', etc.